Follow

Freddy Krueger

Character » Freddy Krueger appears in 136 issues.

A murdered child killer who torments his teenage victims in their dreams.

Lucid Dreaming and Freddy

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

I haven't really seen much of the Nightmare series, so maybe this was addressed. What would happen if Freddy tried to kill someone in their dreams who could lucidly dream? (IE: They can control what happens in their dreams). Would he still be able to do whatever he wants, or would he just be plain screwed?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sparda

Awesome, the general discussion bug strikes again!

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Sparda: It actually happened in one of the sequels.  I can't tell you which one but one of Krueger's was a comic nerd and gained realized that he was in control of his dream.  He gained superhuman strength and started to smack Freddy around for a while.  Freddy just got pi$$ed and killed him anyway.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

I wish I could lucidly dream T_T

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sparda
    @Kal'smahboi: Huh, interesting. I guess I could attribute Freddy still winning due to the comic dude only just beating him up....I mean, if he was lucidly dreaming he could make Freddy kill himself or something if he really wanted to.

Thanks!
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @Sparda: No problem and sorry for the horrible writing. I just re-read my post and saw all the extra words :)
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

It was Nightmare on Elm St 3: Dream Warriors. They learn to lucid dream but it is only partially effective, essentially Freddy has more experience manipulating dreams than anyone who's new to lucid dreaming. Plus Freddy has an even greater advantage because he's essentially immortal, his body's already dead and he exists only in dreams. But if he injures someone in their dreams it affects their real body so he can kill them.

Once the original Elm st kids were killed the only way to beat him was to wipe him from the collective memory, if kids didn't know about him he couldn't reach them in their dreams. In Nightmare on Elm st 4 he relied on one girl's ability to pull other people into her dreams to get new victims but she learned she could keep him out too. That's why in Freddy vs Jason he sent Jason to start killing kids on Elm St again, as soon as they started digging and fearing him he could affect them.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda

Thanks, Prince.

Were they all trying to fight him at the same time or was it separately? Granted, they must have been new to the whole concept of being all-powerful in their dreams so the inexperience definitely would've affected them.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

Freddy kinds split them up in the dreams and dealt with them one at a time. I remember he killed the magic kid and some girl who used to be a drug addict wanted to be all tough and strong but he beat her by using her addiction. I don't remember what the others did.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sparda

Cool. Sounds interesting. Thanks!

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CylonDorado

What a n00b, you can't mage tank without healz.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.