Madame Web Watches Spidey: A Taster Of Free Comic Book Day 2011

Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's no secret that I follow humberto_ramos on Twitter.  I love him as an artist, and he's so friendly he will reply to your tweets.  And like many other comic creators on Twiiter he posts little teasers of future work to come.  This little taster is by Humberto Ramos & Edgar Delgado, but this eye candy isn't meant to separate your cash from your wallet.  This is to celebrate the one day of the year when comics are free...! 

The mysterious Madame Web is looking a lot younger these days.  Arachne is settling into her new role as she looks back over the landmark moments of Peter Parker's youth.  From his days as an infant, to the infamous spider bite and the tragic death of his Uncle Ben.

Spider-Man Free Comic Book Day 2011
Anyone else looking forward to Free Comic Book Day?  Anyone else love this two-page summary of the origins of Spider-Man?   I love this so much that I jut had to share it...!
#1 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Arachne. :(

Still, Ramos is brilliant as usual, and the way this recap is told is pure genuis. Love it.

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8911 posts) - - Show Bio

cool 

#3 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip said:
" I miss Arachne. :(  Still, Ramos is brilliant as usual, and the way this recap is told is pure genuis. Love it. "
I really miss Arachne. What does Rachel do now that her mom is essentially a watcher?
#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a perfect premise or plot point to use for a .1 issue. 
Love the art!!!

#5 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting. I know that some readers are not pleased with Julia's new role as Madame Web. She reminds me of Barbara Gordon as Oracle. It's cool that we will be enjoying this at no cost!

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: Yeah, I thought that.  Seems pretty ideal way of summing up Spider-Man's origins in a 2-page splash.   

@Illyana Rasputin: Generally speaking, we comic book fans don't like change.  I don't know the character well enough to be opposed to her new role.  Yet she looks pretty sweet all clad in red leather, stoicly observing.  
#7 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @sora_thekey: Yeah, I thought that.  Seems pretty ideal way of summing up Spider-Man's origins in a 2-page splash.   

@Illyana Rasputin: Generally speaking, we comic book fans don't like change.  I don't know the character well enough to be opposed to her new role.  Yet she looks pretty sweet all clad in red leather, stoicly observing.   "
I think she looks sweet, too. One reader felt she wasn't "sexy", anymore. I wasn't aware that was a prerequisite for her character dynamic, but okay. In my opinion, I think she's a lot more interesting than your average buxom super heroine with a Barbie doll waist.
#8 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Ramos doing Julia? Just gasmed.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12606 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew it, she has a thing for spidey.  she's a spidey stalker.  i really like it now that she's got something new to her she totally rocks the madame web lookand now she isnt just "the other spider-woman" now. 

makes you wonder if she watches him in the shower ........
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
" Ramos doing Julia? Just gasmed. "
Need a tissue?  ;)
#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12606 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
why would he need a tissue for a gasm, a cigarette might me more appropriate or maye cab fare
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt: To clean the mess.  Why else >.>
#13 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12606 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:

ohhhh!!!! double duh, i forgot certain people like to clean up the mess 
#14 Edited by pikahyper (11565 posts) - - Show Bio

Humberto is a great guy, I've talked to him a few times and like 8-9 years ago I got to help translate some of his early work that was published in Mexico for a collection here in the US, can't remember who the writer was that I was translating but I'll never forget his art :)

#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@pikahyper: Really...?  I am soooooooo jealous! :D
#16 Posted by pikahyper (11565 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  yep fun times, I miss those old days

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.