Through the Fourth Wall

#1 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

They know you're out there.... 

The characters that break the fourth wall. Or sometimes (okay, mostly just in Grant Morrison's case) we talk to them. 

What do you think of the breaking of the fourth wall? Who do you think writes it best? Which character uses this plot device to its best capacity?

#2 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's funny depending on who the character is, and it's personality. Then again it takes a good writer to make it flow so...yeah.

But i like it

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill Willingham and Matthew Sturges

Jack of Fables is hilarious!

#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

the character it would make the most sense for would be the Maxx or Mr. Gone, although i don't remember either of them doing it.

#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved what Geoff Johns did with Legion of 3 Worlds.

#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to go with the cliche answer of Deadpool. He didn't do it first, but he definitely made it his own

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.