San Diego Comic-Con 2009: Gail Simone

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail loves Black Canary, Pix loves Gail. 

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

She seems to be taking it all in her stride.  I guess she's a seasoned SDCC pro.  Nice interview, Babs!  You were professional & didn't geek out at all :)

#3 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice to see a female writer like Gail Simone to be up there with the big boys.

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree with Bruce Vain.  Gail Simone has done some great work and her job on Secret Six is just one of many books I loved from her.  I like how she says Black Canary "kicks some aasss"!    Again, Babs what a treat for you to interview the writer for a favorite character.  She was very affable and pleasant in the interview.  Kicking butt, Babs!

#5 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Lovely interview.

#6 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs seems star struck, but still very professional.

#7 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

That was class!

#8 Posted by TheBat (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail Simone is one of my favorite writers - period. Her work on the Secret Six blows me away. I would love to see her write a Deadshot mini series. He's one of the most underrated characters DC has. Good work Babs!

#9 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Gail rocks on so many levels. Thanks for the interview Babs.

#10 Edited by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Gails work, and I would definitely love to see her take on Black Canary and Green Arrow!!!!!!!! That's a seller right there!!!!!!!! 8O

Depending on the AC at the Con, Babs dressed as Wonder Woman may be much more appropriate than we can tell from the vid!!

Awesome interview, Babs!! 8D

Of course, if they're going that way they could change GA's costume and secret identity COMPLETELY, even rename him, but we'll see how that goes.
#11 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Black Canary but would read about her in a second if Gail wrote Green Arrow, Black Canary. I really wish she would have talked about the secret six, I want to know more about where the Bane*Scandal relationship is going.

#12 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

another interview done

#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww, Bless Gail

I <3 Black Canary tooo.

#14 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

A lovely lady, Gail was great too

#15 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
Damn... Thats Awesome As Hell

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.