The Mandalorians Return In Star Wars: The Old Republic

Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you into PC games at all?  There's a new Star Wars: The Old Republic game coming out.  According to Giant Bomb, it looks like it has a second quarter, 2010 release date.  Yikes.  Looking at the trailer, it seems we'll get some Mandalorian action as well.  Throw in the voice of Lance Henricksen and you have an interesting game.

Do you like the MMO games?  Have you played any of the Knights Of The Old Republic games?
Staff
#1 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll most likely check this out, not big on SW but I do like both the KOTOR games.

#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

i didn't like the Mandalorians, they complain to much, and brag way too much....

#3 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

I use to read the KOTOR comics. I may be interested in this game. I haven't played a video game for a long time now =(

#4 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is in this game the Exile or Revan

#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither i think.... Which sucks, because i wanted mission to be in it...

#6 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

I might get this game.

#7 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
No Revan, but that suit is freakin' awesome-->

#8 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

I know right ^_^

#9 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: mission is in KOTOR this game is in a different time line

mandalorians are so awesome
#10 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely being giving this a try when it comes out. I've done my fair share of MMO's over the years and the best time I've had in them was in Star Wars Galaxies. But that game has changed so much over the years it is no longer the same game I love, or the second version I enjoyed. It's had so many revamps that it makes you sick to have to keep relearning a game you have played for years.

Best thing about MMO's is the community, SWG is where I met a lot of people I still keep in contact with and call friends. We're all hoping to be reunited with this game because we all shared a love for Star Wars. None of the other MMO's could offer us this, and so we all did not get into the same games after we split.

I have high hopes for this game. Jedi FTW!

#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio

But she was one of my faves... could the robots still be alive...

#12 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people are watching this game.

#13 Posted by Grey-Boss (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this game going to be like World of Warcraft where you have to pay monthly?

#14 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool art.

If you love Mandalorians, check out the KOTOR comics.

#15 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Getting this for sure.

#16 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Mandalorians are top notch.

#17 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm mite buy this game for my computer, looks really good and I haven't played a good Star Wars game in while

#18 Posted by sonofzeus (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible, Love the mandalorians

#19 Posted by The Messanger (53 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty BA! The Mandalorians are like the Spartans for the Star Wars universe!!! I defenitley want to get this!

#20 Posted by edgar (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Sick Fcking gaaaaameeeeeee!

#21 Posted by DorianOtten (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it definately a MMO. I really liked the previous two games but an MMO just won't be the same 

#22 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@DorianOtten said:
" Is it definately a MMO. I really liked the previous two games but an MMO just won't be the same  "
Yes the game is an MMO and thankfully is said not to be released for consoles.

@Grey-Boss said:
" Is this game going to be like World of Warcraft where you have to pay monthly? "
Yes there will be a monthly fee. Most likely the same price which will be around 15 bucks a month. Give or take.

@reaper2923 said:
" Who is in this game the Exile or Revan "
None of them are reported to be in the game. The game takes place 30 years after the events of KoTor 2.
#23 Posted by Tank. (2063 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"None of them are reported to be in the game. The game takes place 30 years after the events of KoTor 2. "
300 years after, not 30. Forgot a 0 and just noticed this now. xD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.