starkiller809's Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #2 - War of the Monsters, Part 2: The Dissection of Nina Mazursky review

Frankenstein's Freakin' Awesome

I really liked last issue so I was hoping that this issue was just as good. I was a bit worried when I saw the Comic Vine review, however I really enjoyed this issue.

THE GOOD:
A lot of people won't, but I like the art. It gives the book a special feeling and I think it works really well. I really like the characters from the last issue introduction, here we get to see a bit more up close look on one of them. I really like the feeling of the book. It's really like a monster military and I like that. I also like the S.H.A.D.E. Net bubbles. It gives you information without taking up a whole lot of room to do it. I also like seeing their base and other things in this.

THE BAD:
I do agree with Comic Vine about a few things. I'm a huge Ray Palmer fan. I enjoyed Jeff Lemire writing Atom in his Adventure Comic's back up, but he is really making Ray a scientist who has no life but to help these monsters. I want Ray doing a lot more in this series, or give him a run in DC Comics Presents.

THE VERDICT: 4.5/5 (Amazing)
I know a lot of people are going to be turned away because of the art and some people aren't going to find the characters interesting, but I do and I'm glad I'm getting this. I'm looking forward to the next issue. If you like good comics, your going to have to decided because I like it but some don't, so just try out the first issue. I would recommend this to people who want more then superheroes.

Posted by cincyducksfan35

Agreed, this comic is a very nice change of pace. Good review!

Other reviews for Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. #2 - War of the Monsters, Part 2: The Dissection of Nina Mazursky

Those aren't called monsters... 0

This book just gets further and further from what it should be. It's not that this books is bad or good, but the clash of themes and the missed opportunity just screams out blandness. It's an interesting thing that happens. We have monsters mixed with superscience mixed and every time you get a bit of a story that might work with it the writer throws something else at your or doesn't explore it enough. The writer of this book is really just trying way too hard. You have monsters. You don't need ...