"Futurama" Cast Returns!

• 60 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

In a very wise decision, according to Variety, Fox has signed all the voice actors of Futurama back on for another season (26 episodes) of the popular television series. Billy West, Katey Sagal, Maurice LaMarche and Tress MacNeille will all make their triumphant return to voice their respective characters once again, which is fantastic news for fans of the series. Oh and the writers are pretty excited, as well!

"We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back," creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen said in a statement. "The call has already gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters."

This is possibly the best decision Fox could have made! No doubt that the success of the series re-launch was what Fox had in mind first and foremost. It is only natural that fans of the show became attached to the voices of these characters during the ten year  span that the show saw its success; and replacing the voice actors would have been detrimental to the success of the show. Feel free to write about how happy you are below. 

*Thanks to Sparda for tipping this article
#1 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Credit goes to Sparda for breaking the story over here. I just wanted everyone to know about it. I'm very excited.

#2 Posted by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else get the sense it was all just a stunt?

#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Again I say thank science! Bender ain't Bender without John Dimaggio

#4 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

They had them for the 2 or 3 movies. I can't see why how Fox couldn't get them to sign in the first place. I'm glad they finally did

#5 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
" Anyone else get the sense it was all just a stunt? "
No. Matt Groening and David X. Choen aren't the type to pull such a stunt, and neither are any of the voice actors, with the possible exception of John Di Maggio.

@Obsurity said:
" They had them for the 2 or 3 movies. I can't see why how Fox couldn't get them to sign in the first place."
They were not willing to pay what the voice actors were asking to return to the series for a whole season.
#6 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Credit goes to Sparda for breaking the story over here. I just wanted everyone to know about it. I'm very excited. "
:)

This news is so good that it's worth double the threads, though.
#7 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreams really do come true...
#8 Posted by GERALD (165 posts) - - Show Bio

oh my god thank the LORD

The show would just suck such sucky coconut balls if the original voice actors weren't in the show.

#9 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurray!!!!!! Thank goodness!

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

We're back, baby!

I know I posted this in the other thread, but I also like Doublemint.

And a picture of the Professor, since he isn't in the above shot:

#11 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

joygasm in the pants! no more angrydome for me

#12 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

This gonna be FUN ON THE BUN!!!!!

#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#15 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg:  That perfectly sums things up nicely. Without the original cast. The return would of fallen flat. I almost never got to watch this show when it was first on. In the East Coast it was always being preempted by football games.
#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt said: 
" I almost never got to watch this show when it was first on. In the East Coast it was always being preempted by football games. "
This was a pretty universal problem, and a big factor in the show getting cancelled. It was frustrating for me, because I remember reading a featured article in WIRED in 1999 about Matt Groening's new project (Futurama). I read the premise, and who was going to be involved, and I knew it would be incredible. It debuted, and as we all know, it 
was incredible. Then I had to watch it get shifted around the schedule, and get canned right when it was hitting its stride. I hope they can get that momentum back. Having actual continuity between episodes is also something I look forward to.
#17 Posted by Kilbud (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Fuck Yeah! now Ill watch it.

#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Now open your mouth and let's have a look at that brain.

#19 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!

Thank God! If the Fox Executives actually did cast new voice actors, I would've gone down there and made myself a new batch of Torgo's Executive Powder.

#20 Posted by Giuseppe Riccadonna (2071 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#21 Posted by DarkCanuck (34 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: LOL Good news everyone! Couldn't agree more dude. Best montage ever. This was some of the best news I've heard in a while.
#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
We're going to do this with class. If There's one thing Nixon's known for, it's class.

LET'S CUT THIS TURD LOOSE!

#23 Posted by ward04 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Thankkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, this and family guy is what i used to watch everynight

#24 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

hade me so happy i spilt my breakfast , lokking foward to it being back on the air again now

#25 Posted by Selty (150 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#26 Posted by ElectricHaggis (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent.  I knew they would come around.

#27 Posted by BlackHand (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God!!

#28 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats fantastic. Looks like I'll be watching Futurama again.

#29 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, mouths!

#30 Posted by Reaper 13 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god!

#31 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
"

"
HA!
#32 Posted by Terranei Parker (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Win! Onwards to victory for great justice!

#33 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether it was a stunt or real, this truly is "good news everyone!"

#34 Posted by rogue588 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
Man, even if it was, I could care less. The cast is back, there'll be another 26 eps of Futurama and that's all that matters.
#35 Posted by SwordfishII (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news everyone!

#36 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Tis great news!!  Thanks Babs! And thanks to Sparda for spreading the good word :D

#37 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so happy i think i might bread a gigantic monster with freeway on-ramps for arms and a heart as black as coal!

#38 Posted by TehLantern (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God. This is easily my favorite TV show along with The Simpsons. It would have been very weird to hear another voice actor playing Bender. 

Awsome news though.
#39 Edited by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

This news is as good as it gets. They did such a smashing bang-up job its so great they can come back to the characters they helped develop over so many years. I'm so looking forward to the new show now!! They deserve it, and so do the characters and so do we all!! 8D

#40 Posted by Blackandredflag (68 posts) - - Show Bio

HUZZAH!!!

#41 Posted by futuramagirl (1 posts) - - Show Bio

i love futurama and thank everyone who helped voice their opinons so the show could go on! futurama is the best and i'm so entirely happy.

#42 Posted by Colt (122 posts) - - Show Bio

you forgot john dimaggio!

#43 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Colt said:
" you forgot john dimaggio! "
We all forget things in our excitement sometimes. The important thing is that Di Maggio is back. Let us rejoice in that.
#44 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio

hurray

#45 Posted by Lady Pyre (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to know.
Can't wait for the new season. =]

#46 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you Jesus!!!

#47 Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

"
"Outrageous!"
Staff
#48 Posted by sifsclub (474 posts) - - Show Bio

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"

"
"Outrageous!" "

no sir, truth
#50 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
Yeah, it sounds too convenient..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.