Yondu and Captain America: The Winter Soldier's Falcon Coming to Disney Infinity

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Variety announced two characters from two different Marvel blockbusters will be making their way to Disney Infinity 2.0, when Marvel characters make their debut.

Aside from Captain America, Spider-Man, Nova, and the recently announced Guardians of the Galaxy, Yondu will become a physical character you can use in the new set. Yondu, played by Michael Rooker in GotG, made a big impact on fans this past summer.

No Caption Provided

Also announced was The Falcon, based off of Sam Wilson's appearance in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. He won't become available until 2015 though.

Back in August, Disney also announced that characters from their upcoming film Big Hero 6, loosely based on the Marvel team of the same name, will also get figures on November 4th, three days before the film's release. This just adds to the already impressive amount of figures Disney continues to release for this game.

No Caption Provided

Disney Infinity 2.0 will be available on various consoles on September 23rd. Check out the Guardians of the Galaxy play set trailer while you wait a couple more weeks.

Source: Variety

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Dammit. Even more characters for me to pick up. Guess I won't need to find that Yondu team up disc after all.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i dont own any type of games like this (infinity,skylanders) but i find the concept great . especially with disney owning marvel and star wars (maybe the next to join infinity?) this might last quite awhile and i may have to get it myself.

also movieverse yondu was pretty cool and so is his inclusion to this game lol

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Speaking of Yondu, does anyone else wonder why a blue-skinned alien acts like a redneck? Where did he pick up a Southern accent in space?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4 inferiorego  Staff

Speaking of Yondu, does anyone else wonder why a blue-skinned alien acts like a redneck? Where did he pick up a Southern accent in space?

The redneck accent isn't a southern thing It's all across America and in Canada as well.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

@amazingwebhead said:

The redneck accent isn't a southern thing It's all across America and in Canada as well.

Okay, but my point remains valid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f035224e8503
deactivated-5f035224e8503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's just a genre conceit. The same way Star Wars takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, yet everyone speaks English and one of the bad guys has a posh British accent for some reason.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n00beditor3 said:

@amazingwebhead said:

It's just a genre conceit. The same way Star Wars takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, yet everyone speaks English and one of the bad guys has a posh British accent for some reason.

Good point, although I think everyone in Star Wars was speaking a different language but the movie was translating for us.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SurfingtheHighway

@inferiorego said:

@amazingwebhead said:

Where did he pick up an American and Canadian accent in space? Lol

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surfingthehighway said:

@amazingwebhead said:

@inferiorego said:

@amazingwebhead said:

My point exactly!

SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surfingthehighway said:

@amazingwebhead said:

@inferiorego said:

@amazingwebhead said:

My point exactly!

Maybe it's the way Michael Rooker (he played a redneck in The Walking Dead as well) talks in real life. The director surely liked it, it's not like GOTG was a very serious movie either way :P

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surfingthehighway said:

@amazingwebhead said:

@surfingthehighway said:

@amazingwebhead said:

@inferiorego said:

@amazingwebhead said:

My point exactly!

Maybe it's the way Michael Rooker (he played a redneck in The Walking Dead as well) talks in real life. The director surely liked it, it's not like GOTG was a very serious movie either way :P

I guess that's as good a reason as any.

SurfingtheHighway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Awesome picture by the way, it brought me many precious memories

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Falcon

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Yondu

Falcon seems to have his Avengers assemble look here? Is it possible that his MCU look is a costume disc?

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, just pre-ordered. Don't know about other retailers, but GS is giving away a figure of your choice if you pre-order. So my Starter Pack comes with Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, and now Cap free.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@amazingwebhead: Michael Rooker is a native of Alabama. It's just the way he talks.

amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

@amazingwebhead: Michael Rooker is a native of Alabama. It's just the way he talks.

*shrugs* Works for me.