Franklin Richards: Does He Age??

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that even by comic standards Franklin Richards ages far slower than any other character.  I mean, Kitty Pryde was introduced as a fourteen year old several years after Franklin's birth, and was a young adult while Frank was still a child.  Was Frank actually still an infant when Kitty first appeared.  I mean, it just isn't making that much sense.   

#1 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Hypopituitarism.

#2 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin's friends in Power Pack have all aged to adulthood.  Franklin was still a kid last time I checked.
#3 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

i keep hearing about this guy i'm sorry but i have no idea who he is..

#4 Edited by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:

" Franklin's friends in Power Pack have all aged to adulthood."

Alex has made it to college & I believe Julie is in her late teens... but I don't think Jack & Katie have been seen in a looong time :( 

Anyway, don't get me started on the ages of comic characters.  It winds me up so much.   

Val & Frankie... GROW UP!!
#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

he does and doesnt, thats about the only way to put it. in otherwords he is whatever age whatever
writer feels like at the time, usually young. same with Val. Power Pack isnt a good guage either
since they appear in one in continuity series aged while in another at the same time as children
(not to mention their entire own continuity fell into an abyss somewhere apparently- Kofi anyone?)

#6 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18848 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn writers.. Some have no clue how to age characters the right way...

#7 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@NagolNuff said:
"i keep hearing about this guy i'm sorry but i have no idea who he is.. "

He is Reed Richards (Mister Fantastic) and Susan Storm Richards (Invisible Woman)'s son. 
#8 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATMANEXE said:

"he does and doesnt, thats about the only way to put it. in otherwords he is whatever age whatever writer feels like at the time, usually young. same with Val. Power Pack isnt a good guage either since they appear in one in continuity series aged while in another at the same time as children (not to mention their entire own continuity fell into an abyss somewhere apparently- Kofi anyone?) "

Power Pack recent appearances as children were in Marvel Adventures.  This is probably why you are confused.

#9 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't there time travel and artificial aging at one point? Once that happens age seems to go out the window
#10 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"Wasn't there time travel and artificial aging at one point? Once that happens age seems to go out the window "

yeah, but he is too young, not too old. 
#11 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

other that time travel franklin and val will always stay bellow 10. that is until Fantastic Four One More Day buh buh buh!!!! heh dramatic music in the form of buhs :p

#12 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"

other that time travel franklin and val will always stay bellow 10. that is until Fantastic Four One More Day buh buh buh!!!! heh dramatic music in the form of buhs :p

"

haha Fantastic Four One More Day would be a story that symbolizes the end of good comics and will eliminate 100% of readers.  In fact, Fox would probably sue because the movies they are making for F4 would be useless people would hate the characters so much.   
#13 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

BUH BUH BUH BUUUUUUHHHH!

#14 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@DH69 said:
"

BUH BUH BUH BUUUUUUHHHH!

"

lol
#15 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

i try

#16 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" Damn writers.. Some have no clue how to age characters the right way... "
agreed, frank should be a junior in high school or older.
#17 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio
@pentagram said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" Damn writers.. Some have no clue how to age characters the right way... "
agreed, frank should be a junior in high school or older. "
yup
#18 Posted by 614azrael (10307 posts) - - Show Bio

his warping abilities warp all individuals perceptions. in actuality he is time itself an choses this form :D

#19 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

He can will himself to be ageless.

#20 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

he like 12
#21 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@614azrael said:
" his warping abilities warp all individuals perceptions. in actuality he is time itself an choses this form :D "
@Edamame said:
" He can will himself to be ageless. "
i like these explanations and actually i think they should incorporate them into the book, like have Reed note that he ages alot slow then he should be and that it's because he dosen't want to grow up because he views the adult world as dangerous and even with his powers he dosen't feel safe and that his parents won't be their to protect him, but as he slowly gets older his views change and he becomes more confident, so speeds his age up to what it should be, but he can still age slow or stay the same age as long as he wants
#22 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

If he gets older, he get's more powerful and will actually use his powers... then he becomes too powerful and Marvel would have to do something as a plot device (see Superman, Sentry, Spawn, Jean Gray etc)

Keep him as a kid... or there will be consequesnces!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.