Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

How Much does Galactus bench press

"Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By "Colossus"

anyone????
    cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cly

Two planets connected by bar made out of compressed asteroids. XD

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Infinite. For those like Galactus, things like weight and mass don't exist.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the creator
    @JediXMan said:
    "Infinite. For those like Galactus, things like weight and mass don't exist. "

Err, no. 
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By "Colossus"
    @the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "
    LOL where did he get such an idea from, that only applies to omnipotents like eternity
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@"Colossus" said:
    "@the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "
    LOL where did he get such an idea from, that only applies to omnipotents like eternity "

maybe he means it's pretty much irrelevant, why would Galactus even have to pick anything up?   If he did have to, what is there you think he couldn't? 
    (yea, sure he picked up Norrin to give him his silver skin and allbut that's hardly a feat)
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rein
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "
    LOL where did he get such an idea from, that only applies to omnipotents like eternity "
    eternity isn't omnipotent.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King Quisling
    @rein: Really? I always thought he was. 
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rein
    @King Quisling said:
    " @rein: Really? I always thought he was.  "
    The only being who is Omnipotent (all powerful no limitations) is the OAA. eternity is powerful but there are more powerful beings then him (meaning he can't be omnipotent)
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator
    @Donovan Montgomery said:
    maybe he means it's pretty much irrelevant, why would Galactus even have to pick anything up?   If he did have to, what is there you think he couldn't? (yea, sure he picked up Norrin to give him his silver skin and allbut that's hardly a feat) "
    And yet on occasions Galactus has engaged in hand to hand combat. 
    A good example of this is when he came to earth at the behest of Reed Richards to fight the Sphinx. 
    cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cracks

Galactus bench presses a lot of galaxies. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @"Colossus" said:

" @the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "

You do know Galactus is supposedly "related" to Eternity, right?

Also, he wears the armor to contain himself. His true form has no mass.

At full power, Galactus is almost equal to Eternity.

http://marvel.com/universe/Galactus

His body isn't the same as Eternity's, but he still doesn't have a concept of weight. It is physical, because it needs to be. His body is held in by the Celestial armor.
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By "Colossus"
    @rein said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "
    eternity isn't omnipotent. "
    eternity is nigh omnipotent in his universe, nigh omnipotent is still powerful enough to lift infinit mass
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rein
    @JediXMan said:
    Galactus is the previous universes eternity. his power is also contained by the celestial armor. Weight and mass do hold meaning for galactus, however his powers do make it so that it doesn't matter how heavy an object is, he will be able to lift it.
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rein
    @"Colossus" said:
    " @rein said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "
    eternity is nigh omnipotent in his universe, nigh omnipotent is still powerful enough to lift infinit mass "
    eternity can lift infinite mass, however he is not omnipotent
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By "Colossus"
    @rein said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @rein said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    " @the creator said:

" @JediXMan said:

Err, no.  "
    eternity is nigh omnipotent in his universe, nigh omnipotent is still powerful enough to lift infinit mass "
    eternity can lift infinite mass, however he is not omnipotent "
    eternity is NIGH omnipotent. nigh means not truley but close
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @rein: 

Ok, this is true. I believe he has some restrictions. He is supposed to represent Equality in the Universe, to keep the balance. So he must have restrictions.

Also, as far as I know, there are two beings that are Omnipotent:

The One Above All
    The Living Tribunal

Problem with LT is that his powers are augmented by the One Above All, and therefore his powerlevels change I believe.
    rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rein
    @"Colossus" said:
    eternity is NIGH omnipotent. nigh means not truley but close "
    sorry i belived that you were saying that eternity was omnipotent in his universe, if you are simply trying to state that he is powerful, then i concur.
    @JediXMan said:
    The only truly omnipotent being in marvel is the one-above-all (and possibly the beyonder) And as for the LT his power is his own, unlike the specter who's power depends on how much backing he gets
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I thought LT's power varied based on the One Above All's choice? I admit that I don't know much about LT. That and I'm focusing more on DC these days.

rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rein
    @JediXMan said:
    " I thought LT's power varied based on the One Above All's choice? I admit that I don't know much about LT. That and I'm focusing more on DC these days. "
    Tmk living tribunals power is his own. But i also focus on older comics truth be told so it's possibly they could have changed it.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@the creator:
    yea, forgot about the inbetweener an d such to, lol 
    JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

In general I am unsure. I haven't read many issues about LT. From what I have read and heard, I think the Living Tribunal does what the One Above All asks of him.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cracks

Is Eternity above Galactus or are they on the same level?

rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rein
    @cracks said:
    " Is Eternity above Galactus or are they on the same level? "
    Eternity is stronger then galactus normally, but they are about equal if he takes his armor off ( he is the eternity of the former universe)
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By "Colossus"
    @rein said:
    " @"Colossus" said:
    sorry i belived that you were saying that eternity was omnipotent in his universe, if you are simply trying to state that he is powerful, then i concur.
    @JediXMan said: The only truly omnipotent being in marvel is the one-above-all (and possibly the beyonder) And as for the LT his power is his own, unlike the specter who's power depends on how much backing he gets "
    true omnipotent and Nigh omnipotent is differen so yes im saying he is nigh omnipotent which means he is very powerful
    "Colossus"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By "Colossus"
    @rein said:
    " @cracks said:
    Eternity is stronger then galactus normally, but they are about equal if he takes his armor off ( he is the eternity of the former universe) "
    where did you get this from? galactus in the previous was a normal species from the previous which was all killed except galan because pheonix force brought him into the new universe
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn
    Galactus bench press about 600 decillion tons...  
    lol
    TheRavager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheRavager
    @"Colossus" said:

" @rein said:

" @"Colossus" said:

@"Colossus" said:

" @rein said:

" @cracks said:
    Eternity is stronger then galactus normally, but they are about equal if he takes his armor off ( he is the eternity of the former universe) "
    where did you get this from? galactus in the previous was a normal species from the previous which was all killed except galan because pheonix force brought him into the new universe "

The better question is where did you get this from?  Galactus is the result of the merging between Galan and the Sentience of the Previous Universe.  All the Phoenix Force did was hold demons at bay for a few moments so Galan didn't die before he was able to enter the Cosmic Egg and merge with the Sentience of the Previous Universe.  

The Pheonix Force had no direct involvement with Galan, the Sentience of the Previous Universe, or Galactus.    

Galactus walks the line between physical (not flesh and blood, remember even stars and black holes are physical) and abstract.  He is the brother, father, and son of Eternity and the brother, father, husband, and son of Mistress Death.  Galactus is the Third Force of the Universe, the balance between Eternity & Death.   He represents Equity in matters of cosmic importance (one of the LT's faces) .  He created the Ultimate Nullifier, which he stated is as much a part of him  his own heart, which has destroyed and reconstructed the entire Marvel multiverse.  He keeps Abraxas imprisoned, Abraxas who is the conceptual embodiment of the Multi-Eternity's own self-destructive tendency.   In fact this may be the entire reason he feeds, to refuel the energy used in keeping Abraxas imprisoned within the heart of Eternity.  

Simply put, when Galactus isn't hungry he is one bad ass dude.  

How much can he bench?  I guess it would depend on how hungry he is.   Even when near death, his physical strength is orders of magnitude beyond guys like Thor or Hulk.  At the height of his power, I wouldn't doubt it is in his ability to move galaxies.  He can certainly teleport them, even in a depleted state, as he has actually done it. 
    TheRavager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheRavager

P.S.  Here's evidence regarding my statements on the Pheonix Force having no direct hand in the creation of Galactus:   

http://marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Data_Corrections_Fantastic_Four_2005 

"Due to the extensive trimming required, the entry appears to indicate that the Phoenix Force is the force that saved Galan. While the information as stated is not wrong, the conclusion it seems to guide to is not quite accurate. The original entry as written was over twice the allowed length, and had to be heavily trimmed. The intent of the sentence was lost in the trimming process. It would be more accurate to say: As the previous universe met its end, the Phoenix Force harnessed the positive emotions of everyone in the cosmos to save them from eternal damnation, enabling the sentience of the universe join with Galan and allow him to survive into the next reality.

To clarify further, nothing is said about whether the Phoenix Force petitioned the sentience of the universe or not. One might infer that, if one chose to:

* The universe was being destroyed, and all existence was falling into the hands of demonic forces.
      * The Phoenix Force harnessed the positive emotions to save all existence from this fate.
      * The next thing shown is Galan plunging into the fiery cauldron of the cosmos, and the sentience of the universe spoke to him.

The implications/significance are (at least) twofold. The Phoenix Force existed in a previous incarnation in the reality before the current one, and Galan would likely have fallen into the hands of the dark forces and never had the chance to become Galactus if not for the Phoenix Force."

Proof regarding Galan's merging with the Sentience of the Previous Universe:

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/Rotiart26/Marvel%20Abstracts/Eternity1.jpg 

"Eternity came into existence when the universe was born, and has referred to many of the other abstract beings that came into existence with it as as both siblings and offspring.  This includes the planet-consuming Galactus, sole-survivor of the previous universe, whose life was spared when the previous universe's version of Eternity merged with him."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.