Follow

Gail Simone

Person » Gail Simone is credited in 747 issues.

Gail Simone is an American comics writer who is best known for her work at DC in titles such as Birds of Prey, Secret Six, Wonder Woman and The All-New Atom. She also penned Wildstorm's Gen13 reboot and Welcome To Tranquility, Dynamite's Red Sonja, Dark Horse's Tomb Raider, and Marvel's Domino.

Gail Simone to Write Dejah Thoris, Red Sonja, and Vampirella Crossover

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Press Release

No Caption Provided

Dynamite Entertainment is proud to announce an exciting new event series featuring the most iconic female characters published by Dynamite, as written by sensational comics scribe, Gail Simone. Renowned for her deft handling of DC Comics' best-known and most powerful women (Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey), Simone will unite and celebrate the strong female characters of Dynamite's publishing line, including Red Sonja, Vampirella, Dejah Thoris, and more, in a series currently under a working title of The Women of Dynamite.

The heart of The Women of Dynamite is formed by the three bestselling heroines - the female triumvirate - of Dynamite's line as the central characters: Red Sonja, Vampirella, and Dejah Thoris. The "She-Devil with a Sword" known as Red Sonja, is fantasy fiction's most prominent female character, formerly a swashbuckling ally of the Robert E. Howard character, Conan. Vampirella, originally a horror hostess in her self-titled magazine, evolved over her forty-five year history into a supernatural detective. Finally, Dejah Thoris is the eponymous heroine of Edgar Rice Burroughs' original story featuring John Carter, A Princess of Mars, and an adventurous mainstay at Dynamite with the publication of such series as Warlord of Mars and Dejah of Mars. Additional female characters from Dynamite's ten years of publishing will be included in the event.

"When I first spoke with Nick about working at Dynamite, he graciously offered my choice of a huge list of great characters, and I immediately chose a favorite, Red Sonja." Says Writer Extra-Ordinaire Gail Simone. "But that meant leaving behind amazing characters I loved! So doing this big, fun, noisy event book, full of action and fun and drama and sex and villainy, featuring some of the wildest female characters out there, that's just awesome. Getting to work with some of the most talented female writers in the industry only makes it better!"

"After working so closely with Gail on Legends of Red Sonja, I am excited to see where we'll be going next with this epic character crossover," says Molly Mahan, Associate Editor of Dynamite. "The concept of a Women of Dynamiteseries has been something we've been circling around for a while now, but had to wait for the right concept and creators to come together to make the story as worthwhile as the concept. We are lucky to have Gail as the cornerstone on this project and I know we'll craft something that the fans and comics community will enjoy across demographics."

"Gail has been an absolute pleasure to work with," says Nick Barrucci, CEO and Publisher of Dynamite Entertainment. "The thought of bringing together the strongest female characters that Dynamite publishes in to an event has been discussed for years, and we could not be happier that Gail is the creator who will tell this tale. Her work on Red Sonja has been a delight, and as fans who read her work know, she has many tricks up her sleeve. Gail is going to make this event HUGE! Just wait until you see what she has in store for the rest of Dynamite's strong female characters."

Gail Simone first debuted on a Dynamite series with the 2013 launch of Red Sonja, an ongoing series which was met with immediate critical acclaim and an impressive sell-out of its 35,000-unit first printing. She has committed to writing chores for Red Sonja through its eighteenth issue. She also assembled a team of fiction's top female writers, well-respected professionals from the prose, fantasy gaming, and comic book worlds, for a collaborative project called Legends of Red Sonja, celebrating the 40th anniversary of the titular character. She additionally will contribute a story to the upcoming Vampirella: Feary Tales miniseries.

The Women of Dynamite will be solicited in an upcoming Diamond Comic Distributors Previews catalog, the premiere source of merchandise for the comic book specialty market. Comic book fans are encouraged to reserve copies of The Women of Dynamite with their local comic book retailers. The Women of Dynamite will also be available for individual customer purchase through digital platforms courtesy of Comixology, iVerse, and Dark Horse Digital.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Dynamite is really trying to catch up with DC and Marvel in the crossover department.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This is great but where is the Conan/Red Sonja crossover they promised!!?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
    thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Boobs. That's all I hear.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sound of cleavage is deafening.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

So many boobs....Not gonna read it, but I will perv out on the pics at my LCS.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Boobs Boobs Boobs... i'm in.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am sooo going to read this, CAN'T WAIT

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NightFang3

@jonny_anonymous said:

This is great but where is the Conan/Red Sonja crossover they promised!!?

I'm guessing well get it after the Conan/Groo crossover.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Supi

Contest of boobs!!

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

I have loved Gail Simon's run on Red Sonja, it's so much fun. So I'll give anything she writes a try!

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now Gail Simone will never leave, by her own will, this book!

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brilliant, I love Red Sonja atm so hopefully Simone can get me interested in the other two.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GODDAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN!!!!!!!

SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys don't care what these books are about. They just want to see boobs.(and they won't be disappointed)

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ScarletBatman

How the hell is this going to work? This isn't like Superman and Batman teaming up, these characters are all from different worlds and different time periods.

What a weird but awesome concept.

Heh, maybe they will all get pulled into a world where they actually have to wear, you know, clothes! :P

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the hell is this going to work? This isn't like Superman and Batman teaming up, these characters are all from different worlds and different time periods.

Heh, maybe they will all get pulled into a world where they actually have to wear, you know, clothes! :P

that's what I'm thinking, these 3 have almost 0 in common with each other. it makes no sense, but of coarse there will be boobs :P

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VanderSEXXX

OH WOW!!!! This is like a dream come true. hehehehehehehehehe

No Caption Provided

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NightFang3

@young_murloc said:

@scarletbatman said:

that's what I'm thinking, these 3 have almost 0 in common with each other. it makes no sense, but of course there will be boobs :P

It wouldn't be the first time Dynamite crossed these characters together.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

majingojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Ow! My Wallet!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why wasn't this announced on The View?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Awesome

NeoAthanasius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps it really is easier to fight when your naked.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose I have to ''take a look'' into this now.... get it ?! ....yea >_>

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NightFang3
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.