Freddy was a diddler?

Posted by Jampy00 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished watching A nightmare on Elm St (2010) 

Ok, so all and all the movie was poop, weak characters and story line. But to allow him to be a child molester was Wrong, oh so wrong. 

I want the 80's version back..

#1 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

you sure the 80's version wasn't a chomo and they just didnt put it out front?
( vs being someone a child killer does it matter that much anyways?)

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11706 posts) - - Show Bio

The 80's version was a pedophile too    they just werent so forward about it
#3 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that a pretty important part of his origin?

#4 Posted by Jampy00 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

You know..I guess your right. 

I must have been in shock to overlook that fact from the original version, how silly of me. 

The shock was due to just how bad of a movie I had to endure to reach that important part of Fred's origin. 

Thanks for the replies!

#5 Posted by JokerFanHAhaHA (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Wes originally wanted him to be a flat out pedophile, but there was a string of molestations of children when he was making the first movie and he didn't want it to seem like he was proffiting off such a tragic event. So, he swapped a few words in the script and made him into a child KILLER

Although they DO hint at some pretty pedophilic qualities of his in the sequels.

#6 Posted by batkevin74 (9724 posts) - - Show Bio

@JokerFanHAhaHA said:

Wes originally wanted him to be a flat out pedophile, but there was a string of molestations of children when he was making the first movie and he didn't want it to seem like he was proffiting off such a tragic event. So, he swapped a few words in the script and made him into a child KILLER

Although they DO hint at some pretty pedophilic qualities of his in the sequels.

Spot on!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.