Can this be picked up again?

zyzyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zyzyx

I mean there was an official cancellation but is it possible another network could pick it up? Like the Hub or CW? Or is it possible that Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go tank so badly that CN would consider picking up this up again assuming that the producers have not moved on to different projects?

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Yes... want to make it happen? Buy some Young Justice Merchandise! but not on ebay. Amazon, Cartoon Network(if you can), Stores... etc

Show em the show will make $$$$ or else it stays cancelled

(+)

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By noj

@zyzyx: It wasnt officially cancelled as far as I know it just wasnt renewed for the 2013 season which is pretty much an unofficial cancellation. However I think that being only unofficially cancelled gives it a slightly better chance of it getting picked up again on Cartoon Network. But as far as if it could get picked up on another station I highly doubt it due to Cartoon Networks deal with WB/DC.

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasontodd7

@zyzyx said:

I mean there was an official cancellation but is it possible another network could pick it up? Like the Hub or CW? Or is it possible that Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go tank so badly that CN would consider picking up this up again assuming that the producers have not moved on to different projects?

i guess you're last option is, in my oppinion, the only real solution.. A big boycott of those shows will show them our side of the story.

We don't want to start watching another shows just to be canceled before the story has been fully told..

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I believe that Beware the Batman will have a better chance at having an ongoing series just because its Batman. He already has many fans.

Teen Titans Go may flunk.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By X9

Teen Titans Go will turn out to be worse than Teen Titans, which was the worst super hero cartoon I've seen so far (and I mean it).

However, there are many happy fans who "can't wait to see the gang again with such a cute art style" ¬¬

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SUNMAN

no its done

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pokemonmon

@X9: i loved teen titans and it was wildly popular. enough that they even lasted an extra season

serfdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By serfdom

no x9 was right, i forced myself to watch it cause it had potential but they sat on so many possibilities

or would ruin good moments with bad jokes every opportunity also the artwork when it didnt break the 4th wall was alright but only subpar

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pokemonmon

@serfdom: well keep in midn that this was a cartoon for KIDS and considering the demographic it did very well. do you really think that if it had better animation and quality it wouldve done better? no. kids dont care about that stuff. that just wanna watch something that has cheap entertainment value. why do you think spongebob is still running? most of the people i knew who watched it loved it even now that theyre older.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
@pokemonmon said:

@serfdom: well keep in midn that this was a cartoon for KIDS and considering the demographic it did very well. do you really think that if it had better animation and quality it wouldve done better? no. kids dont care about that stuff. that just wanna watch something that has cheap entertainment value. why do you think spongebob is still running? most of the people i knew who watched it loved it even now that theyre older.

Its merchandise. Spongebob still sells regardless of age. You can get Spongebob anything...towels backpacks, etc. Thats where the money comes from. It doesn't always matter how many and what kind of people are watching it.
pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pokemonmon

@cattlebattle: thats exactly my point, make something silly enough but still entertaining and people will buy the merchandise. something liek young justice however, a mature quality cartoon, wont encourage its auidence (older teens and young adults) to jump up and buy the toys/video games. even i must admit that as much as i love young justice i wouldnt be too willing to buy the video game. i might buy a shirt or hat or something if im in the mood but thats about it

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
@pokemonmon: It could also be the marketing, they did actually have YJ action figures...so I don't know. 

YJ is a more mature show thats aired on a Saturday morning and its largest fanbase stems from late teens to people in their twenties....it doesn't really help the network when all the commercials and sponsors are candy and toy companies and they are being ignored by the age demographic...this is sadly the same reason why most super hero cartoons are made to be more childish. It sucks, perhaps one day when the people of our generation are older and making cartoons they will take the anime influence and combine it with comics to make more shows like Young Justice and JLU or better
pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pokemonmon

@cattlebattle: yea thats the point ive been making this whole time lol but yea who knows maybe theyll start doing what they did with avatar, get some professional animators and people who kno how to tell a good story, and combine them to make something as great as the avatar :P avatar did GREAT at balancing out the demographics so that they got good ratings AND sold merchandise well. thats what more quality cartoons need to do rather than reach out only to a demographic where merchandise wont sell well

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle
@pokemonmon said:

@cattlebattle: yea thats the point ive been making this whole time lol but yea who knows maybe theyll start doing what they did with avatar, get some professional animators and people who kno how to tell a good story, and combine them to make something as great as the avatar :P avatar did GREAT at balancing out the demographics so that they got good ratings AND sold merchandise well. thats what more quality cartoons need to do rather than reach out only to a demographic where merchandise wont sell well

Thats a bit different though. Yes, Avatar (Airbender) was one of the best american cartoons ever made, but it was still largely for kids, I mean it had some themes and episodes that were more mature in tone but in the end, even though it could be enjoyed by anyone, it was still a kids show.

In the case of super heroes or comic related properties, the readers tend to want to see more adult shows seeing as since around the 80's, comics have been aimed at an older audience. Those shows are usually hard to market though, they're usually just given toy lines and other common things, and usually don't have an audience outside comic fans.
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

Teen titans is back ?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sinestro_GL

The fact that it wasn't renewed for 2013 might mean they're taking a long-ass hiatus like they've done SO many times this season...although I doubt this is the case.

However, I'm not entirely heartbroken that YJ is getting canned. The second half oh the current season has been of far lower quality than the preceding episodes...and I'm also damned tired of just watching the life and times of Jaime Reyes week-in-week-out.

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pokemonmon

@Z3RO180: if you watched those shorts with the chibi animations thats what it is except 30 mins long

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pokemonmon

@cattlebattle: thats a good point which is why most comic shows are unfortunately going to slowly fizzle out D; unless they do what theyve been doing with shows like ultimate spiderman and kiddie it up. oh well thus is life lol

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PassionFlower

I'd like to see them pursue another network.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@cattlebattle said:

@pokemonmon: It could also be the marketing, they did actually have YJ action figures...so I don't know. YJ is a more mature show thats aired on a Saturday morning and its largest fanbase stems from late teens to people in their twenties....it doesn't really help the network when all the commercials and sponsors are candy and toy companies and they are being ignored by the age demographic...this is sadly the same reason why most super hero cartoons are made to be more childish. It sucks, perhaps one day when the people of our generation are older and making cartoons they will take the anime influence and combine it with comics to make more shows like Young Justice and JLU or better

the reason the toys didnt sell was because they were crap. they only had like 4 joints and a really crappy feal to them. if they were the quality of the iron man and thor movie toys i would have definetly bought some

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heard it thru the grapevine the YJ has been picked up again but they arent letting any info other then that slip

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

heard it thru the grapevine the YJ has been picked up again but they arent letting any info other then that slip

Sources please.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: my apologies, I heard it at work in the studio and it got my hopes up, after doing a little digging this is what I found:

http://screenrant.com/young-justice-tv-series-show-cw-2015/