Free Comic Book Day

#1 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Tomorrow I know im not missing it are you guys

#2 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i heard theres suppose to be a Hell boy comic out and a pretty cool X-men. I just hit the shop today and they told me bout it.

#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the limit to the amount of free comics you can have?

#4 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm definitely going. the shop i normally go to is going to have darth vader and the 501st stormtroopers there. anyone seen a full list of all the free titles anywhere?

#5 Posted by G-Man (37782 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for putting this up. I thought about it this morning. Free is free. Maybe you'll find something new also that you don't normally pick up. Yeah the free stuff is limited but there's quite a few publishers on board and it's usually decent quality stuff.

To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook (most likely just in the U.S.). Do they have free comic book day in other countries?

Staff
#6 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"Shaper says:
"What's the limit to the amount of free comics you can have?"
well at the place im going to, New England Comics, its two, but maybe your place is diferant. talk to the guys whowork there tomorrow"

My normal comic shop isn't doing this, but the old place I went to, I believe, is.

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Do they have free comic book day in other countries?"

according to the page they do

#8 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

well at the place im going to, New England Comics, its two, but maybe your place is diferant. talk to the guys whowork there tomorrow

#9 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Boken says:
"Shaper says:
well at the place im going to, New England Comics, its two, but maybe your place is diferant. talk to the guys whowork there tomorrow"
My normal comic shop isn't doing this, but the old place I went to, I believe, is."

Well thats ashame

#10 Posted by Storm Rider (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Free Comic Book Day is awesome! Come on, what other entertainment industry and what other group of retailers sets aside a day to give their customers free stuff! Free DVD day? NO. Free CD day? NO. Free comics? Oh, yes!

This is a great promotion: it brings in new customers and it rewards the ones who've been loyal. Win-win. The shop I go to is awesome-only limit was one of any book per person. I took my 13-year old nephew, who usually doesn't see the inside of a comic shop, and he was stunned. He walked out with an armfull of free comics and a list of stuff he wanted to come back to buy. I picked up the Hellboy book, X-Men, All Star Superman, The Death-Defying Devil book (which worked; I wasn't interested in the Superpowers books before, but that little teaser story has me wanting to see more), Soliel (not really my thing, but I figured the price was right),and an Averngers sketchbook. All of that in addition to the thirty dollars worth of other stuff I picked up made for a good day.

I love free comic day!

#11 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

i got the X-men, hell boy, and marvel adventures. hbu guys

#12 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I WANT THE X-MEN ONE...why cant i find that garbage online??? the internet has failed me ]=

#13 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

that sucks you were unable to get teh x-men issue pixel. it was a good one too.

#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"that sucks you were unable to get teh x-men issue pixel. it was a good one too.
"

I know...and i'm far too lazy to drive, literally, half a mile to the little comic shop to see if they have any....i went in there once and the guy all but cussed me out.

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Slinger says:

"pixelized says:
"I WANT THE X-MEN ONE...why cant i find that garbage online??? the internet has failed me ]="
I've got it Pix. If you want I can send it to ya. I thought it was alright, I hate Greg Land though..."

Frilz? you dont have to...i'll give it another week or so to appear online before i ask of such a daunting task from you. why didnt you like it?

Lady Tlieso...i'm glad you liked it and enjoyed it [= that makes one of us. lol

#16 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"that sucks you were unable to get teh x-men issue pixel. it was a good one too.
"

I know...and i'm far too lazy to drive, literally, half a mile to the little comic shop to see if they have any....i went in there once and the guy all but cussed me out. "

that really sucks. i'm glad the shop i go to has nice people there. i did leave super early to make sure i got the x-men issue though but the owner gave a couple others to go along with it.

#17 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"I WANT THE X-MEN ONE...why cant i find that garbage online??? the internet has failed me ]="

I've got it Pix. If you want I can send it to ya. I thought it was alright, I hate Greg Land though...

#18 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:
I've got it Pix. If you want I can send it to ya. I thought it was alright, I hate Greg Land though..."

Frilz? you dont have to...i'll give it another week or so to appear online before i ask of such a daunting task from you. why didnt you like it?

Lady Tlieso...i'm glad you liked it and enjoyed it [= that makes one of us. lol"

For real, if you can't find it tell me and it's yours, I've decided that stockpiling my comics isn't the best use for them, so I'm happy to share the wealth.

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Slinger says:

"pixelized says:
"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:
Frilz? you dont have to...i'll give it another week or so to appear online before i ask of such a daunting task from you. why didnt you like it? Lady Tlieso...i'm glad you liked it and enjoyed it [= that makes one of us. lol"
For real, if you can't find it tell me and it's yours, I've decided that stockpiling my comics isn't the best use for them, so I'm happy to share the wealth."

I will be holding you to that. Lol.

#20 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Thanks for putting this up. I thought about it this morning. Free is free. Maybe you'll find something new also that you don't normally pick up. Yeah the free stuff is limited but there's quite a few publishers on board and it's usually decent quality stuff. To find a comic shop near you, call 1-888-comicbook (most likely just in the U.S.). Do they have free comic book day in other countries?"

Free Comic Book Day was here in the UK last Saturday. It included; All Star Superman, X-Men, Marvel Superheroes, Dan Dare, EC collections and Devil Claw to name about half of them. This is a great idea, not just because we all like free comics, but it is a way of drawing in new readers when the entertainment market is flooded with alternatives such as computer games, dvds, etc. And to keep the comic industry thriving, we surely need to keep introducing new readers to the heroes and titles we all know and love.

#21 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:
"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:
Frilz? you dont have to...i'll give it another week or so to appear online before i ask of such a daunting task from you. why didnt you like it? Lady Tlieso...i'm glad you liked it and enjoyed it [= that makes one of us. lol"
For real, if you can't find it tell me and it's yours, I've decided that stockpiling my comics isn't the best use for them, so I'm happy to share the wealth."

I will be holding you to that. Lol."

i liked the story but the art threw me off. they changed they way pixie looked too much.

#22 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Just got my free comics! The comic shop was packed it was great to see all those people excited about comic books.

#23 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

My store will be dead as usual, but I'm psyched to snag some freebies! This is my favorite day of the year!

#24 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Just got my free comics! The comic shop was packed it was great to see all those people excited about comic books."

What it's today? Ah crap.
#25 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Kurrent said:
"Just got my free comics! The comic shop was packed it was great to see all those people excited about comic books."
What it's today? Ah crap."
Yeah man! Their is some pretty good ones out too
#26 Posted by inferiorego (27837 posts) - - Show Bio

I stayed the hell away from my store, we're always packed on FCBD and my boss would try to get me to work. Luckily, I grabbed all the FCBD stuff I wanted last week.

Staff
#27 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Kurrent said:
What it's today? Ah crap."
Yeah man! Their is some pretty good ones out too"
It only looked like Savage Dragon and Blackest Night would be worth picking up.
#28 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Tlieso said:
"

pixelized says:

"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:
"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:

i liked the story but the art threw me off. they changed they way pixie looked too much.

"
i remember this... and i finally read it.
#29 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got back and my comic book store was giving away free Mighty Avengers 21 it made me think the thing must not have sold at all and then my cousin won a raffle and got a Noble Causes Graphic novel

#30 Posted by TheDrifter (26557 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Blackest Night and GI Joe/ Transformers

#31 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Lady Tlieso said:
"

pixelized says:

"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:
"Slinger says:
"pixelized says:

"
i remember this... and i finally read it."
Glad to hear it, I can finally put it away now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.