I say about 20 feet average but he could grow in size too

#2 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio

20 feet thats it it thought more like 300
#3 Posted by Red_Blade (2397 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:
" 20 feet thats it it thought more like 300 "
He can probably grow to that size, but on average I say 20-30 feet
#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
His size varies, depending on artistic interpretation, as well as his own condition. This is Marvel's official entry for him.

#5 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought he was as tall as he wanted to be, in a fight with thor he went down to human size.

#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of The Northwind said:
" I always thought he was as tall as he wanted to be, in a fight with thor he went down to human size. "
He can do that, too.
#7 Posted by spidey 15 (17693 posts) - - Show Bio

His weight is too little i think.....
#8 Posted by Son Of The Northwind (293 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by spidey 15 (17693 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of The Northwind:
You see his pic.... how can he only weight 18,2 tons....=S
#10 Posted by jloneblackheart (5482 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: the note on that page is interesting. Galactus explained that his illusion would be so realistic that no one would ever know it was an illusion. Did Marvel forget this or are they hinting that in the future they may retcon the whole thing? Very interesting. 

Also it says about 30 feet for his height. I think he looks bigger than that most of the time, I'm guessing between 5 and 8 stories tall. That's just a guess using other characters next to him as a basis. He does change in size though, and shrinks when his power reserves dwindle, but he definately looks like he's bigger than that most of the time.
#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:

" @Morpheus_: the note on that page is interesting. Galactus explained that his illusion would be so realistic that no one would ever know it was an illusion. Did Marvel forget this or are they hinting that in the future they may retcon the whole thing? Very interesting.   "

Probably the first option, even though bios are fairly spot on, in contrast to statistics.

Also it says about 30 feet for his height. I think he looks bigger than that most of the time, I'm guessing between 5 and 8 stories tall. That's just a guess using other characters next to him as a basis. He does change in size though, and shrinks when his power reserves dwindle, but he definately looks like he's bigger than that most of the time.

I can agree with that. My most favourite representation of him originates from his appearance in Nova, and there he was much taller than anything I've seen before from him, so I think his height truly depends on how the artists/writers wish to illustrate him, at the time. But generally speaking, yes, his average height should be more than just that.

#12 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Galactus and Godzilla 'wrassle'.

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7912 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15:
because he is nothing inside of him except for cosmic power, no bones, flesh or water... nothing but a shell that we see
#14 Edited by the referee (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't think me an idiot but I know "VERY" little about Galactus. So my embarrassing question is how does he absorb planets? I mean does he eat them,  use a machine or what? Plus what exactly is cosmic power? I read Silver Surfer essential vol 1 to learn the answer and it looks to me like it is just an excuses to say he could do anything.

#15 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio
@the referee said:
"Please don't think me an idiot but I know "VERY" little about Galactus. So my embarrassing question is how does he absorb planets? I mean does he eat them,  use a machine or what? Plus what exactly is cosmic power? I read Silver Surfer essential vol 1 to learn the answer and it looks to me like it is just an excuses to say he could do anything. "

He uses the machine then a cord goes in to him  you think he eats it like an apple did you? 
#16 Posted by 614azrael (10306 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man:
thts what spiderman thought in mua lol. 

N the answer is 28 feet tall average but can change it. Makeing the max result rele rele big. "n god lookd at galactus n 4 the 1st time lookd up n said god damn" wow i found that funy n am predictin i might get hate mail on here 4 sayn it XD
#17 Posted by TheRavager (9 posts) - - Show Bio

28'9" is the Handbook stat, and that's about how Jack Kirby drew him.  Out of the modern artists only Jim Starlin draws him this small, likely as a sign of disrespect as he views Galactus as an America analogy, a greedy, powerful, and arrogant force.  

Ron Lim's Galactus generally appears 60-80 feet tall, Andrea Devito's Galactus is similar, John Buschema's is 40-50 feet tall.  In the recent Nova book and in Thanos Imperative he was drawn THOUSANDS of feet tall, making the Surfer look like gnat.  It really depends on the artist, but lately that 28'9" (average) figure is WAAAAAY low. 

#18 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRavager:
Yah I know I have the handbook to but in the pic he look way of 20 feet
#19 Posted by Edamame (28372 posts) - - Show Bio

Taller than the tree that is right outside of my house.

#20 Edited by GothamBane42 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

60 ft if starving, 100 000 miles if fully fed.

#21 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6456 posts) - - Show Bio

He is as tall as he wants to be

#22 Posted by Jigen879 (529 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Jigen879 (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_the_northwind: Excuse but in these scan should Galactus be as high as Thor? But Galactus is at least four times the height of Thor ! If he has never been shown to human height, I believe that he can not do that

#24 Edited by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

the size of texas?

#25 Posted by galactus1967 (720 posts) - - Show Bio

variable,but has appeared the size of a star in a rom book(can`t remember the exact issue,but before#30).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.