User Reviews
2 (0)
1 (0)

5 stars 5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews

From Hell or from Alan Moore's Mind? 0

The book that loosely inspired the Johnny Depp Movie of the same name.  Don't get me wrong the movie was a nicely done Jack the Ripper movie.  The real From Hell is Historic crime detective work at its best.  Warren Ellis called this book "My favorite Graphic novel of all-time" and I can't blame him.   It has violence, sex, historical facts, occult ideas, more sex, skewed facts, more violence, Freemasons, Jack the Ripper, more sex, celebrities of the time and did I say violence?  Because I tell ...

An excellent example of Ripper fiction 0

A sprawling work, as excellently and thoroughly researched as it is marvelously inventive, From Hell is one of the best examples of historical detective fiction, or indeed of Jack the Ripper fiction, that I have ever read. The historical details of the case, far from clashing with the invented aspects, serve to encourage the dramatic plot, weaving the magical elements into a story that seems almost believable. The work’s atmosphere draws the reader into the story completely, thanks in large part...