Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Has Galactus ever been at full power?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Son Of Storm
    Ever?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Good question.  Is he at top strength right after feeding?  Or does he need a nap?  How long after he consumes the energy from his latest meal is available to him as power? 
    Was the quality of the consumed planet's energy enough to completely energize Galactus?  Is any planet's energy enough?   

I'd like to think that Galactus, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in an attempt to represent God without invoking of offending any religion or beliefs thereof, at full power is absolutley the most powerfull of any and all Marvel characters.  All of them, including:  Living Tribunal, Eternity, Beyonder, Phoenix-Force, Thanos, Korvac, the Celestials, etc.  Hell, all of them combined!  He's never been shown to be this powerfull, though.  It'd be a hard story to pull off;  Galactus at full power = God.  What does he do then?  Who could possibly be a viable  
    opponent?  For what purpose would he need his full potential/peak power?  I'd like to see that one.  
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well, he's constantly using his power, so probably no. But he's been close before. It's never really stated when he is at or near full power as much as it is stated that he is weak or low on power. From what I have seen, for him to reach near full power he would have to feed much more than he does usually. 

The only real examples I can think of is when he knew him and Tyrant were going to go at it he began preparing himself. After Annihilation we get to see how much he needs to consume just to get back to normal, so that is probably the pace he would need to go when trying to gain his max. He might have been at full power when Frankln and Valeria brought him from the heart of Eternity though.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Son Of Storm
    @PowerHerc@jloneblackheart 
    Thanks guys.
    TheRavager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheRavager

Full power?  Probably not.  

Well-fed is another story though, though in this state he isn't devouring worlds so he tends not to fight when sated and thus his typical strongest. 

Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
    RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RiseofApocalypse

There is no fully powered Galactus. He can't exist given the showings he's had. There is no limit to how much he can devour.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
    higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart said:
    Well, he's constantly using his power, so probably no. But he's been close before. It's never really stated when he is at or near full power as much as it is stated that he is weak or low on power. From what I have seen, for him to reach near full power he would have to feed much more than he does usually.   The only real examples I can think of is when he knew him and Tyrant were going to go at it he began preparing himself. After Annihilation we get to see how much he needs to consume just to get back to normal, so that is probably the pace he would need to go when trying to gain his max. He might have been at full power when Frankln and Valeria brought him from the heart of Eternity though.
    when did this happen
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By doordoor123
    @Son Of Storm
    Nope
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @higher_evolutionary Which part?
    Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
    higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart
    He might have been at full power when Frankln and Valeria brought him from the heart of Eternity though
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @higher_evolutionary Fantastic Four vol 3 #49 I think
    vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By vidarrodinson

I hope he is at full power now.  When you pursue an invasion of Asgard, you better be ready.  No excuses.  This could be the fight of  the century.  Or maybe it will leave us,  the readers hungry for more. With a Galactus appetite. 

deadsuperbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By deadsuperbat

@powerherc:

@powerherc said:

Good question. Is he at top strength right after feeding? Or does he need a nap? How long after he consumes the energy from his latest meal is available to him as power?

Was the quality of the consumed planet's energy enough to completely energize Galactus? Is any planet's energy enough?

I'd like to think that Galactus, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in an attempt to represent God without invoking of offending any religion or beliefs thereof, at full power is absolutley the most powerfull of any and all Marvel characters. All of them, including: Living Tribunal, Eternity, Beyonder, Phoenix-Force, Thanos, Korvac, the Celestials, etc. Hell, all of them combined! He's never been shown to be this powerfull, though. It'd be a hard story to pull off; Galactus at full power = God. What does he do then? Who could possibly be a viable

opponent? For what purpose would he need his full potential/peak power? I'd like to see that one.

Yeah Galactus would be very powerful but not living tribunal and certainly not beyonder level of power.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lifebringer is basically a full-power Galactus; he pretty much just stomped Chaos and Order in Ultimates 6 but still is much weaker than Molecule Man (but that's not saying much since him and Reed are the two most powerful beings in the omniverse now).

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he was close to full power when he fed on 4 planets and was able to oneshot a celestial.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.