Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Galactus......Why so hungry dude??

Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
    White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We all know he has a parasite that makes him insatiably hungry but does this parasite also drain his power? If not then why does he need to feed to regain his power? 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Wait he's got a parasite that makes him hungry? When did that get revealed? I always figured he's hungry because that's his purpose in the universe. Like maggots eating dead flesh. Circle of life thing.

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @PrinceIMC said:
    Wait he's got a parasite that makes him hungry? When did that get revealed? I always figured he's hungry because that's his purpose in the universe. Like maggots eating dead flesh. Circle of life thing.
    yeah thats what I thought too
    White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceIMC said:
    Well maybe its not cannon but in Galacta she found out that she is infested by a cosmic tapeworm which is why she is so hungry all the time which has dad has. Or maybe its false and Galactus doesnt have one
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gravitypress

Maybe thats why his hunger has increased over the years.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It hasn't really been stated that Galacta is canon. If it was, it doesn't make sense to me that Galactus would have Galacta after billions of years and she in turn would have her own pregnancy while she was still so young.

I think his hunger increases as the universe increases in size. He has to remain a balance between life and death.

White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart said:
    It hasn't really been stated that Galacta is canon. If it was, it doesn't make sense to me that Galactus would have Galacta after billions of years and she in turn would have her own pregnancy while she was still so young. I think his hunger increases as the universe increases in size. He has to remain a balance between life and death.
    But what about his power though? Does that decrease with the universe increasing?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @White Angel Of Death said:
    Well maybe its not cannon but in Galacta she found out that she is infested by a cosmic tapeworm which is why she is so hungry all the time which has dad has. Or maybe its false and Galactus doesnt have one

She was hungry because she was actually pregnant.  

Now, can Galactus get pregnant? Is this what you are asking?  

You better not ask me! I heard Galactus was a lousy lay. 0_0
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Aiden Cross

Big guys have big appetite =)

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Heh, the title of this thread just makes me laugh. Although I didn't read too much Silver Surfer and Fantastic Four, my theory was that Galactus is the balance the universe needs to prevent it from collapsing in on itself in its earlier stages or not at all, but science was never my forte.
    Edit: Then again, he may be exacting a duplicate of the universe once another collapse becomes eminent.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@White Angel Of Death said:

@jloneblackheart said:
    It hasn't really been stated that Galacta is canon. If it was, it doesn't make sense to me that Galactus would have Galacta after billions of years and she in turn would have her own pregnancy while she was still so young. I think his hunger increases as the universe increases in size. He has to remain a balance between life and death.
    But what about his power though? Does that decrease with the universe increasing?

I wouldn't think so. He has been at low power levels since Annihilations, Godhunter and Chaos War depleting them even further. I can't say for sure why, but he is definitely getting hungrier as the universe gets older.

@SC: Oh, that Infinity is just one universal gossip!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ARMIV
    I eat planets 'cause I can. 
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: That info is based on the Galacta books, which as far as any of us know, are not in main continuity. It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it has nothing to do with his (or her) power level, just hunger level.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ARMIV said:
    Reed Richards had to upgrade the banhammer machine into the Ultimate Nullifier (AKA, Banhammer 2.0) to rid Earth of this troll.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.