Galactus and the Phoenix Force?

#1 Posted by Hyoton (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I have heard that the existence of Galactus was caused due to the Phoenix Force? Can anyone shed some light to this topic? What is the relation between Galactus and the Phoenix Force, and how do his powers compare to PF?

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus was created by the sentience of the previous universe. He is much more powerful than the Phoenix Force.

#3 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1622 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:
i wouldent say that, remember the white phoinex of the crown? she easily beat galactus with while using a very samll portion of her power and held a universe in her hand (not that galactus couldent do the same if he wanted.) i think she's arguably around IG level.
#4 Posted by jloneblackheart (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

IG level is basically Eternity level...

Anyway, I don't know much of the Phoenix of the White Crown, but I'm pretty sure Galactus captured the Phoenix once and was going to consume it, but didn't because the Phoenix was necessary fir life in the universe. I'm rusty, I'll have to look in to it.

#5 Posted by RoninTheFury (366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker: 
yes, but Galactus was already depleted before that confrontation.
#6 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1622 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury:
yes but remember the WPOTC possess the power to create and destroy "all that is" as well as serve as the doctor of the Multiverse, healing wounded Universes    and not to mention back then when the Stranger planned to get hold the power of the Phoenix from Jean Grey to re-create creation.. he plans to destroy all the cosmic entities which serves as the very foundation of the very fabric of reality (Eternity, Death, and yes even the living Tribunal himself included)     and make him self lord of all. I think she is above Galactus FP or not.
#7 Posted by SC (13408 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't recall how vague this connection is, and Galactus origin stories I believe and stories about Phoenix generally took apart away from each other. Also some retconning with Phoenix, but as per the OP, that sounds about right. I'll try and read what issues I have on both. I remember talk of a cosmic egg, hibernation and all that. I remember the Universe prior to 616's Eternity aiding Galan's rebirth into Galactus as well. 

#8 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart:
If you find some scans i would love to see them, thanks. 

@Hyoton:
From what I remember, in its final act the Phoenix of the previous universe was directed by Eternity to guide and protect Galen (now known as Galactus) in his ship to the center of the colapsing universe before it died. Eterinity or the sentience of the universe bonded itself with Galen in a cosmic egg. Some time after the big bang the egg hatched and who we now know as Galactus was born. A new phoenix was reborn in the new universe as well, as you may know that is the very definition of a "Phoenix".
#9 Posted by Thunderscream (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

this was posted in another thread
 @King Hyperion said:

" Let' ask Marvel what they think:

Well Phoenix physically beat Galactus but he ended up screwing her over mentally...I am not sure. Stalemate perhaps? "
#10 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

the phoenix ENTITY itself is stronger than Galactus, but as the phoenix force it is bound to the limitation of the host.

#11 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1622 posts) - - Show Bio
@DanielThomasRandKai:
you cleary never saw the Spectre adn Anti Monitor's power struggle at the end of COIE :p
#12 Posted by RoninTheFury (366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream said:
" this was posted in another thread
 @King Hyperion said:

" Let' ask Marvel what they think:

Well Phoenix physically beat Galactus but he ended up screwing her over mentally...I am not sure. Stalemate perhaps? "
"
Do you think the end result would have been the same if Galactus had been fully fed?
#13 Edited by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury: Do you think that would matter if the phoenix wouldn't be bound to the limitations a host? :O
#14 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury:  

Yes, same result.
#15 Posted by RoninTheFury (366 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponx: 
Wow. That is some serious power then. i knew the P.F.(with or without a host) was a mega power, but i didn't realize it was THAT powerful.
#16 Edited by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoninTheFury: 

Indeed, my friend ;).  

I mean, no one can say for sure since (as far as I know) it hasn't happened, but I am pretty sure that it would be the same result. 

Sweet avatar btw:)
#17 Posted by jloneblackheart (5491 posts) - - Show Bio
@CapitolPunishment:  

Excalibur #25 pg 6

She voluntarily let Galactus try to remove the Phoenix, basically because she figured she could not beat him or that she could not beat him AND save her friends and Earth in the process. Galactus admitted the Phoenix was a threat to him, which is why he planned to separate it from it's host. Eventually, Roma, Uatu and Death (in the guise of a mustached man) persuaded Galactus that he must not proceed. It's in the scans, but they didn't come out as big as I planned. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.