Follow

Gail Simone

Person » Gail Simone is credited in 747 issues.

Gail Simone is an American comics writer who is best known for her work at DC in titles such as Birds of Prey, Secret Six, Wonder Woman and The All-New Atom. She also penned Wildstorm's Gen13 reboot and Welcome To Tranquility, Dynamite's Red Sonja, Dark Horse's Tomb Raider, and Marvel's Domino.

C2E2 2014: Gail Simone talks BATGIRL, Ragdoll, and Futures End

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

It's C2E2 this weekend. We had the chance the talk to Gail Simone about the upcoming stories in BATGIRL and this week's Annual. Unfortunately when we film the video interview, the video glitched out. Thankfully, we still had the audio! Here's what Gail had to say about the upcoming adventures of Barbara Gordon in Gotham City and beyond.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: It sounds like things are getting bad for Batgirl. Some people are looking for her...

GAIL SIMONE: Batgirl is really having some hard times right now, and I'm really looking forward to this three issue story that's coming up in #32, #33, and #34 because it gets really difficult for Batgirl and she learns she actually has some allies that she didn't know she had.

CV: Well, that's good. So it's not going to be all dreary and gloom for Batgirl.

GS: I didn't say that. [laughs]

CV: We also have Ragdoll coming up which I imagine you're excited. We're all excited.

GS: I'm so excited and Fernando's version of Ragdoll is so freakin' creepy. I can't believe it. You will... It's just outstanding.

CV: Are we going to have the same Ragdoll? Will it be slightly different?

GS: He looks the same: creepy. Fernando made him look creepier as if he didn't already. That's all I really want to same because I don't want to give away too much, but those of you who miss Ragdoll or just curious about Ragdoll... read it. Please read it,

CV: Will there be some sort of connection with Alysia, Barbara's roommate?

GS: Yeah. Alysia gets on the bad side of Ragdoll, and that is not a good place for her to be, and also, she does go on a date.

CV: Hopefully not on a date with Ragdoll.

GS: I'm not saying who it's with or how it goes, but she definitely is going on a date.

No Caption Provided

CV: We also have the BATGIRL ANNUAL coming out, with Batgirl and Poison Ivy.

GS: Oh my gosh. It's a completely different take on Poison Ivy in ways you've never see her before, and Barbara Gordon just watches her change right before her eyes. I'm so excited. It's creepy and beautiful and scary and all those things.

CV: Knightfall has played a big roll in BATGIRL lately, and they've kind of formed an alliance is she going to be a continuing character?

GS: Knightfall is Batgirl's Kingpin. It's not good news. [laughs] I'm not saying if it's not good news for Knightfall or Batgirl. We'll see.

CV: We just saw the solicits for BATGIRL: FUTURES END...

GS: Yes... Bête Noire. The Black Beast is coming to you in September.

CV: So 5 years, obviously a lot is going on. She's leading a female squad. We'll see Gotham's underground.

GS: It's very disturbing. Batgirl's kinda gone a little dark.

CV: Did anyone say "We need a FUTURES END story"? or did you wanna just take Barbara over there?

GS: We're going to do the 5 years later and me thinking about it going "Ohhh this will be amazing. Can we do this?" and they said "yes."

CV: Hopefully, you'll still be writing BATGIRL in the 5 years leading up to whenever this... is it comic book time or our time...?

GS: Who knows? Time moves a little different in the comic book world. We'll see what happens after that. I'm giving away no secrets.

CV: You know what would be great? If we could have a BATGIRL/TOMB RAIDER cross-over.

GS: [laughs] That would be awesome. A couple of kick ass women.

Make sure you pick up BATGIRL ANNUAL #2 this Wednesday, April 30, and get ready for Ragdoll in BATGIRL #31, on sale May 14.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

So Gail is writing on September, that doubles my chances of buying the issue.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Man I love Ragdoll.

Jakkoaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking forward to this particularity the annual. Also reading this made me realize the point of 5 years later its a great chance to let their creative teams do whatever they want and test out the more significant changes on their audience and what ever doesn't work can be corrected using multiverses etc im looking forward to it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I thought Batgirl started wearing white.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teerack
    @g_man said:

@teerack: That was for the Gothtopia story arc.

Ah okay. I stopped reading Batgirl right before that so I thought she was getting a costume change up. for all my non main series I tend to let them build up and then get like 15 issues at once. Kinda wish she did get a new costume to be honest.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Isn't that the dude that stole Wonder Woman's boots?

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I stopped reading Batgirl a while back but that Batgirl annual does sound interesting, may pick that up and try get back into the series. I'm reading so few DC books nowadays.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By COBRAMORPH

that Batgirl-Ivy pic offends me because of boobs & sexy, plus there are tentacle vines, I havent been as insulted as that Heros for Hire cover.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By lifeboy

@cobramorph:

I know what your angry about, look at it! Look at it dang you!

No Caption Provided

Lol!

As for gail, I'm proud to say I am a red sonja and batgirl follower!

TheUnN4med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i will pick the numbers of Batgil I missed. I loved the character, but I don't remember why I dropped the book.

@lifeboy said:

@cobramorph:

No Caption Provided

Lol!

LOL.

superman_road

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep reading the book over and over again.

Rebel Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Rebel Raven

I wish there was news concerning Scandal Savage. She's one of my favorite comic book characters.

Gail's Secret Six run is still a fav series of mine, and definitely helped me appreciate Ragdoll.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#17  Edited By iceslick

@g_man: I don't think any of 5 year stories are meant to stick. I think it's just an event that's preventing a bad future from happening. So, Batman Beyond is coming to our present to stop all the bad stuff from happening. It's pretty much like Battle of the Atom, but with a What If? kind of future that's actually delve into instead of just being on the side.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teerack

@lifeboy said:

@cobramorph:

No Caption Provided

Lol!

I just noticed that he drew the lasso like it was s string of Spider-Man's webs with the knots and twists.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@teerack: yup. Oddly enough, that brought me to noticing that the lasso is glowing hot-pink instead of gold like wonderwomans. But you have to admit, cass has one of the best costumes in comics :)

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already got Batgirl #31 pre-ordered! Love me some Ragdoll!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.