Follow

Galacta

Character » Galacta appears in 8 issues.

Galacta is the estranged daughter of Galactus and has been living on Earth for an undetermined amount of time in the guise of a Human Woman named Gali. Galacta recently learned that she is pregnant and will become the mother of the next cosmic entity linked to Galactus' bloodline.

What is Galacta's Role?

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Is it just me, or does Galacta sound more like a MC2 character instead? I admit that she appears cute and attractive, not to mention the daughter of the universe's greatest threat (Galactus), but should Marvel bring her into the mainstream? She does the opposite of what her father does to survive and she tries to do good by eating any alien life-forms on Earth (perfect exterminator), and has a cosmic tapeworm problem. Sometimes I wonder how Jack Kirby would react that his most powerful creation now is a daddy to someone who does not follow the heritage? So far this is just a one shot issue....what do you think people: Will Galacta play a much bigger role in the Marvel Universe?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It hasn't been stated if she is regular continuity. 

She was popular enough to be brought back for that one shot (which was based on the digital comic series), and won some sort of fan voting to get it. I know I wrote an email saying I'd like to see her more. 

jrocco07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jrocco07

I think she would make for an interesting character, and I think it would be a cool concept to show how even the greatest threat in the universe has emotion. I would love to see some more solid character development and see her play a much bigger role in the MU.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I read the first issue with her in it, I can't remember what the issue was called but it had like three stories in it and I thought it was funny she had to ask daddy for help with her tapeworm. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of her, although I wonder if she is as powerful as her father. Can she create heralds? She can eat an entire planet if she wanted too. This also makes me wonder does Galactus have any of these cosmic parasites floating around inside him, or does he obliterate the molecules so completely that its not a problem for him. A cosmic tapeworm would explain his incredible hunger :)

mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mira

She is protector of Earth...probably. At least she said it in  Galacta: Daughter of Galactus. 

I have a question for you. Will there be a new comic with Galacta and when? Cause I wanna more. If you know something...please send me pm. 

Thanks a lot.

WoundingFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WoundingFactor

I sorta thought her role was to sell more comics. That's pretty much the only use I can see for her. Maybe she'll also be a part of Marvel's recent drive to make more female character-oriented comics.

The Gray Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By The Gray Fox

Well, currently her role in life is "Mother-to-be", see...she's actually pregnant. At the end of the series Galactus stopped Galacta from cutting the baby out of her using The Ultimate Nullifier and revealed that Galacta's fetal form was nearly identical to that of the so-called parasite within her when he "gave birth" to her.  

This was Galacta's reaction after she put two and two together: 

Guess who's having a baby!!
    Guess who's having a baby!!

I wonder how long it will be until she gives birth. I really want to see her in action again; I also want to see what her child is capable of.
    mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mira

I'm searching and searching, but I can't find any news about Galacta. Please tell me that you know something. Cause she's really cool and I wanna see her in action.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Eyz
    @AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge said:
    "  Is it just me, or does Galacta sound more like a MC2 character instead? I admit that she appears cute and attractive, not to mention the daughter of the universe's greatest threat (Galactus), but should Marvel bring her into the mainstream? She does the opposite of what her father does to survive and she tries to do good by eating any alien life-forms on Earth (perfect exterminator), and has a cosmic tapeworm problem. Sometimes I wonder how Jack Kirby would react that his most powerful creation now is a daddy to someone who does not follow the heritage? So far this is just a one shot issue....what do you think people: Will Galacta play a much bigger role in the Marvel Universe? "
    Kirby?
    He would probably loved the idea. He was a great funny man, and from what you can get of the man he was from old interviews and such, I'm sure he would have been ok with it.

Note: people tend to take things to seriously, specially the ones who love their "continuity" and serious/gritty Marvel universe. Come on! It's meant to be "entertainment", fun!
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

Galacta's Role is to be the MCE of Awesome. 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @The Gray Fox said:
    " Well, currently her role in life is "Mother-to-be", see...she's actually pregnant. At the end of the series Galactus stopped Galacta from cutting the baby out of her using The Ultimate Nullifier and revealed that Galacta's fetal form was nearly identical to that of the so-called parasite within her when he "gave birth" to her.  

I wonder how long it will be until she gives birth. I really want to see her in action again; I also want to see what her child is capable of. "
    That's hilarious.
    mira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mira

I found mention of her here: 
    http://wap.ifanboy.com/comics/marvel_comics/mighty_marvel_women_of_marvel_tp

It's not much, but maybe you have something better about her. If so...please let us know. Thanks a lot.

Beta_Ray_Fred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Beta_Ray_Fred

One of my concerns is... that I'm assuming Galactus, as the oldest living entity in the MU, has existed for eons before becoming "pregnant" with and subsequently giving birth to Galacta. Now this is all just speculation but Galacta still seems fairly young by cosmic entity standards and she is already pregnant. So first I'm wondering if the spawn of Galactus reproduce earlier and more often than he does, in which case it seems to me that relatively quickly there could be a whole host of Galactus-like entities galavanting about the cosmos devouring it. Second, if Galacta is not the first being spawned by Galactus, what of them? I do know that Tyrant was one of, if not his earliest spawn, it would be interesting to bring his character back since he is so rarely featured in comics. Maybe have some sibling conflict between Tyrant and Galacta? That'd be interesting!

tenebyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By tenebyss

I find Galacta to be one of the strangest characters in the Marvel universe. I do not even want to know what was going through their heads when her creators came up with this idea.

"Hulk and Wolverine already have children. Who else should become a parent?"

"How about Galactus?"

"It makes no sense, but let's do it!"

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By CATPANEXE

Her role? To chat on Twitter I think ?(seriously, I only even joined that network to talk to Galacta. (:)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.