The Gabriel Jones wiki last edited by N00beditor3 on 06/15/14 06:12PM
View full history
One of the first African-American characters in mainstream comics (although initially colored as, and likely meant to be, Caucasian). Like so many other members of World War 2 heroes the Howling Commandos, Gabe Jones was to continue fighting alongside his commander, Nick Fury for most of his life.
Mayor Story Arcs
Reuniting with the rest of the military strike squad during the Korean and Vietnam Wars, Gabe became a key aide to Nick Fury when he was made director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Responsible for infiltrating and bringing down the insidious organization known as the Secret Empire, Gabe remained loyal to Nick Fury even after the android Deltities infiltrated SHIELD. He went on to play a key role when the organization was re-established as a leaner, more focused operation.
During World War Hulk, Gabriel Jones is the SHIELD agent in charge of trying to bring in renegade Hulk allies Amadeus Cho and Hercules
Marvel Zombies 3
Gabriel Jones appears as one of the A.R.M.O.R.S. agents when he is coming to take a look at the progress of the new branch.
Secret Invasion and Secret Warriors
When S.H.I.E.L.D was decommissioned and restructured into H.A.M.M.E.R, Gabe left along with Dugan to form their own private mercenary operations in memory of the Howling Commandos. He was killed in a mission in China along with most of his former comrades.
Earth-1610: Ultimate Universe
One of the most agent in S.H.I.E.L.D. (number 7).
Gabe Jones is good hand-to-hand combatant trained in Unites States Army and S.H.I.E.L.D combat techniques. He is an excellent marksmen and is particularly skilled with rifles. He has considerable knowledge and experience in guerrilla warfare and in commando tactics. He is highly skilled in infiltrating enemy strongholds and rival organizations. He is also highly skilled in all espionage techniques. Gabe Jones is an outstanding trumpeter and is said to be unequaled in his playing ability.
Weight: 225 lbs.
Hair: White (Black when younger)
- Gabe Jones appears in The Incredible Hulk as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent hunting the Hulk. He is voiced by Thom Barry.
- Gabe Jones appears in The Super Hero Squad Show episode "Wrath of the Red Skull". He was featured in a flashback where he, Dum Dum, and Izzy Cohen were shown shadowed when Nick Fury explains how he and Captain America stopped the Red Skull.
- Jones cameos in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode "Meet Captain America."
- Gabe Jones' grandson, Antoine Triplett, appears as a major character in the second half of the first season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He is shown to be respectful of his grandfather's legacy, but states that he likes to be judged and assessed on his own merits, not the reputation of his family. He is portrayed by B.J. Britt.
- Gabriel Jones appears in the Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV movie, portrayed by Ron Canada.
- Gabriel Jones appears as a supporting character in Captain America: The First Avenger. In the film, he is introduced as one of the American soldiers rescued from the Red Skull's HYDRA facility, and is stated to be a graduate of Howard University. He joins the Howling Commandos, and is shown with his comrades mourning Captain America's death in one of the final scenes of the movie. He is played by Derek Luke.
- Gabe Jones does not appear in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, as he has long since passed away. However, a memorial for Jones and the other Howling Commandos can be seen in the Smithsonian Institute.
- Gabe Jonse also appears as a non-playable hero in the video game Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Cameo role.
- Gabe Jonse was a member in operation of destroy carnage and cameo agent in Ultimate Aliance 2.