Avengers vs X-Men... Wheres Franklin???

#1 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on I know we're all thinkinbg it, why hasnt the Avengers asked for the nigh-omnipotent child for help? even if he is a kkid, he could probably tackle the phoenix force by himself! You dont take down three celestials for nothing! I'm surprised the X-Men havent addressed it, hes a bigger threat than Scarlet Witch if you think about it. And hes a mutant!! Come on, dont tell me the FF are off vacationing somewhere so not to be involved, except for ben, thats messed up!!

#2 Posted by VenomousDragon (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Plot, thats why.

#3 Posted by Dernman (15690 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though he isn't as smart as his sister. He is still smart enough to stay out of the stupidity.

#4 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

Because they have Wanda, who apparently is Phoenix Force kryptonite. Why involve a kid, when you have a full grown woman with just as much, if not more, power on her side?

#5 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage:I'm pretty sure Franklins more powerful, but I see what you mean. I still think that potentially, he would be involved somehow

#6 Posted by Vincent92 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider fan1: Because he is busy with the future foundation and most of the team(except the thing) are staying out of the fight, but when it comes down to end of the world, he will be ready

#7 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Because they have Wanda, who apparently is Phoenix Force kryptonite. Why involve a kid, when you have a full grown woman with just as much, if not more, power on her side?

Wanda isn't more powerful than Franklin .Neither is she his equal . Where did you get that from ?

#8 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Btw , Franklin's not gonna get involved in AVX . To everyone in this thread , read FF#18 .

#9 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Wanda isn't more powerful than Franklin .Neither is she his equal . Where did you get that from ?

Based on the upgrades she's been getting since the day she was born.......uhm.......yeah, it's very possible we're about to be introduced to uber Wanda.

#10 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18764 posts) - - Show Bio

Him and his sister are at home playing :]

#11 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Based on the upgrades she's been getting since the day she was born.......uhm.......yeah, it's very possible we're about to be introduced to uber Wanda.

The only significant upgrade she got in her lifetime , which would put her at a level higher than Franklin , is the Life-Force . Apart from that she doesn't have anywhere near the feats to compete with Franklin . He's more powerful . Take my word for it .

#12 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

The only significant upgrade she got in her lifetime , which would put her at a level higher than Franklin , is the Life-Force . Apart from that she doesn't have anywhere near the feats to compete with Franklin . He's more powerful . Take my word for it .

I know Franklin has created his own pocket universe and has also gotten the attention of the celestials. However, based on the way her powers work, and what she has been destined for since the day she was born, I'm still under the impression that she's not exactly done with the "I can match Phoenix" feats.

#13 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

dumb question

#14 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

I know Franklin has created his own pocket universe and has also gotten the attention of the celestials. However, based on the way her powers work, and what she has been destined for since the day she was born, I'm still under the impression that she's not exactly done with the "I can match Phoenix" feats.

Franklin is the guy because of whom she was able to create Tommy and William to begin with . As far as how her (mutant) powers work , Franklin has a very similar powerset , only at a much greater scale , with creatio ex nihilo added for good measure .

Which Phoenix are you talking about ? The most powerful incarnation is the White Crown , and regular Wanda doesn't have the feats to hang in with her . A much weaker Franklin from Days of Future Past hijacked Rachel's connection to the PF .

Franklin's more powerful . As I said before , take my word for it .

#15 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Franklin is the guy because of whom she was able to create Tommy and William to begin with . As far as how her (mutant) powers work , Franklin has a very similar powerset , only at a much greater scale , with creatio ex nihilo added for good measure .

Which Phoenix are you talking about ? The most powerful incarnation is the White Crown , and regular Wanda doesn't have the feats to hang in with her . A much weaker Franklin from Days of Future Past hijacked Rachel's connection to the PF .

Franklin is not responsible for the creation of Tommy and William. Scarlet Witch did that

Their powers work very differently. They get similar effects, but they work differently. They only mirror each other on a surface level. That said, Wanda has harmed just about every member of the Phoenix 5, and Cyclops was burned when he touched her. She has clearly entered a different level as far as her powers are concerned.

Feats wise, Franklin is more powerful. But we obviously still have yet to see what Wanda is fully capable of...................though I still do not like it.

#16 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Franklin is not responsible for the creation of Tommy and William. Scarlet Witch did that

Their powers work very differently. They get similar effects, but they work differently. They only mirror each other on a surface level. That said, Wanda has harmed just about every member of the Phoenix 5, and Cyclops was burned when he touched her. She has clearly entered a different level as far as her powers are concerned.

Feats wise, Franklin is more powerful. But we obviously still have yet to see what Wanda is fully capable of...................though I still do not like it.

Franklin's destruction of Mephisto is what made the necessary magic available for Wanda to mold her "children" from .

As far as Wanda's effects on the P5 are concerned , Tony confirmed that their energies were connected in some way , and whenever she was in the presence of the P5 , her hex fields shot up . That's the reason why Cyclops , Magik and Namor were affected the way they were .

I don't find that much impressive in comparison to Franklin , considering how a much weaker version of him was capable of hijacking Rachel's connection to the PF .

#17 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Franklin's destruction of Mephisto is what made the necessary magic available for Wanda to mold her "children" from .

As far as Wanda's effects on the P5 are concerned , Tony confirmed that their energies were connected in some way , and whenever she was in the presence of the P5 , her hex fields shot up . That's the reason why Cyclops , Magik and Namor were affected the way they were .

I don't find that much impressive in comparison to Franklin , considering how a much weaker version of him was capable of hijacking Rachel's connection to the PF .

Her powers spiking in the presence of the Phoenix Force goes even deeper into that whole "nexus being" destiny, and makes me believe that she is much more powerful than we've seen yet. I'm not saying she stomps Franklin, however, her potential still cannot be ignored...potential that writers are apparently hellbent on tapping into.

Her powers spiked to OWN and one-shot Phoenix Force wielders, who both actually shot to kill.......something very strange is up with that.

#18 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Her powers spiking in the presence of the Phoenix Force goes even deeper into that whole "nexus being" destiny, and makes me believe that she is much more powerful than we've seen yet. I'm not saying she stomps Franklin, however, her potential still cannot be ignored...potential that writers are apparently hellbent on tapping into.

Her powers spiked to OWN and one-shot Phoenix Force wielders, who both actually shot to kill.......something very strange is up with that.

Considering what Franklin's energies were doing to Man-Thing(Daydreamers#3) , a Nexus Being himself , I wouldn't put too much merit into her being comparable to Franklin , just based on her status as a Nexus Being .

As far as what she did to individual wielders of 1/5th of the PF each , a weaker version of Franklin hijacked Rachel's connection to the PF against her will .

Still Franklin .

#19 Edited by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Considering what Franklin's energies were doing to Man-Thing(Daydreamers#3) , a Nexus Being himself , I wouldn't put too much merit into her being comparable to Franklin , just based on her status as a Nexus Being .

As far as what she did to individual wielders of 1/5th of the PF each , a weaker version of Franklin hijacked Rachel's connection to the PF against her will .

Still Franklin .

I'll backspace what I said originally, and simply say that Franklin isn't needed, because they have Wanda...............who for some reason, is capable of one-shotting a full-powered Limbo sorceress supreme backed by the Phoenix Force

#20 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

@Hyper_God said:

@White Mage said:

Still Franklin .

I'll backspace what I said originally, and simply say that Franklin isn't needed, because they have Wanda...............who for some reason, is capable of one-shotting a full-powered Limbo sorceress supreme backed by the Phoenix Force

OK . It doesn't really matter either way because Franklin's not gonna get involved in AVX . I already explained why , in an earlier post of mine in this thread .

PS : That Limbo Queen is powered only by 1/5th of the PF .

#21 Posted by Hyperlight (6569 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: i think franklin is more powerful. Wando wouldnt be anything without the influence of Cnthlon.... which is an elder god. elder gods are the most powerful beings on earth but they dont have anything on celestials. franklin is said to have power on par with celestials which are the most powerful race in Marvel.

#22 Edited by w0nd (4046 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin isn't allowed to do anything, Same reason he got yelled at when he stopped Osborn from killing his dad, same reason he didn't help save Johnny, and same reason when he exorcised Ben he asked him not to tell his parents, because no matter how much good he does they will yell at him. I know it's over and done with but that's the way they always write him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.