Follow

Frenzy

Character » Frenzy appears in 923 issues.

A former freelance mercenary that worked for Apocalypse, Frenzy joined Magneto as a member of the Acolytes and served as ambassador of Genosha. She joined the X-Men after the Age of X.

The Newest X-man?? Spoiler Alert!!

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

Edited By Gold Dust Boi

So remember back in X-Factor #4 when we had bad ass strong woman Frenzy show up?  She was flat out evil and tough as hell.

Then she resurfaced in the Acolytes as a blind follower of Magneto and her evil streak seemed a bit tempered by what she perceived as piousness.

And now after all this time (she showed up in 1987 first) she joins a long line of reformed villainesses (ahem Rogue and Emma) as the newest recruit?? 

Scott's words to her were amazing in X-men Legacy #248 and I am SO looking forward to seeing her stick around for a while as some form of X-man...lets not have another Lifeguard scenario........

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By riri4life

I hope she does stick around....wasn't she an "X-man" before though?  ....and <333 Lifeguard! :)

Avatar image for the_tomorrow_men
    The_Tomorrow_Men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Tomorrow_Men

Frenzy was an X-Man against her will before back when Jean Grey put together a team. Jean telepathically made her do it, though.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By papad1992
    @The_Tomorrow_Men said:
    "Frenzy was an X-Man against her will before back when Jean Grey put together a team. Jean telepathically made her do it, though. "

That b*tch!!

But yeah... I can't get over that kiss and Emma's reaction!!!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

This is kinda old news since the solicited covers for X-Men Legacy gave a lot away...

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

I know Jean made her an X-man once before but this is her first time doing it voluntarily.  She could have easily had the psychics erase all her memories from Age of X and move on to being a quasi-evil villain shes always been...but she wanted something else...some thing new...

I think she's tired of being just a villain (even though she always believed in her causes) and saw Age of X as the easiest way to change herself.

@Xerox-Kitty And you're totally right, the promos gave away a lot as far as her joining but what I was really curious about was HOW it happened.  I mean Rogoe came begging, Sabretooth was barely given a choice, and Emma had no where else to go really, but Joanna hasn't as of yet changed anything about herself and PROBABLY won't change much right away. 

As of #248, her greatest motivation was being with Scott.  She's not repenting, shes not sorry. She just thinks that what her and Scott had in Age of X was or at least COULD be real.  Selfish maybe but in the group it SEEMS like shes being lumped in with, selfishness is hardly the most mortal of sins, wouldn't you agree?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @The_Tomorrow_Men said:
    " Frenzy was an X-Man against her will before back when Jean Grey put together a team. Jean telepathically made her do it, though. "
    Wow Jean, just wow.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By papad1992
    @Gold Dust Boi: 
    I like how u think!! And I agree with u totally!!
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    " @The_Tomorrow_Men said:
    " Frenzy was an X-Man against her will before back when Jean Grey put together a team. Jean telepathically made her do it, though. "
    Wow Jean, just wow. "
    Yep, that's why I really like her as a character. It's easy to get stuck with this idea of Jean as a goody goody, but she's always been one to use her powers though ultimately she is a good guy.
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I never knew anything about frenzy pre AoX but I thought she was awesome and liked her relationship with cyclops in that world, so its nice to see she kept the memories and was motivated to be more than a bulldozer that gets pointed at an opponent. Now just wish rogue did the same as frenzy and taken on the costume of legacy XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.