Follow

Frenzy

Character » Frenzy appears in 921 issues.

A former freelance mercenary that worked for Apocalypse, Frenzy joined Magneto as a member of the Acolytes and served as ambassador of Genosha. She joined the X-Men after the Age of X.

Losing The Dreads....

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By papad1992
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Her mini story with Gambit in the X-Men Legacy #249 was a nice touch. It redirects her from mindless brute (who just wants to hit things & people) into someone who wants the respect of her peers (by hitting things & people who deserve it). I thought it was a nice spin... but more than anything, it's a make-over that's long over-due! ;)

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Iron_Lad

Frenzy's new look is much more stylish and awesome looking now IMO! I thought AoX was so-so. The story itself is small, but the changes that have spun out of this event are big. I'm excited to see what's next for Frenzy, Chamber, Rachel, Hellion etc. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Avatar image for the_diamond_prince
    The_Diamond_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope Carey plays up the awkward Frenzy and Scott tension. The Frenzy attention has kind come out of nowhere, but I'm interested to see where she's taken. She is XML's Fantomex.

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Midnight Monk

I'd like to see XML focus more on the people who changed during AoX and shift away from Rouge, even when the book makes me think it's gonna it goes right back to Rouge. Seriously her story doesn't need to keep being told, she'd be more relevent in generation Hope then shoving her in there constantly, like to see it focus on Frenzy or Hellion. Really taken a shine to both
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By papad1992

I agree with u guys... losing the dreads was the first step in transforming Frenzy from mindless brute follower to new age hero... HOPEFULLY!! I just wish more of a spotlight will shine on the fully affected heros and characters that got so scarred from Age of X!! But only time will tell!
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979

I liked it that she decided to change the looks to resemble AoX Frenzy.

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

I much prefer her new look to her old. 

It's nice to see a focus on some other characters on Utopia for a change.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Shadowsnake89
    @papad1992: Are you implying that the dreads made her look less intelligent. Because if so I have to disagree. Looking a certain way doesn't mean your not smart. Look at Mr.Hyde and Thunderball, neither look it but their two of the smartest guys in Marvel. I personally like the dreads.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By papad1992
    @Shadowsnake89 said:
    @papad1992: Are you implying that the dreads made her look less intelligent. Because if so I have to disagree. Looking a certain way doesn't mean your not smart. Look at Mr.Hyde and Thunderball, neither look it but their two of the smartest guys in Marvel. I personally like the dreads.

Not at all what I'm implying!!!! I have dreads myself... I was just merely saying that most indivduals that go through a life changing event will certainly be willing to change the old into the new... willing to start fresh with a brand new look... which is MUCH better by the way!!! Plus, back when she was with the Acolytes, she was a "mindless brute" who only followed orders
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By GT-Man

I don't understand the digital words coming of of your keyboard!
    master_wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By master_wright

I really like this AOX thing becuase before that i really didn't know who Frenzy was, I do think it's very true to the character who felt like such an outcast to have a revelation and evolution however I loved here dreads if anything they make her far more istinct that most African American characters by being a true character instead of one whose sole dimension is "I'm black". Frenzy has lot lot of depth to her. So I think eventually she should grow new ones I mean that's how it works in real life for many people who cut there hair they just start over anew.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.