Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

By that I mean, is that how many are annoyed and also amused of this: 

Look at him. I mean, seriously. He has a bowtie, and a cap in his cosmic armor! 

#1 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7500 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by jjcoe9198 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree: Galactus needs a SERIOUS visual overhaul. While I really liked the 1610 design, I don't think it would go over well in the 616. But, I think Brandon Peterson and Warren Ellis were on the right track: something INorganic. Think of Unicron, movie style, and you'll have a rough approximation of what I'm imagining.

#3 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@jjcoe9198:

I`m fine with most of the design. The cap and bowtie are the only ones I don`t really like. But, everyones got their own tastes.

#4 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine that more people would be unhappy with a costume change. Just look at the uproar when Jim Lee took away Darkseid's skirt. People really don't like change.

#5 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth:

If I get to draw stories with Galactus in them, that will be published, I`m not gonna draw that bowtie, or the cap. Do you know why? Because it`s me who draws Galactus. It`s me who doesn`t want those little things to his armor, and to me, that`s what matters. Besides, it would be just for a few issues. I mean, I don`t say or mean, that readers can`t dislike my way of drawing him (which SUCKS). All I want, is that they don`t crack their skulls because of what I do.

But, I know that my hopes are in vain.

And, maybe I have changed my mind in those days, about those things. Who knows? Aswer: many.

#6 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is above fashion.

#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (7715 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, never noticed 'em like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.