inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

What this arc of X-O MANOWAR has done exceedingly well is delivered a story that not only expanded on the characters from the ARMOR HUNTERS event, but it also gave readers a closer look at what makes the antagonists tick. The story is much more than "the baddies want to rule/destroy the world." They're intricate characters and their story is not only interesting but adds a whole new level to the overall story arc.

Primary Reebo has to make some quick decisions in order to save his fried's life, Malgam. This leads to a slew of moments in X-O MANOWAR, which in turn leads up to ARMOR HUNTERS. The way this story and the previous one in X-O are paced out and plotted out exceptionally well. The reveals throughout this story really heighten the overall experience. Writer Robert Venditti knows how to grab the readers attention and never let go.

Venditti also provides incredibly well-written dialogue. This is a new group of characters, armed with weaponry and technology that is far beyond what we, as humans, know, but Venditti doesn't spend too much time over-explaining things with the dialogue. He gives the reader what they need to know and that's it. Never are we bogged down with unnecessary dialogue. That says a lot that there's nothing here, dialogue or otherwise, that feels like filler. Everything serves a purpose and that's what separates this book from the rest.

Diego Bernard does a great job on this issue, especially the opening pages where he establishes the planet Lund. Page one features a large panel that is full in detail painting a larger picture of where this book is leading us. I found myself really loving Bernard's and colorist Romulo Fajardo's background work from the watercolor effects to the full-blown forest scenes. They all looked incredibly nice and add a bit of mood to each scene.

The Bad

Nothing really bad to say about the issue. It was everything I expected from the conclusion of this particular story.

The Verdict

The final issue of this arc wraps-up perfectly. Readers catch the Armor Hunters story and how it connects back to Aric. It's a cut and dry, simple story that adds an immense amount of depth to the book. Sure, Aric hasn't been in this book for a few months, but it doesn't matter because these past few issues were done so dang well. Now, fans can only wait and see how the rest of this event plays out and what the future holds for Aric and Earth.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Despite being completely un-new-reader friendly this has been one of the best arcs on the book period.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't wait to pick this up.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@fallschirmjager: I agree. I've been loving the history of the armor hunters. It would make a great series on its own. It is adding an incredible amount to the Armor Hunters story

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager: I agree. I've been loving the history of the armor hunters. It would make a great series on its own. It is adding an incredible amount to the Armor Hunters story

Totally.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, and again, Valiant continues to prove why it is the best publisher out there. Great writing, great art, and a great business sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Despite being completely un-new-reader friendly this has been one of the best arcs on the book period.

I'd actually been losing interest in it, but this arc drew me right back in.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainHoopla

This was great. I've actually been enjoying these X-O tie-ins more than the Armor Hunters event book.

andreww154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole Armour Hunters event has been pretty compelling...which is lucky as it actually encompasses almost all of the Valiant titles at the moment.

From the launch X-O was one of my least favourite titles but I've really been enjoying the book more and more over the last few months. Valiant just seems to be getting better and better.

This was a surprisingly moving issue.