WonderCon 2010: Gail Simone

#1 Posted by dbluejays1990 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail Simone my favorite,looking forward for Birds of Prry.
#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84477 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious about the "New Villain" she's created for BoP. Was hoping she'd mention you know who, but no such luck.

#3 Edited by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail Simone is a great writer and a very underrated one.

She is the reason I picked up my first Wonder Woman. 
I'm looking foward to Birds of Prey.

#4 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8865 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't wait for birds of prey. 

#5 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Whaaat? Nothing about Secret Six?? One of my fav books... :(
#6 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

she is awesome! i really love her Wonder Woman and i think im going to pick up Birds of Prey :) when it comes out
#7 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3545 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the animated short she wrote for the Tomb Raider RE/visioned project. She did the preteen Lara Croft. It was quite funny. I also really enjoyed the Wonder Woman animates movie.

Listening to the part about how difficult it is for artist to get health care. Here's hoping everything goes well with the new health care legislation that passed. Some of the lies created about that law are just astounding. Let alone that anyone would believe them. One of the more laughable are those who scream about not wanting "socialized medicine" and then scream right afterward, "Don't touch my Medicare!". Medicare is government run. It is socialized. Point in fact, Ronald Reagan even did radio ads back when he was just an actor trying to get people to write their representatives to stop Medicare from passing. He even called it "Socialized Medicine" in the ads.

The return of the Birds of Prey should be interesting. I find it notable that Oracle, Barbra, is involved in this team. She's also the one looking after Stephanie as Batgirl. Why is it that Batgirl doesn't seem involved in this team? The image we have seen didn't show her.

#8 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27083 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow for a writer she does not give a good interview. 

I look forward to BOP as well

#9 Edited by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio

When Babs asked a men writers "How are you?" they always replied " blahblahblahblah... And how are you?". Gail Simone didn't. Women are evil

#10 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio
@timrothsays: you should read her twitter posts some time. she might just be positively evil.
#11 Edited by timrothsays (653 posts) - - Show Bio
@damswedon: she's on my follow-list :)
#12 Posted by SneakyPenguins (55 posts) - - Show Bio

<3 Gail Simone is my favorite writer right now Secrete Six is the best!

#13 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

oh Gail

#14 Posted by ElJuano (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Very awesome and very down to earth lady. She's the greatest reason why i learned to love WW. She brought a lot of depth and dimension to the character.

#15 Edited by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG, I love her :D. Her Wonder Woman kicks the ass of all other Wonder Women. Gail's run showed much gratuitous axe. But I have a hard time believing she made a character scarier then Genocide to go up against the birds of prey. Lol, Black Canary was completly ineffective against her.
#16 Posted by Top Flight Security (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Gail Simone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.