Follow

Freedom Fighters

Team » Freedom Fighters appears in 189 issues.

Upon discovering a parallel world where the Nazis were winning World War II, Uncle Sam recruited a group of golden age heroes called the Freedom Fighters to travel to that Earth and save its people. Over the years, various incarnations of the Freedom Fighters would protect American soil.

So...are there any plans for them?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cameron83

After reading The Human Bomb,reading some interviews and such.......

are there any more plans for the team?

I love what they previously did with the team,and it looks as if each series did good.So are we going to see Black Condor and Firebrand,or a new Freedom Fighter series (preferably with the same team it had previously)?

I don't really like this new incarnation as much as I do the old team because:

• While this team has A LOT of potential,they really didn't do anything with the team.Whereas the older team had a lot done with them and I liked it.However,this new incarnation of the team.....nothing was done with them.They could've had the potential to supercede the old team.
    • There are so few members.Again,we could bring in Firebrand,Black Condor,Red Bee,etc etc....but again,nothing was done with this team.There are only like 3 freaking members
    • Lastly,they kinda dulled down Uncle Sam.I liked him more when he was a costume-wearing field leader.Not a leader behind-the-scenes.However,if they made a series (With Justin and Jim creating) they could've done something with the character (and the whole team) and he could've gotten his powers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@cameron83: Well there has been a bunch of mini's with the characters the Human Bomb, The Ray, Phantom Lady and I'm pretty sure the actual team was formed at the end of The Ray so I'm sure they have plans for them at some point.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Well there has been a bunch of mini's with the characters the Human Bomb, The Ray, Phantom Lady and I'm pretty sure the actual team was formed at the end of The Ray so I'm sure they have plans for them at some point.

Well it was actually the Human Bomb where they were formed,but still....I mean,when Phantom Lady ended (or before it ended) we heard plans for The Ray. When that ended (or before) we heard plans for The Human Bomb.However,the Human Bomb ended like 4 months ago and we still hear nothing...It's like they have nothing planned for them.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buuuuuummmmp.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

Well it was actually the Human Bomb where they were formed,but still....I mean,when Phantom Lady ended (or before it ended) we heard plans for The Ray. When that ended (or before) we heard plans for The Human Bomb.However,the Human Bomb ended like 4 months ago and we still hear nothing...It's like they have nothing planned for them.

Oh well I knew it was at the end of one of the mini's just couldn't remember what one lol maybe they had plans for a team book but the mini's didn't sell enough? I don't know, it's a shame if they don't do anything with them, it would be a nice brake from the "Justice League or death" ideals DC have going on at the moment.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Oh well I knew it was at the end of one of the mini's just couldn't remember what one lol maybe they had plans for a team book but the mini's didn't sell enough? I don't know, it's a shame if they don't do anything with them, it would be a nice brake from the "Justice League or death" ideals DC have going on at the moment.

true.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I've got an answer.

Yesterday I pondered a way of how I could possibly get in contact with them...and I gound their twitter and decided to create a twitter account and ask (being that they are on Twitter often).

So....I created one.And I got this answer from Jimmy Palmiotti:

DC was suppose to work them into other books, but never followed thru. Hoping other writers pick them up.

So....f*ck DC. I guess it really IS Justice League or Death.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@cameron83: I really like the Freedom Fighters and I hope they can back soon,but in their own Universe like the JSA is placed on Earth 2,DC could bring the universe were the Nazi won World War II and the Freedom Fighters are seeking freedom for the entire planet,in the main universe they would be foreshadowed by the JLs.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I really like the Freedom Fighters and I hope they can back soon,but in their own Universe like the JSA is placed on Earth 2,DC could bring the universe were the Nazi won World War II and the Freedom Fighters are seeking freedom for the entire planet,in the main universe they would be foreshadowed by the JLs.

true... I still hate that they're basically abandoned.DC never followed through with the plan!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.