Free Comic Book Day May 7th

Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

As many avid comicbook reader knows; Mat 7th is Free Comicbook Day, and just when I think that I could more excited my local shop is hosting a gathering for cosplayers. This gives me the chance to rock my DragonCon costume ahead of time!:)

#1 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9064 posts) - - Show Bio

I amexcited for Free Comic Book say also

#2 Posted by CodeSaint (160 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are lucky that you have this on your country.

#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

no free comics in my store in UK , lame

#4 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@codesaint:  I'm sorry to hear that bro.
#5 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@haydenclaireheroes:  I know, right? Saturday feels so fa away!
#6 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty pumped. My shop has a free bar for these occasions.

#7 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@fenixREVOLUTION:  Dude, that sounds awesome.^_^
#8 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@codesaint:  Indeed. How come you guys don't have it? Where is it that you're from?
#9 Posted by CodeSaint (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@One_Eye said:
" @codesaint:  Indeed. How come you guys don't have it? Where is it that you're from? "
Brazil,If they would give comics at one day,it will probally would be only Mônica's Gang comics.
#10 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@codesaint:  Ah, I see.
#11 Posted by Midgetman346 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah im ready for it, ive been ready for about a month!  I really hope my shop opens early to day 
#12 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@Midgetman346:  I know exactly how ya feel! I alo just saw Thor last night and t was awesome! I'm pumped!
#13 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio
@One_Eye: They have a couple midnight sales throughout the year and always have a free bar for them. FCBD saw free margaritas and sales on everything in the store, was fun times. 

Hope everyone else enjoyed their FCBD.
#14 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
I didn't end up going...there was so little and my nearest comic shop was doing any other sort of deals.
#15 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz:  Ah, well there's always next year bro.
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

My local shop had Superman, Batman, a Stormtrooper, people doing sketches but the best part was the food truck with funnel cakes. I wasn't brave enough to try a deep fried mars bar.

#17 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC:  A deep fried mars bar...? I can barely handle funnel cakes myself. Sounds tight, though!
#18 Posted by JMWRainwater (34 posts) - - Show Bio

No cosplays, but Bill Maus was there signing autographs. The sales were redonk, though. Back issues under $25 where 1/2 off, graphic novels BOGO 1/2 off, collected sets were BOGO, and you could pick 10 freebies from their 25 cent bin. 

#19 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@JMWRainwater:  That's wassup. I'll try and have some pics of the cosplay up at some point next week from my local shop.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.