Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Galactus's power

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Amazingoctus

I have recently seen a herald of Galactus's called the Fallen One and saw that he uses Black Matter instead of the typical Power Cosmic. Something tells me that this is something opposite of the normal Power Cosmic, natural enemies kind of like fire and water. If that is so then Galctus couldn't hold both within his body. Since Galactus created Fallen One and the Silver Surfer I have thought something. Maybe Galactus doesn't actually hold cosmic power like other beings, but when powerfull enough can touch into all the different variations of power, and when weak can only touch into the typical Power Cosmic. Have you guys ever thought about this stuff?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Fallen One is Galactus' first herald and was made with the power to control dark matter, as opposed to later heralds that he imbued with his own Power Cosmic instead, since the dark matter is what drove Fallen One mad in the first place. Galactus can manipulate any energy or matter on large scales, and dark energy and dark matter are simply different forms that Galactus is capable of manipulating.

Dark Matter/Energy and the Power Cosmic are both unlimited power sources, but the Fallen One actually has access to that unlimited source, where heralds that have the PC cannot access the full potential of all the PC, as Galactus can control how much he gives them. It would seem to be a precaution on his part.

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Amazingoctus
    @jloneblackheart
    Well I have just recently seen him. But wait, Galactus gave him the ability to control Dark Matter, he already had it or other? What I was thinking is that Dark Matter was a different form of Cosmic Power, like elements fire, water, rock and air, but that there were more forms than just that. I have heard that inside of Galactus was energy instead of organs and such, my thought was that it in itself was not actually energy but a gateway to all those other forms of power. Also, not that Galactus could reach any level of those energies, just any form.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@Amazingoctus: The Fallen One's true origin is unrevealed as of yet. Dark matter is just another piece of the universe and exists in our universe as well, making up most of the universe. It is hard to detect as we cannot view it directly. Since it is so abundant in the universe, the Fallen One has a virtually inexhaustible source of power. Although he still pales in comparison to Galactus, he is obviously able to put up enough of a fight against his master to change how he empowers his heralds.

The Power Cosmic (totally fictional) is a power source that originates in the Astral Plane and seems to be directly linked to Galactus. Galactus true form is energy and he made his armor to contain himself. I assume the energy he is made of is the Power Cosmic itself, but I don't believe this has ever been stated directly.

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MutenRoshi

Yeah Powercosmic is fantasy but dark matter seems to be based on what might be scientific reality - cos scientists haven't totally confirmed proof of Dark Matter

The wiki Entry on Dark Matter   
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter

In astronomy and cosmology, dark matter is matter that is inferred to exist from gravitational effects on visible matter and gravitational lensing of background radiation, but that neither emits nor scatters light or other electromagnetic radiation (and so cannot be directly detected via optical or radio astronomy).[1] Its existence was hypothesized to account for discrepancies between calculations of the mass of galaxies, clusters of galaxies and the entire universe made through dynamical and general relativistic means, and calculations based on the mass of the visible "luminous" matter these objects contain: stars and the gas and dust of the interstellar and intergalactic medium.According to observations of structures larger than solar systems, as well as Big Bang cosmology interpreted under the Friedmann equations and the FLRW metric, dark matter accounts for 23% of the mass-energy density of the observable universe. In comparison, ordinary matter accounts for only 4.6% of the mass-energy density of the observable universe, with the remainder being attributable to dark energy.[2][3] From these figures, dark matter constitutes 83%, (23/(23+4.6)), of the matter in the universe, whereas ordinary matter makes up only 17%.Dark matter was postulated by Fritz Zwicky in 1934 to account for evidence of "missing mass" in the orbital velocities of galaxies in clusters. Subsequently, other observations have indicated the presence of dark matter in the universe; these observations include the rotational speeds of galaxies, gravitational lensing of background objects by galaxy clusters such as the Bullet Cluster, and the temperature distribution of hot gas in galaxies and clusters of galaxies.Dark matter plays a central role in state-of-the-art modeling of structure formation and galaxy evolution, and has measurable effects on the anisotropies observed in the cosmic microwave background. All these lines of evidence suggest that galaxies, clusters of galaxies, and the universe as a whole contain far more matter than that which interacts with electromagnetic radiation. The largest part of dark matter, which does not interact with electromagnetic radiation, is not only "dark" but also, by definition, utterly transparent.

[

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.