can you explain to me why you think galactus is so powerful .

• 55 results
#1 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you think he's powerful. What feats of his impress you.
#2 Edited by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Rom 27(casually transported an entire galaxy through time and space, with a mere thought)
Fantastic Four v3 48-49(Ultimate Nullifier)
Cosmic Powers Unlimited(Tyrant fight, casual galaxy busting once again)
Fantastic Four 339-341(Black Celestial Arc, he was eating entire universes, he ate a celestial)
Annihilation #6('herald my rage' blast which wiped out 9 solar systems, also Annihilus said that he had the power to destroy two universes)
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine 11(Doom with Galactus's power one-shotted a sky-father(some say that Doom also held the Cosmic Cube, but he didn't)
Last Planet Standing(non-canon to Galactus, but canon to the Living Tribunal)(most powerful Galactus seen so far, the LT couldn't stop him) 
Infinity War(Resisted the power of FIVE UNRESTRICTED COSMIC CUBES! A single CC can create entire universes) 
Infinity War(resurrected himself and his companions even though Death itself didn't want him to)

And on this site, he is definitely underrated.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" Rom 107Fantastic Four v3 48-49  Cosmic Powers UnlimitedFantastic Four 339-341 Annihilation #6 Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine 11 Last Planet Standing(non-canon to Galactus, but canon to the Living Tribunal)  And on this site, he is definitely underrated. "
hmmm... Rom the Spaceknight... now thats a comic I havent read in ages
#5 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" Rom 27(casually transported an entire galaxy through time and space, with a mere thought)Fantastic Four v3 48-49(Ultimate Nullifier)Cosmic Powers Unlimited(Tyrant fight, casual galaxy busting once again)Fantastic Four 339-341(Black Celestial Arc, he was eating entire universes, he ate a celestial)Annihilation #6('herald my rage' blast which wiped out 9 solar systems, also Annihilus said that he had the power to destroy two universes)Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine 11(Doom with Galactus's power one-shotted a sky-father(some say that Doom also held the Cosmic Cube, but he didn't)Last Planet Standing(non-canon to Galactus, but canon to the Living Tribunal)(most powerful Galactus seen so far, the LT couldn't stop him) Infinity War(Resisted the power of FIVE UNRESTRICTED COSMIC CUBES! A single CC can create entire universes) Infinity War(resurrected himself and his companions even though Death itself didn't want him to)And on this site, he is definitely underrated. "
Ahh a voice of reason!!! Sooo many people here underestimate Galactus! I think some Marvel writers have underestimated him and used him almost as a benchmark instead of the almost omnipotent being he is.  
Two of my favorites: 
When he stagnated a Black hole and absorbed all the elders of the universe (don't know the silver surfer issue #) 
When he assumed his "star" form and talked one on one with eternity as brothers. 
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
"Annihilation #6('herald my rage' blast which wiped out 9 solar systems, also Annihilus said that he had the power to destroy two universes)"
9? Wasn't it only three?
#7 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @RiseofApocalypse said:
"Annihilation #6('herald my rage' blast which wiped out 9 solar systems, also Annihilus said that he had the power to destroy two universes)"
9? Wasn't it only three? "
i thought it was 2...
but still,it was impressive,considering he was extremely weakned when he did that
#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @AtPhantom said:
i thought it was 2... but still,it was impressive,considering he was extremely weakned when he did that "
I always argue that since we see him reabsorbing all the power cosmic Annihilus took from him right before he lets out the blast. Nevertheless, it was just badass.
#9 Posted by lagoon_boy (10955 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valkaad: Don't trust him that Much...RiseofApocalypse is Pretty Knowledgeable on most Characters but he Mostly Trolls :D.
#10 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

the end of annihilation  

#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

He eats planets when he is hungry. What is to underestimate?
#12 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
Why is Galactus one of the most powerful forces in the entire Marvel Universe?

well there are many factors to consider.. first of which is his importance in the fabric of reality.. Galactus represents equity according to the Living Tribunal.. his existence balances the concept of Eternity and Death and keeps Abraxas from causing destruction to the Universe.. Eternity and Death refers to him as their brother for the came to be at the same moment.. he has been referred to as "The Most Powerful Living Entity in the Universe" whose merest whisper can cause the cosmos to tremble.. he possesses the power cosmic beyond any form of measurement.. and when recently sated from his cosmic hunger, he is a being of nigh-omnipotence.. Galactus is described as "The Metamorphosed Embodiment of the Universe".. which is true because he is the only living survivor of the previous Universe.. saved by the Phoenix Force and merged with the incarnation of Eternity of the previous Universe so that he can come to be what he is now.. Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds.. he is either Good nor Evil for he only does what he needs to survive. that though he ravages worlds and destroys civilizations, he hold no malice towards any living thing.. in the vastness of the universe, there is none like him.. for no matter how many worlds and life he destroys, it is his destiny to one give back to the Universe infinitely more than what he took from it..

Galactus is certainly one of the most powerful beings in the Universe.. probably below a few other beings..  ^__^
#13 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking:

LET IT GO MAN. YOU SEEM TO HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH GALACTUS BECAUSE EVERYONE THINKS (EXCEPT YOU) THAT HE CAN BEAT PRIMUS.  

THE SILVER SURFER IS CAPABLE OF SOLOING THE ENTIRE TRANSFORMER LINEUP & HE HAS ONLY A FRACTION OF THE POWER GALACTUS HAS.
#14 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @AtPhantom said:
i thought it was 2... but still,it was impressive,considering he was extremely weakned when he did that "
I always argue that since we see him reabsorbing all the power cosmic Annihilus took from him right before he lets out the blast. Nevertheless, it was just badass. "
hum...i wasnt aware he absorded power (didnt read the book)
but yeah,it was badass
#15 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
@lagoon_boy said:
" @Valkaad: Don't trust him that Much...RiseofApocalypse is Pretty Knowledgeable on most Characters but he Mostly Trolls :D. "
You guys need to read more carefully. It was 3 STAR systems not 3 solar systems. A star system contains 3 solar systems. 3 x 3 = 9.
#16 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

LET IT GO MAN. YOU SEEM TO HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH GALACTUS BECAUSE EVERYONE THINKS (EXCEPT YOU) THAT HE CAN BEAT PRIMUS.   THE SILVER SURFER IS CAPABLE OF SOLOING THE ENTIRE TRANSFORMER LINEUP & HE HAS ONLY A FRACTION OF THE POWER GALACTUS HAS. "
No, the Surfer can't solo every Transformer. Unicron or Primus would smack him.
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why anyone would think otherwise.... O_o

#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" I don't see why anyone would think otherwise.... O_o "
LOL. It's one of the instances where the obvious answer is the correct one.
#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @AtPhantom said:
@lagoon_boy said:
" @Valkaad: Don't trust him that Much...RiseofApocalypse is Pretty Knowledgeable on most Characters but he Mostly Trolls :D. "
You guys need to read more carefully. It was 3 STAR systems not 3 solar systems. A star system contains 3 solar systems. 3 x 3 = 9. "
Huh? One, that probably has nothing to do with what the writer was talking about. Two, A Star system is not 3 or more star systems. It's a solar system with more stars in it, all of which together are the gravitational center of the system.
#20 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

LET IT GO MAN. YOU SEEM TO HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH GALACTUS BECAUSE EVERYONE THINKS (EXCEPT YOU) THAT HE CAN BEAT PRIMUS.   THE SILVER SURFER IS CAPABLE OF SOLOING THE ENTIRE TRANSFORMER LINEUP & HE HAS ONLY A FRACTION OF THE POWER GALACTUS HAS. "
No, the Surfer can't solo every Transformer. Unicron or Primus would smack him. "
you are wrong good sir. No transformer would defeat the Silver Surfer. Molecular Maniplation would easily defeat any of them. "
Unicron in his real form nearly destroyed the entire multiverse. Primus is his equal. They would both easily murder the Surfer.
#21 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

No, the Surfer can't solo every Transformer. Unicron or Primus would smack him. "
you are wrong good sir. No transformer would defeat the Silver Surfer. Molecular Maniplation would easily defeat any of them. "
Unicron in his real form nearly destroyed the entire multiverse. Primus is his equal. They would both easily murder the Surfer. "

how so? and you I think you exaggerate GREATLY by say "easily" defeating the Surfer. No PIS involved, Surfer is a formidable foe both in the real world & the astral world. He can also control/manipulate matter & energy.
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" LOL. It's one of the instances where the obvious answer is the correct one. "
I agree. LOL.
#23 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
"why do you think he's powerful. What feats of his impress you. "
The fact that he decimated the entire Annihilation Wave by using spare energy and while severely weakened.
#24 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" why do you think he's powerful. What feats of his impress you. "
why wouldnt you think hes powerful?
#25 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" @stafikking said:
why wouldnt you think hes powerful? "

because most people thinks that Galactus beats Primus. He's a primus fan. That's why.
#26 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically, Average hungry galactus=galaxy level, and fully fed galactus=universe level?
#27 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

Unicron in his real form nearly destroyed the entire multiverse. Primus is his equal. They would both easily murder the Surfer. "
how so? and you I think you exaggerate GREATLY by say "easily" defeating the Surfer. No PIS involved, Surfer is a formidable foe both in the real world & the astral world. He can also control/manipulate matter & energy. "
In his real form, he's not a giant robot. Primus trapped both Unicron and himself into physical bodies in order to end their battle because he realized that they were too equal and neither of them would have ended up winning. But eventually, Unicron learned to take control of the planet his astral form was trapped in and turned it into a giant robot. Primus turned his into the planet Cybertron.l
#28 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

how so? and you I think you exaggerate GREATLY by say "easily" defeating the Surfer. No PIS involved, Surfer is a formidable foe both in the real world & the astral world. He can also control/manipulate matter & energy. "
In his real form, he's not a giant robot. Primus trapped both Unicron and himself into physical bodies in order to end their battle because he realized that they were too equal and neither of them would have ended up winning. But eventually, Unicron learned to take control of the planet his astral form was trapped in and turned it into a giant robot. Primus turned his into the planet Cybertron.l "

But how does that mean he will murder the Surfer? Is primus made of an alloy that unable to be destroyed or mapipulated on the molecular level?
#29 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

In his real form, he's not a giant robot. Primus trapped both Unicron and himself into physical bodies in order to end their battle because he realized that they were too equal and neither of them would have ended up winning. But eventually, Unicron learned to take control of the planet his astral form was trapped in and turned it into a giant robot. Primus turned his into the planet Cybertron.l "
But how does that mean he will murder the Surfer? Is primus made of an alloy that unable to be destroyed or mapipulated on the molecular level? "
They both had astral bodies from what I know before they were trapped in their physical bodies. I was saying that in his real form, Unicron nearly destroyed the multiverse. Surfer I don't think is even a universal level. And lots of people can easily beat the Surfer such as Darkseid, Superman Prime, Monarch, Mxyzptlk and many more. Also, what I'm talking about takes place in the Transformers comic series. So if you haven't read it, I can understand kind of why you're saying some of what you say. And some of it I can understand is because Sifiking is overestimating Primus. Primus in the Transformers: Cybertron series created the universe with his power, but Sifiking says he made all of time and space with only a portion.
#30 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes Primus can create all of time and space with a portion of his power. If you didn't pick it up in the show it basically went like this. 

The Omega lock with the cyber keyes can create a new universe, time etc. (it was said in the show toward the last 4 episodes), and the lock and keyes combined only contain a portion of Primus's power.
#31 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477 said:
"@"Colossus" said:
" @stafikking said:
because most people thinks that Galactus beats Primus. He's a primus fan. That's why. "

I just don't think he's as strong as everyone thinks, and yes, that's because i'm a Primus fan. XD
#32 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is this. The black hole was a growing threat, which began as a universal threat and it was stated that if it's not stopped, it would eventually become a multiverse threat and was stated by Vector Prime to be the cause of the End of Time itself. Primus without the omega lock was not even powerful enough to stop the black hole when it was universal threat. He needed the omega lock to competely destroy it. So I don't think that a portion of his power alone is enough to create/destroy all of time and space.

#33 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"Thing is this. The black hole was a growing threat, which began as a universal threat and it was stated that if it's not stopped, it would eventually become a multiverse threat and was stated by Vector Prime to be the cause of the End of Time itself. Primus without the omega lock was not even powerful enough to stop the black hole when it was universal threat. He needed the omega lock to competely destroy it. So I don't think that a portion of his power alone is enough to create/destroy all of time and space. "

Here, lemme explain it furthur. 

When the black hole arrived Primus was in a weak state of hibernation. He needed the omega lock with the keyes to (in a way) jumpstart him. But when Optimus awoke Primus, Primus started emitting a beam of energy into the black hole to close it. It probably would have worked had it not been for starscream jumping into the energy stream. The energy stream's power was seen when starscream grew to the size of Primus even though he was only in the stream for a few seconds. So that would have been a way for Primus to close the black hole without the lock and keyes had it not been for starscream.  

Also, vector prime said that the black hole was (literally) the end of time. That being, time didn't exist and was dead in the super black hole.
#34 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
"Thing is this. The black hole was a growing threat, which began as a universal threat and it was stated that if it's not stopped, it would eventually become a multiverse threat and was stated by Vector Prime to be the cause of the End of Time itself. Primus without the omega lock was not even powerful enough to stop the black hole when it was universal threat. He needed the omega lock to competely destroy it. So I don't think that a portion of his power alone is enough to create/destroy all of time and space. "
Here, lemme explain it furthur.  When the black hole arrived Primus was in a weak state of hibernation. He needed the omega lock with the keyes to (in a way) jumpstart him. But when Optimus awoke Primus, Primus started emitting a beam of energy into the black hole to close it. It probably would have worked had it not been for starscream jumping into the energy stream. The energy stream's power was seen when starscream grew to the size of Primus even though he was only in the stream for a few seconds. So that would have been a way for Primus to close the black hole without the lock and keyes had it not been for starscream.   Also, vector prime said that the black hole was (literally) the end of time. That being, time didn't exist and was dead in the super black hole. "
Still, even after he defeated Starscream and got back the power Starscream took from the stream, he still wasn't able to stop the black hole until they retrieved the lock and fully charged him.
#35 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @stafikking said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
Here, lemme explain it furthur.  When the black hole arrived Primus was in a weak state of hibernation. He needed the omega lock with the keyes to (in a way) jumpstart him. But when Optimus awoke Primus, Primus started emitting a beam of energy into the black hole to close it. It probably would have worked had it not been for starscream jumping into the energy stream. The energy stream's power was seen when starscream grew to the size of Primus even though he was only in the stream for a few seconds. So that would have been a way for Primus to close the black hole without the lock and keyes had it not been for starscream.   Also, vector prime said that the black hole was (literally) the end of time. That being, time didn't exist and was dead in the super black hole. "
Still, even after he defeated Starscream and got back the power Starscream took from the stream, he still wasn't able to stop the black hole until they retrieved the lock and fully charged him. "

No, he never got back the power. He just beat it out of Starscream (he returned to his normal size). he wasn't able to try it again, since he used up quite a bit of his little power he had after he woke up trying it the first time. After he failed the first time, all the power he had left was only strong enough to hold off the black hole.
#36 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Once he got jumpstarted by the lock and keyes, he was able to close the super multiverse level destroying black hole with minimal effort.
#37 Posted by supermandefender (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Power wise Galactus really cant be matched. But they are ways to defeat him without fighting him. Which is why sometimes we see Galactus lose in situtation where this close to omnipotent being should and can win lose. Or just eating a certain planet wasnt worth it. Also there have been ways to attack Galactus on a emotional level. Which seems to be a major weakness. Ghost rider was able to defeat Galactus by making him feel the pain of all the ones he has hurt. So some areas of divine powers can work on him. Right now in comics Galactus is kind of screwed because of the Old power.  
 Seen this is where Marvel confuses me alot. Galactus can be respected with beings that are possiblly omnipotent beings but yet non- omnipotent beings can defeat Galactus. So it almost seems like well why cant those supposely omnipotent beings do the samething to Galactus. And I only see 2 reasons for that. One they arent omnipotent or Galactus is a very powerful but also very important being to the universe a balance in it. But not the top dog. But he is extremely powerful no question there.
#38 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he is extremely powerful. I know that. Power wise, he could be beat by LT or TOAA etc.
#39 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @Surge2477 said:
" @stafikking:

But how does that mean he will murder the Surfer? Is primus made of an alloy that unable to be destroyed or mapipulated on the molecular level? "
They both had astral bodies from what I know before they were trapped in their physical bodies. I was saying that in his real form, Unicron nearly destroyed the multiverse. Surfer I don't think is even a universal level. And lots of people can easily beat the Surfer such as Darkseid, Superman Prime, Monarch, Mxyzptlk and many more. Also, what I'm talking about takes place in the Transformers comic series. So if you haven't read it, I can understand kind of why you're saying some of what you say. And some of it I can understand is because Sifiking is overestimating Primus. Primus in the Transformers: Cybertron series created the universe with his power, but Sifiking says he made all of time and space with only a portion. "

saying that superman-prime & monarch can beat surfer isn't surprising. i hope that you didn't think that would be an argument for primus
#40 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio
@stafikking said:
"@Surge2477 said:
"@"Colossus" said:
" @stafikking said:
because most people thinks that Galactus beats Primus. He's a primus fan. That's why. "
I just don't think he's as strong as everyone thinks, and yes, that's because i'm a Primus fan. XD "

Galactus is that strong & he defeats Primus.
#41 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @AtPhantom said:
@lagoon_boy said:
You guys need to read more carefully. It was 3 STAR systems not 3 solar systems. A star system contains 3 solar systems. 3 x 3 = 9. "
Huh? One, that probably has nothing to do with what the writer was talking about. Two, A Star system is not 3 or more star systems. It's a solar system with more stars in it, all of which together are the gravitational center of the system. "

A Star System is pretty much the same thing as a Solar System. The only difference is that instead of planets orbitting a star, it is stars orbiting other stars, like binary systems and the like. 

But since when does real life crap come into comics? I've heard someone say that a star system = 3 sols in marvel. I wouldn't say that the guy is the most reliable source, but he is usually fairly accurate. Let me see if I can dig up the scans.
#42 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" A Star System is pretty much the same thing as a Solar System. The only difference is that instead of planets orbitting a star, it is stars orbiting other stars, like binary systems and the like.    But since when does real life crap come into comics? I've heard someone say that a star system = 3 sols in marvel. I wouldn't say that the guy is the most reliable source, but he is usually fairly accurate. Let me see if I can dig up the scans. "
Oh LOL, that clears it up. Yeah, I think Giffen was basically using the terms Solar and Star interchangeably, but take it as you will.
#43 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!

#44 Posted by Hyperlight (5945 posts) - - Show Bio
@lord_oraculous016 said:
" Why is Galactus one of the most powerful forces in the entire Marvel Universe?

well there are many factors to consider.. first of which is his importance in the fabric of reality.. Galactus represents equity according to the Living Tribunal.. his existence balances the concept of Eternity and Death and keeps Abraxas from causing destruction to the Universe.. Eternity and Death refers to him as their brother for the came to be at the same moment.. he has been referred to as "The Most Powerful Living Entity in the Universe" whose merest whisper can cause the cosmos to tremble.. he possesses the power cosmic beyond any form of measurement.. and when recently sated from his cosmic hunger, he is a being of nigh-omnipotence.. Galactus is described as "The Metamorphosed Embodiment of the Universe".. which is true because he is the only living survivor of the previous Universe.. saved by the Phoenix Force and merged with the incarnation of Eternity of the previous Universe so that he can come to be what he is now.. Galactus, the Devourer of Worlds.. he is either Good nor Evil for he only does what he needs to survive. that though he ravages worlds and destroys civilizations, he hold no malice towards any living thing.. in the vastness of the universe, there is none like him.. for no matter how many worlds and life he destroys, it is his destiny to one give back to the Universe infinitely more than what he took from it..

Galactus is certainly one of the most powerful beings in the Universe.. probably below a few other beings..  ^__^ "
couldn't have said it better myself
#45 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" Rom 27(casually transported an entire galaxy through time and space, with a mere thought)Fantastic Four v3 48-49(Ultimate Nullifier)Cosmic Powers Unlimited(Tyrant fight, casual galaxy busting once again)Fantastic Four 339-341(Black Celestial Arc, he was eating entire universes, he ate a celestial)Annihilation #6('herald my rage' blast which wiped out 9 solar systems, also Annihilus said that he had the power to destroy two universes)Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Book Magazine 11(Doom with Galactus's power one-shotted a sky-father(some say that Doom also held the Cosmic Cube, but he didn't)Last Planet Standing(non-canon to Galactus, but canon to the Living Tribunal)(most powerful Galactus seen so far, the LT couldn't stop him) Infinity War(Resisted the power of FIVE UNRESTRICTED COSMIC CUBES! A single CC can create entire universes) Infinity War(resurrected himself and his companions even though Death itself didn't want him to)And on this site, he is definitely underrated. "
this
#46 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29505 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" He eats planets when he is hungry. What is to underestimate? "
#47 Posted by Mr Golden Rod (141 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse:  But, he got beat by Rachel Summers using the Phoenix Force.
#48 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Surge2477:
Aegis nearly killed surfer who is as powerful as a full powerd galactus who is arguably on par with Unicron nad primus in their tru forms 
Unicron or primus no matter if its their robot bodys or not would would kill surfer with very little effort.
#49 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr Golden Rod:
Yeah but that was a HUNGRY galactus and from the way i saw it phoenix strugled a bit in that battle...
#50 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is a force of Nature:

Galactus has no boundaries:

Now the truth of the matter is that Galactus has destroyed Galaxies as a side effect:

Galactus can devour Galaxies:

Like Phoenix Galactus can get to a stage where his hunger threatens all existence:

Heck even the Universe would not be enough:

Galactus has the power to destroy the OMNIVERSE 

By the way Galactus can also warp reality with his mind, and his thoughts become a reality:

Issue #3 portrays where the heroes assault Galactus and it starts off by showing that Galactus' "sheer presence can alter reality [and] nothing is going to be quite as it seems." Apparently, when you fight him, "Galactus hits you on hundreds of different levels. Even separate planes of reality." The entire comic proceeds on how Spiderman deals with it, who at one point is literally being unmade by Galactus' warping powers:

Galactus can feel everything, every cell, every atom, Galactus' least whim alters reality, as doom found out when he stole his powers:

Doom with Galactus' power is a threat to all creation:

Galactus being described as omnipotent (well I know that he is nigh-omnipotent, but it stresses his power).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.