The Zombie Apocalypse is inevitable. How you are preparing for it could mean the difference between surviving, getting killed, or turned into a zombie. With the use of chemical warfare and many other possible reasons it is a guarantee this will happen at some point. If you don't believe it will happen and have no plans to prepare you will just be considered one of the many that die on Z-Day. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are taking it seriously and want you to be ready as well...
1. Know your enemy
- Have you read books containing information on how to survive in a zombie apocalypse?
- Have you seen television or movies with information on zombie survival?
- Have you contacted your local zombie response team yet?
- Do you have a go-bag (aka bug out bag)?
- Are you stocked up on water, food, medications, clothing, tools, first aid?
- Have you made plans on where you will live?
- Do you plan or have you made anything to fortify your shelter?
- Do you have plans on a meeting place? Do you have a back up in case people are separated?
- Do you have a vehicle?
- If not do you have the ability to hot-wire one?
- Do you have an evacuation route planned for Z-day?
5. Weapons & Protection
- What weapons do you have to use? (Note: This is not when you plan to go shopping all la-dee-da at the local gun store after everything has gone to hell. It's what do you have available at this time or plan on getting before Z-day.)
- Do you have Denim and Leather or other things you can wear that will help with bite protection?
- Do you keep active and physically fit?
- Do you practice any martial art or were you on the gymnastics team?
- What survival skills do you already have and are you learning any now?
- Have you prepared mentally for living in a world like this?
Spoiler Warning: Video contains scenes from Season 3 of the Walking Dead.