Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Galactus's Power

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Theracles

Galactus is called "The Devourer of Worlds", "The most awesome creature in the universe" and most times as "the most powerful being in the universe" but just how powerful is he? He is said to have limitless power fue to being the possesor of the Power Cosmic, he can fire lasers powerful enough to split planets and he can fire blast to a planet destroying level. Galactus has virtually infinite power but just how powerful is he? 

Galactus!
    Galactus!
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lordraiden

outside of 'The Devourer of  Worlds" i'd say the others are slight exagerations! The most awsome creture in the universe??? The most powerfull???? not sure were these titles are comming from?

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Theracles
    lordraiden said:
    "outside of 'The Devourer of  Worlds" i'd say the others are slight exagerations! The most awsome creture in the universe??? The most powerfull???? not sure were these titles are comming from?"
    I don't think those titles are official since I found them on www.wikipedia.org.
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the creator
    Theracles said:
    I don't think those titles are official since I found them on www.wikipedia.org.
    Do not trust to internet sites as there is little to no control on the accuracy of the information posted.

Here's a quore from the OHOTMU on him,

Galactus possesses cosmic power beyond the abilities of human beings to measure. Galactus is able to use the vast energies within him for an incalculable number of effects. Some of his most rudimentary abilities are the molecular restructuring or conversion of matter, the projection of energy with enormous concussive force, the teleportation of objects across space or even time, and the erection of invincible energy-screens and force fields. Even his heralds, whom he has endowed with a small fraction of his ever-renewing power, are able to manipulate matter and energy in ways far beyond human comprehension.

Galactus wears a full-body suit of armor constructed from an unknown extraterrestrial metal that permits him to regulate and control his personal energy. If he were to remove the armor, the vast cosmic energies that empower him would run rampant, with the potential to turn him into a small sun.

Galactus requires unknown energies obtainable only from a certain type of planet in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. Although he is able to extract and absorb this energy himself, he generally employs a complicated array of equipment to perform the conversion process for him. The equipment is not only more efficient than he is, but also enables him to avoid the needless expenditure of energy involved in the process. Sometimes Galactus drains the energies he needs from a planet while still leaving it barely habitable. Other times he destroys all life and water on the planet in the process, leaving its surface devastated and barren. Most often his feeding process destroys the planet, reducing it to space rubble. When Galactus was newly born in his current form, the energy of a medium-size Earth-like planet was enough to sustain him for over a century (using Earthly measurements of time). Now, for unknown reasons, he needs to feed about once a month. His body totally converts the energy he absorbs for its life functions and bodily activities without any waste products.

Galactus is telepathic, able to scan the thoughts of any mind he has yet encountered, no matter how alien or advanced it was.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#5  Edited By AssertingValor

Galactus is posibly the nexus of the power cosmic and is supposed to be near par with his "siblings" Infinity, eternity... I read in the fantastic four comics, Galactus said to the Thing that even his herald the silver surfer who has power many times your own, was not even the most miniscule threat to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.