inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

One of the best parts of X-Men: Days of Future Past were the scenes involving Quicksilver, especially when he helped break Magneto out of jail. Will we see more of Evan Peters as Quicksilver in next year's X-Men: Apocalypse? According to a recent interview with Details, we sure will.

Peters said that Apocalypse will be the biggest X-Men film and will have a huge scope. He went on to talk about Quicksilver's role in this gigantic film.

[T]he story is that my character is searching for his father and wants to find him. It starts there and then he jumps on the X-Men train and gets sucked up in this whole Apocalypse madness: He tries to stop him from destroying the world.

Looks like Quicksilver will be around for the majority of the movie and not just a few minutes in the middle. Hopefully, we'll get to see some more slow motion sequences. X-Men: Apocalypse opens on May 27, 2016.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He was alot better then the other guy who played quicksilver in AOU.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I wonder if there's any 80s songs about time that he could be listening to in this movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i didn't really care for his quicksilver i didn't hate it but didn't like it either

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of a shame, because Aaron Taylor-Johnson did pretty well in other roles. I think the treatment of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver was largely uninspired, and while I was happy they were in the movie, they didn't get any lines or particularly clever uses of their powers. Evan Peters simply had more to do, a more solid script (despite technically having more characters to juggle than AOU), and a breakout scene. AOU Quicksilver really didn't get a chance to shine.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

The (good) Quicksilver returns!

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As revealed in Uncanny Avengers #4, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff are indeed not the children of Magneto, but of humans Marya and Django Maximoff. I doubt this will ever get mentioned.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Personally, I liked Aaron Taylor-Johnson's version much more.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

if his father isn't Magneto than i don't really care. worst retcon EVER

zackattack93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that's why they killed off Pietro in AoU so that Evans quicksilver could be used more. Marvel has scarlet witch, Fox has quicksilver.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if there's any 80s songs about time that he could be listening to in this movie.

The SDCC trailer showed him wearing a Rush shirt. I ended up going on a huge Rush binge because of it.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even understand what that move from Marvel was supposed to be. If it was just to show that FOX won that "character war" then they could have made him die before and that be the reason for Wanda to hate Stark. But perhaps I only see it that way because I don't particularly care what character's appear in the movies...

Good to see him back, I liked his Quicksilver.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: Yea, I think Marvel realized that Quicksilver isn't interesting if he isn't Magneto's son, and that's why they killed him off. At least with Scarlet Witch they can use her relationship with Vision and her trouble controlling her powers to keep her interesting.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

I think that's why they killed off Pietro in AoU so that Evans quicksilver could be used more. Marvel has scarlet witch, Fox has quicksilver.

@donmeca2020: Yea, I think Marvel realized that Quicksilver isn't interesting if he isn't Magneto's son, and that's why they killed him off. At least with Scarlet Witch they can use her relationship with Vision and her trouble controlling her powers to keep her interesting.

I'm glad they did this. To me, Quicksilver has more potential in X-Men and Wanda can do more in Avengers with Vision.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

Kind of a shame, because Aaron Taylor-Johnson did pretty well in other roles. I think the treatment of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver was largely uninspired, and while I was happy they were in the movie, they didn't get any lines or particularly clever uses of their powers. Evan Peters simply had more to do, a more solid script (despite technically having more characters to juggle than AOU), and a breakout scene. AOU Quicksilver really didn't get a chance to shine.

the guy from AOU barely spoke, and just didnt give me that quicksilver feeling with him..... evan here also has a pretty good acting background considering he is in every american horror story series. i think he also fits the look better too.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Cloakx14

this is my favorite version of Quicksilver. i hated the Aou Quicksilver he came off as annoying.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Well magneto being his father, itself was a retcon......so.............. yeah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOU Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were lame as fk.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead: Well magneto being his father, itself was a retcon......so.............. yeah.

true, but it had become such a big part of both their characters since then

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Quicksilver solos

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By HexThis

They have to at least mention Wanda! She does exist in that universe, this much we know.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that rare moment when the movie is truer to character than the source lol

lebefrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU Quicksilver was obviously a plot device and little more; these characters shouldn't even be compared. He was a throw away to unite the team around a fallen ally.

And for good reason. It's hard to talk about DoFP without focusing on their Quicksilver. His Magneto breakout is probably going to stand as one of the most iconic comic movie moments of our time, and for good reason. It was amazing, the best speedster use by far. I dare them to top it, and I look forward to the attempt.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet the AOU portrayal was more comic accurate

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@donmeca2020 said:

i don't think so.... why because he was wearing a blue colored outfit? LMFAO he had no remote likeness to the comic version of quicksilver other then the color of his clothing. at least with evan peters he had the young guy with white/greyish hair look and even had more of speaking role then the other guy.

On a side note, at least the olsen twins little sister did well as Scarlet Witch.

BubbaDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, the DoFP made better use of quicksilver than AOU did. Aaron Taylor Johnson is a pretty good actor from what I've seen.

AOU just didn't care enough about the twins, and even less Quicksilver than Scarlet Witch. I still loved the movie though.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally liked AoU QS more, but both were great.

elam1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, we didn't have Maury in the 80s, so shiiieet, good luck for him I guess...

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's funny how when the first image Evans as Quicksilver popped up for the last X-Movie, the internet blew up and hated on him. Now people are calling him the "real" Quicksilver! Oh Internet, you fickle little girl you!

But I'm glad that they kinda confirmed that Peter is Erik's son, after only implying it in the previous movie. Should be an interesting dynamic.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

which is impossible.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

People really don't see what happened?

Marvel took Scarlet and killed off Quicksilver, while Fox took Quicksilver and made no point of Scarlet. I feel like this must have been some agreement they came to.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@donmeca2020 said:

i don't think so.... why because he was wearing a blue colored outfit? LMFAO he had no remote likeness to the comic version of quicksilver other then the color of his clothing. at least with evan peters he had the young guy with white/greyish hair look and even had more of speaking role then the other guy.

On a side note, at least the olsen twins little sister did well as Scarlet Witch.

No. Because he was a jerk, and a foreign accent, actually had his sister to play his over protective brother role off of, better Hair, AND a blue colored costume. :)