Follow

Freddy Freeman

Character » Freddy Freeman appears in 937 issues.

Freddie Freeman is foster brother of Billy Batson and one of the holders of the power of SHAZAM.

Shazam #1?

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Theodore

So I just heard they are bringing back the Shazam title!

...and it ties into a Titans story-line thats coming up soon!!

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KidSupreme

Really thats awesome i love Shazam!! I can`t wait for a new comic series to come out. I find DC doesn`t use the Marvel Family enough. They should use them a lot more!! 

¸I found some info in this...   

Read the rest by clicking on the link. 

The Marvel Family characters are returning to the spotlight in January's Shazam #1, and writer Eric Wallace is hoping this one-shot can attract new fans to the characters that have been beloved for so many years.

Featuring art by Cliff Richards, the issue will tie into a series of stories Wallace is doing over the next few months to advance the Marvel Family "as grounded characters in the modern DCU."

Captain Marvel is a character who was among the first superheroes in comics, but the Marvel Family of characters has experienced a lot of changes recently. In the last five years, the mantle of Captain Marvel has been passed down, and several of the Marvel Family characters have been pretty absent from the DCU, as they've either turned to evil, become powerless, been turned to stone, or been killed.

(  http://www.newsarama.com/comics/shazam-dcu-interview-101022.html )    
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Bring back Billy as Captain Marvel, otherwise, I'm a bit meh. I like  Freddy, but the way Billy was written out of the Rock of Eternity family was disgraceful.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Aiden Cross

Meh, it's Freddy. I like Billy better.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KidSupreme

The marvel family is amazing... and there super strong they have the powers of the gods....

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Bring back Billy as Captain Marvel, otherwise, I'm a bit meh. I like  Freddy, but the way Billy was written out of the Rock of Eternity family was disgraceful. "
    I concur
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

I think it's stupid that Freddy's now the new Captain Marvel, or "Shazam" or whatever they're calling him now.  Billy's the ONE and ONLY Capt. Marvel, imo

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@KidSupreme said:
    " Really thats awesome i love Shazam!! I can`t wait for a new comic series to come out. I find DC doesn`t use the Marvel Family enough. They should use them a lot more!! 

The Marvel Family characters are returning to the spotlight in January's Shazam #1, and writer Eric Wallace is hoping this one-shot can attract new fans to the characters that have been beloved for so many years.

Featuring art by Cliff Richards, the issue will tie into a series of stories Wallace is doing over the next few months to advance the Marvel Family "as grounded characters in the modern DCU."

Captain Marvel is a character who was among the first superheroes in comics, but the Marvel Family of characters has experienced a lot of changes recently. In the last five years, the mantle of Captain Marvel has been passed down, and several of the Marvel Family characters have been pretty absent from the DCU, as they've either turned to evil, become powerless, been turned to stone, or been killed.

(  http://www.newsarama.com/comics/shazam-dcu-interview-101022.html )     "
    Honestly I have no faith in Eric Wallace.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Video_Martian
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " @KidSupreme said:
    " Really thats awesome i love Shazam!! I can`t wait for a new comic series to come out. I find DC doesn`t use the Marvel Family enough. They should use them a lot more!! 

(  http://www.newsarama.com/comics/shazam-dcu-interview-101022.html )     "
    Honestly I have no faith in Eric Wallace. "

I agree  =P  His current Titans book SUCKS

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.