Follow

Galactus

Character » Galactus appears in 1750 issues.

Galactus is the infamous "Devourer of Worlds" in the Marvel Universe. His powers are nearly omnipotent. He has appointed several entities as his Heralds, imbuing them with the Power Cosmic. He uses energy from the core of planets and universal sources to sustain himself.

Dead Galactus in FF #583

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Am I correct in assuming this is the Galactus from the future timeline of the New Defenders?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Anyone else read this issue?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'm pretty sure that's the Galactus it is. The old Galactus Engine from the future.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

Nope. It was the actual Galactus. 

Guess who killed him. 

That's right, Shang-Chi. He wasn't even in the issue, either. That takes skill. 

In all seriousness, it was most likely the Defenders/Fantastic Force's Galactus Engine [which brings me to the thought that using Galactus as a flipping engine/power source is becoming an overused concept], though it's weird that the Silver Surfer only just now responds to that and makes me wonder what significance this is supposed to have in the upcoming issues.

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @iLLituracy: If its the REAL 616 galactus then i say bad writting because if big G was REALY dead (which shouldent be the case unless he fought untill he died of starvation) then Abraxas would have been unleashed agian f***ing shit up and drinking all the watcher's beer. 
    and besides what about galactus appearin in Thanos imperamitive? (did i spell that right?) is that story jsut set before this or something?
    Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
    RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RiseofApocalypse

That Galactus lost to heroes of an alternate reality (or maybe alternate time-line (so that would mean it was 616 Galactus, but from the future)). It took all the heroes of earth to take him down. Only a few survived.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.