Is there any actual REASON Franklin is as powerful as he is?

#1 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

Did he just luck out or what?

#2 Posted by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is BS considering his father is a smart stretchy man, and his mother is an invisible woman who can create hyperspace constructs. But obviously i don't know anything b/c when you put the two together, you get a super reality warping kid! .....:/

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12672 posts) - - Show Bio

plot device

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

being fictional gives you powers beyond imagination 

and ^ plot device

#5 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

They've been playing franklin as a wundergod for 30 years. There's no reason to be upset about it.

#6 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a shot: either Reed or Susan was already carrying the X-gene. The cosmic rays that modified their DNA also amplified the properties of the X-gene.

#7 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Further on, maybe (mind you, these are comics, people) the cosmic rays left some sort of imprint on the X-gene, linking it to creative energies capable of building worlds. If DC can settle the Fifth World on Earth, then Marvel's Earth can birth its own counterpoint to Galactus. Again, comics.

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (13327 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

I'll give it a shot: either Reed or Susan was already carrying the X-gene. The cosmic rays that modified their DNA also amplified the properties of the X-gene.

That's exactly what I've always thought.

#9 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

@VampireSelektor said:

Further on, maybe (mind you, these are comics, people) the cosmic rays left some sort of imprint on the X-gene, linking it to creative energies capable of building worlds. If DC can settle the Fifth World on Earth, then Marvel's Earth can birth its own counterpoint to Galactus. Again, comics.

This is a great explanation, actually. At least, better than anything Marvel may actually provide us with.

#10 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@VampireSelektor said:

This is a great explanation, actually. At least, better than anything Marvel may actually provide us with.

Best explanation.

#11 Edited by Romulus9000 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I lol'd at this title. There are tons of marvel characters who are too powerful for their own good and thusly are rarely used. Take Wanda Maximoff for instance, ever since House of M she is rarley used because jesus if she can do that it seems kinda lame to just have her fight people. It is a sad fate for those characters and more so for their respective fanboys.

House of M rocked though.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

Plot device, he is needed to bet that powerful, thus, he is.

#13 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

The kid was in Power pack, how can he NOT be a boss

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Jean Grey so powerful or Iceman they have nonpowered human parents. The truth is this question could be asked of any powerful mutant

#15 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4164 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Why is Jean Grey so powerful or Iceman they have nonpowered human parents. The truth is this question could be asked of any powerful mutant

But that's the best part of the X-Gene.. it appears randomly in humans. Or at least that's what Marvel says is official.

A more likely answer would be, instead of only mutants having the X-Gene all of humanity has it, its just lies dormant in most, much like all of us have junk in our own DNA, but only a small fraction of these people actually manifest any real "mutation".

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he is an Omega-Level mutant if I'm not mistaken...

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I always wonder why Franklin's power level is such an issue with people yet they have absolutely no issue with people like Mad Jim Jaspers, Jamie Braddock, or others of similar power levels that have just as little if not less of a reasonable explanation?

#18 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

It's his good luck to be born a mutant with unbelievably high-level reality warping powers.

#19 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

His parents are mutates because there dna were altered by cosmic rays so mutates have mutant children.

I think I read somewhere that when Sue was pregnant with him, she was attacked with a device in the negative zone and that increased his powers and thats why Reed had to put him into a coma when he was born.

#20 Posted by Hyperlight (5688 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: your right... he lucked out. X-Gene has high variability.

@Mutant God: mutates dont always have to have mutant children. they can but a lot of the time they are just mutated children. Mr Fantastic and Invisible woman had a kid who has the x-gene thus is a part of homo sapien superior even though they are mutates. now there genetics can influence the fact that he is one or how powerful hes gonna be but the variables are high.

#21 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He rolled straight 20s when he was born.

#22 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

The same reason why Jamie Braddock , James Jaspers , and Clyde Wyncham are as well . He got the lottery "reality manipulation" X-Gene .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.