Follow

Franklin Richards

Character » Franklin Richards appears in 1699 issues.

Franklin is the son of Reed Richards and Sue Storm, also known as Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four. Franklin is an Omega-level mutant with reality-warping abilities; even at a young age he is one of the most powerful beings in the Universe.

How long is Future Franklin going to be with us?

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By DATNIGGA
    No Caption Provided

I been reading the FF comics 7 hes been here for quite sometime.. do you think he'll be permanent? It would be cool to have him around but I couldnt imagine someone as powerful as him fighting crime on a regular basis

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Same with the future Val. They are lingering when I expected them to be gone right away. I think they are just giving some advice to their younger selves before they split for good.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hyper_God
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

I can see them not going back for a long time to mentor their former selves. Which is a good thing because most alternate versions of themselves are evil.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hyper_God

@Teerack said:

I can see them not going back for a long time to mentor their former selves. Which is a good thing because most alternate versions of themselves are evil.

Where did you get that from ?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack

@Hyper_God: Just go to their Wikipedia pages and read through the alternate versions of them.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hyper_God

@Teerack said:

@Hyper_God: Just go to their Wikipedia pages and read through the alternate versions of them.

So you consider wikipedia as a reliable source of comic book info ?

PS : I have read most of the relevant FF issues in which these characters make their appearances . To my knowledge , Val is the only one who has been represented as being "evil" , largely because of her connection to Doom , but she never truly was evil per se .

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teerack

@Hyper_God: You can probably find the info from the wiki here, and i think a year or so ago the staff actually posted and article about the alternate version of Franklin. Wikipedia actually is a fairly reliable source for comic information. If you're going to tell me that your school teachers say it's not reliable the only reason that schools don't allow wiki sources is because if you were doing a paper and just at the very moment someone went to the page and edited to something wrong, and you saw it before wiki moderators corrected it then you would be wrong, but for something like this it's a fine source. Regardless I didn't even look a wikipedia when i made my post, I really just meant look it up in general. (Google, wikis, comic book recourse, forums, etc.)

Reading all of the issues of FF doesn't actually give you information about this stuff besides the evil Reed Richards that point out how Val's are usually bad. You would have to read a lot of Fantastic Four stuff, annuals, one shots, and limited series to find all of the alternates. From my knowledge in all realities that we have seen Franklin in he is either dead, never born, or powerless. But in the few versions of him where we get to see him grown up he's usually bad. I'm pretty sure he even became galactus in one reality.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hyper_God

@Teerack said:

@Hyper_God: You can probably find the info from the wiki here, and i think a year or so ago the staff actually posted and article about the alternate version of Franklin. Wikipedia actually is a fairly reliable source for comic information. If you're going to tell me that your school teachers say it's not reliable the only reason that schools don't allow wiki sources is because if you were doing a paper and just at the very moment someone went to the page and edited to something wrong, and you saw it before wiki moderators corrected it then you would be wrong, but for something like this it's a fine source. Regardless I didn't even look a wikipedia when i made my post, I really just meant look it up in general. (Google, wikis, comic book recourse, forums, etc.)

Reading all of the issues of FF doesn't actually give you information about this stuff besides the evil Reed Richards that point out how Val's are usually bad. You would have to read a lot of Fantastic Four stuff, annuals, one shots, and limited series to find all of the alternates. From my knowledge in all realities that we have seen Franklin in he is either dead, never born, or powerless. But in the few versions of him where we get to see him grown up he's usually bad. I'm pretty sure he even became galactus in one reality.

You aren't really trying to insinuate that reading the actual comics themselves doesn't give one as much information as what the wiki presents , are you ?

Also , what makes you think that the regular wiki is even necessarily moderated by Marvel staff .

I don't care what school teachers say about wikipedia's reliability , because when it comes to comics , its generally more preferable to read the issues themselves , as first-hand sources are always more reliable than second-hand sources .

However , if you truly want to use online sources as points of reference , I'd recommend the following sites :

1)Marvel's own official website

2)Marvunapp(maintained by Jeff Christiansen)

3)Marvel Comics Database(it is probably one of the , if not THE , sites which are most in-line with the on-panel evidence)

4)Marvel Directory(it directly takes everything from the handbooks/bios published by Marvel , with a grain of salt)

All these points are moot anyways , since NO version(alternate or mainstream) of Franklin has ever been portrayed as being evil in any comic . Wikipedia itself doesn't even allude to such an idea . You should reread Franklin's wiki entry .

On a sidenote : Franklin's Galactus-metamorphosis happened in Earth-X . In that particular reality , Franklactus scared away an entire host of Celestials .

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teerack

@Hyper_God said:

@Teerack said:

You aren't really trying to insinuate that reading the actual comics themselves doesn't give one as much information as what the wiki presents , are you ?

Didn't say that at all.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hyper_God

@Teerack said:

@Hyper_God said:

@Teerack said:

Didn't say that at all.

If you didn't , then I'll let it go , but it sure did look that way to me .

@Teerack said:

@Hyper_God:You can probably find the info from the wiki here, and i think a year or so ago the staff actually posted and article about the alternate version of Franklin. Wikipedia actually is a fairly reliable source for comic information. If you're going to tell me that your school teachers say it's not reliable the only reason that schools don't allow wiki sources is because if you were doing a paper and just at the very moment someone went to the page and edited to something wrong, and you saw it before wiki moderators corrected it then you would be wrong, but for something like this it's a fine source. Regardless I didn't even look a wikipedia when i made my post, I really just meant look it up in general. (Google, wikis, comic book recourse, forums, etc.)

MrAnathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrAnathema

@Hyper_God said:

I shudder at the thought of what's gonna happen once Fraction takes over the F4/FF-reigns from Hickman .

Yeah, it's a shame the fans don't have much of a say in selecting new creative teams. That said, I really don't know what the head honchos at Marvel are thinking. Hickman made F4 relevant again; and now, they're handing the reins over to Fraction of all people??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.