Public Service Announcement: Free Comic Book Day. May 7th, 2011

Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

So the handsome bastard is right, go to your local comic book store. spread the word to others. With the concept of free comics other people should take the time to introduce others to comics that they are not normally into. those who like reading might find that comics are fun, there are quite a few comics which are based on books or have famous authors with their names put on several comics to get those types of readers.

So do your part for not only the community but for the industry itself. i mean this is a great opportunity to get those who look down on comics into it with a free comic of their own. Most establishments will often make a party of it. and if you work in a comic store, why not make a party of it. May 7th is the day this year where we can share our world not with each other but with others who normally would not get involved.
#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost literally the first one at my particular comic store to be in line for the free comics and I've always loved that day of the year..probably almost as much as when Wednesday rolls around. Excellent video though! I try to encourage anyone and everyone around me to go.

#2 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus:  thanks redhead, I hope to see other viners do the same in their area.
#3 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
can not wait... I will check out what is up on May 7th... probably will go see Thor on the same day... 
#4 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

These really do seem to role around quickly

#5 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Thats awesome if you do both. too bad this is not like facebook cause id hit like button right now for that.
@Omega Ray Jay: its a good time to take the opportunity to enjoy the day while you can.
#6 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

Fully aware of it since late march

#7 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge:  thats great, than i hope you are able to take part in it. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.