• 53 results
#1 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

Since no one seems to be covering on this crossover event, (mainly because people don't care about this crossover event) I'll sum it up.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ THIS CROSSOVER.........

Since it's over... some good, bad, and really interesting things have come out of it. The only reason I was reading this crossover was because 1. I was rather enjoying X-Treme X-Men (and since this event was going to cancel it I wanted to read it), 2. It had some of my favorite characters playing various roles in this event, and 3. Since I was a loyal fan to Uncanny X-Force, I wanted to know the fate of AoA Nightcrawler!

The good news:

Dazzler and Sage are back in the 616 universe! Finally. I'm glad that Dazzler had a chance to get a new light shed upon her character. She developed herself as a great leader in the X-Treme X-Men series. It's been awhile since she got any real attention, (even though a veteran member of the X-Men she was often treated in the past decade like a new member amongst the team) and I'm glad she's gotten to really experience something beneficial and life-changing. At the end when she's relaxing on the beach, she doesn't seem like the same character as when she left over a year ago (you'd think someone would notice her absence). She got an offer to join Cyclops' forces during X-Treme X-Men and now got an invite to join Wolverine's faculty... so it'd be interesting to see where she stands in all of this (plus what's she gonna think when she learns of Prof. X's death at the hands of a possessed Cyclops).

As for Sage... let me get this out of my system... FIIIIINNNAAALLLYYYYY!!!! It's been what, 7 years or so since we last seen her. Everyone was always teasing at how they wanted to bring her back (mainly Remender in Uncanny X-Force) but finally she's back (and brought back in a nice transitional way). Her addition to the X-treme X-Men was invaluable, and I guess the writer's decided to push her telepathy part of her powers a little bit (which doesn't offend me). Since she played an integral part in the X-treme X-Men and this crossover, I hope she doesn't fade into the background now that it's over.

As for other good news... members from the X-Treme X-Men, gay-Howlett and Corporeal Cyclops, are now residing here in this universe, but taking a break/vacation off to Greece since Howlett's boyfriend, Hercules, died in battle. Prophet is the only member from the X-Terminated to be "rescued" from the AoA universe (against his wishes) aside from Harper Simmons, the journalist from Uncanny X-Force and the X-Terminated who was brought back to his home reality too.

The bad news:

I'm sadden to see Kid Nightcrawler die... I really wanted him to survive and live in the 616 universe (cause we need some sort of Nightcrawler) but he died heroically so that's all that matters. Another bad note was how the members of the X-Terminated (I didn't read the Age of Apocalypse series so I'm not so attached to them) all got killed, as if they were cannon fodder. Fans of their series and their characters probably felt a little disappointed at how that component fell out. Also the whole crossover as a whole felt extremely rushed from beginning to end. I often found myself confused... The story felt a little convoluted. But the biggest thing that annoyed me was the Astonishing X-Men's appearance. They were not needed at all in this crossover (Wolverine, Gambit, Iceman, Northstar, and Karma) aside from Northstar actually able to through some punches at the main antagonists, their presence was not needed. Even Wolverine didn't bring anything to the table besides a little emotion. And can Dark Beast die already... he's getting a little boring. That leads in to the topic of X-Men creative teams utilizing old villains in current stories, but we all need to just move on already. Also, with two X-titles cancelled following this crossover event (X-Treme X-Men and Age of Apocalypse) I wonder what will take their spots, if anything should.

The interesting news:

The way Prophet, Sage, Jean Grey, etc. keep deliberating back and forth throughout the crossover about how to fix things was at times annoying but interesting to say the least. AoA Nightcrawler's sacrifice was also very noble of him. BAMFing a portal shut is a big deal. But the biggest thing that caught my interest was when Dark Beast broke his "ice-cuffs" (you'd think they restrain him better) and grab ahold of Iceman, who AoA Nightcrawler was trying to transport to the 616 universe, and insert inside of Iceman a death seed nugget. The preview cover for Astonishing X-Men #62 shows a two sided Iceman... Dark Iceman anyone!? If something of this would to happen, at least Iceman would get some type of attention.

So this was a little review/discussion about the crossover and the future of the characters/concepts. What did you guys who read the crossover (or my quick review) think about what has panned out!?

#2 Posted by choadius (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt care for it much, but then ive never read x-treme x-men so i was a bit confused. glad prophet made it out, i really liked him in the ongoing age of apocalypse book that recently ended. itll be interesting when he bumps into the x-men in his new home, who know him as an enemy

#3 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@choadius said:

I didnt care for it much, but then ive never read x-treme x-men so i was a bit confused. glad prophet made it out, i really liked him in the ongoing age of apocalypse book that recently ended. itll be interesting when he bumps into the x-men in his new home, who know him as an enemy

Would be funny if Elixir bumped into him on the street!

#4 Posted by McKlayn (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, (just a random idea here however) that they used this cross over (and the entire reason Astonishing was involved ) As kind of a Merger, they culled alot of the weaker characters but i would assume alot of the more popular characters in each title will continue on a 616 X men team that will be featured in Astonishing, my guess? Something to the affect of

Northstar, Prophet, Sage, Dazzler, Karma, Iceman, Gambit Maybe either Cyclops or Wolverine from Xtreme or at least that would be the pool they picked from, maybe a few others join other titles but yea I could see Prophet even leading this team, with Sage and Northstar maybe then Dazzler will go the way of 616 Cyclops lol

#5 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cyclops </3.

And no, we do not need another Kurt in this universe unless TJ has something to do with it--his character is completely stale. Small wonder why they killed him off in SC, and in this event.

#6 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

A;SLKDJF;ALSKDJF;LASKDJF SAGE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Edited by Dernman (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Nightcrawler was awesome. I wish he could have been saved and he could have been a great replacement since 616 Nightcrawler is dead. Never liked the AOA Nightcrawler. There were other members of X-Terminated team that I would like to have been saved. At least one of their deaths were stupid and pointless. I have no interest in the another Cyclops or Wolverine running around the 616 universe and I hope to never see them again. I really wonder how Prophet will fit into this world and what his role will be. It would be stupid to save him just to have nothing to do with him later on.

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

I think, (just a random idea here however) that they used this cross over (and the entire reason Astonishing was involved ) As kind of a Merger, they culled alot of the weaker characters but i would assume alot of the more popular characters in each title will continue on a 616 X men team that will be featured in Astonishing,

I think that's exactly what they did.

Like, oh these are our three worst selling X-men books, let's just take the best stuff from each and try to make a more popular one. That much seemed obvious before the crossover even started, which is a bit sad.

But at least they brought back Sage.

#9 Posted by KingHellion (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I was suprised at how much I enjoyed the event. And I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I really would like the X-treme X-men's Cyclops to take over the Basilisk persona and possibly join Dazzler working for S.h.i.e.l.d. in the Uncanny X-men title.

#10 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I read some of it in the wrong order, so that like...not good. But it was a really good event. I got really attached to Horror Show.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22695 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a horrible way to end X-treme X-men and believe that all of the characters left from AoA and X-treme are promptly going back to limbo

#12 Posted by McKlayn (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: i doubt they all will, i do believe that some will (mainly wolverine & cyclops from Xtreme x men, especially cyclops do we relaly need 3 of him in 616?!?!) but i am sure Prophet, Sage and Dazzler will be put into use (granted two of them are from 616 to start with but they are considered characters from X treme so they count lol) I have already seen plans for Dazzler some what involved in Uncanny, i would imagine both Prophet and Sage fit into Astonishing (god i hope the title improves lol)

#13 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

I think, (just a random idea here however) that they used this cross over (and the entire reason Astonishing was involved ) As kind of a Merger, they culled alot of the weaker characters but i would assume alot of the more popular characters in each title will continue on a 616 X men team that will be featured in Astonishing,

Like, oh these are our three worst selling X-men books, let's just take the best stuff from each and try to make a more popular one. That much seemed obvious before the crossover even started, which is a bit sad.

That wasn't the case at all... they wanted to tie the series together (since two series were ending, instead of just ending them they transitioned them nicely), conclude the fate of AoA Nightcrawler, bring Dazzler and Sage home, incorporate Prophet somehow, and establish a new plot involving Iceman and Dark Beast, so they planned it well (executed it badly in my opinion) but it wasn't like they all sat at a table and said "let's bring all the struggling X-titles together, conclude two, and focus on making a better one afterwards."

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a horrible way to end X-treme X-men and believe that all of the characters left from AoA and X-treme are promptly going back to limbo

Hopefully not... I didn't follow the AoA title but I assume fans weren't too pleased by the way the characters were handled!

#15 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4911 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

That wasn't the case at all... they wanted to tie the series together (since two series were ending, instead of just ending them they transitioned them nicely), conclude the fate of AoA Nightcrawler, bring Dazzler and Sage home, incorporate Prophet somehow, and establish a new plot involving Iceman and Dark Beast, so they planned it well (executed it badly in my opinion) but it wasn't like they all sat at a table and said "let's bring all the struggling X-titles together, conclude two, and focus on making a better one afterwards."

okay, sure.

#16 Posted by Dernman (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

@madame_mist: I liked him also and thought the way he died was really stupid. I get he knew he was going to die and wanted to slow the bad guy down but he was so out of his league that he was barely acknowledged .

I was suprised at how much I enjoyed the event. And I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I really would like the X-treme X-men's Cyclops to take over the Basilisk persona and possibly join Dazzler working for S.h.i.e.l.d. in the Uncanny X-men title.

Why would he work for S.H.I.E.L.D.? He would more likely side with the other Scott.

#17 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know why I didn't hear anything about this event at all on ComicVine. I also want to know what was the plot or dilemma of the story anyways.

Lastly who is Kid Nightcrawler? What happened to AOA Nightcrawler?

From reading your quick recap, I am not interested, I feel like I didn't miss anything, and only care about AOA Nightcrawler (which isn't saying much since I disliked him on X-Force. He was totally selfish.)

#18 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

I want to know why I didn't hear anything about this event at all on ComicVine. I also want to know what was the plot or dilemma of the story anyways.

From reading your quick recap, I am not interested, I feel like I didn't miss anything, and only care about AOA Nightcrawler (which isn't saying much since I disliked him on X-Force. He was totally selfish.)

Ok... so here's a bit more detailed summary of the event:

Feeling alone, betrayed and homesick, AoA Nightcrawler sought out Dark Beast to transport him back to the AoA universe so he could escape all that has happened here in the 616 world, he felt that he didn't do justice in the name of his wife. So when Dark Beast and AoA Nightcrawler went to a Dreaming Celestial (which happen to be conveniently located in a park) to try and use it to get back to the AoA. Well something went wrong, the Astonishing X-Men showed up (Wolverine, Gambit, Northstar, Karma, and Iceman) and they ended up in the AoA universe only they tore a prison-like chamber that was holding three universe monsters that could consume worlds. The reason why the prison was so weak was because of the X-Treme X-Men (don't know if you've been following that series or not but they would go world-hopping to kill evil Xavier's) weakened it with their endeavors. So the X-Terminated (the "heroes" of the AoA universe including a depowered Jean Grey and Sabretooth), the X-Treme X-Men (Dazzler, Sage, an alternate Kid Nightcrawler, an alternate gay Wolverine known as Howlett, an alternate gay Hercules, Corporeal Summers "black-Cyclops", and a floating Xavier head in a jar) and the Astonishing X-Men decided to fight the monsters only to lead to the death of a few X-Terminated members and the Xavier head. One of the monsters then traveled through the portal to the 616 universe, so Sage, Wolverine, Karma, Northstar, and a few others went to the 616 universe to try and fight it. The monster ended up killing the Dreaming Celestial. Meanwhile back in the AoA universe, Jean Grey and friends decided to get the Apocalypse seed so they can transform Jean Grey into a powerful being to combat the monsters. More members of the X-Terminated died, Hercules died by being too long in contact with a monster, and Kid Nightcrawler died teleporting the 616 monster to the AoA universe. The crew manage to find the Apocalypse seed, only for it to be taken by Dark Beast to try and use it. The seed rejected Dark Beast knocking him unconscious. Jean transformed and began to hold her own until an army of these monsters came through the portal. AoA Nightcrawler (seeing a new purpose) decided to teleport the remaining members (Dazzler, iceman, Corp Cyclops, etc) to safety in the 616 universe, along with a reluctant Prophet (the leader of the X-Terminated and only survivor of his team). While teleporting Iceman, Dark Beast awoke and grabbed ahold of Iceman, inserting a death seed within him. All of this while Jean Grey continues to fight the monsters. Sage and AoA Nightcrawler then figure out that they can trap the monsters in the AoA universe forever if they cut-off the portal (like tying off an umbilical cord), but it would kill AoA Nightcrawler. Knowing this heroic sacrifice, AoA Nigthcrawler cuts-off the portal by teleporting it which kills him. Eveyone is happy they survived, Wolverine delivers Dazzler a place amongst his staff, Howlett and Corp Cyclops go off to Greece, and Prophet is seen hanging at the beach where Dazzler seems to be also remembering her fallen comrades.

So that's basically it in a nutshell (maybe I should have just done a full-scale review on the event!).

#19 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

Ok... so here's a bit more detailed summary of the event:

Feeling alone, betrayed and homesick, AoA Nightcrawler sought out Dark Beast to transport him back to the AoA universe so he could escape all that has happened here in the 616 world, he felt that he didn't do justice in the name of his wife. So when Dark Beast and AoA Nightcrawler went to a Dreaming Celestial (which happen to be conveniently located in a park) to try and use it to get back to the AoA. Well something went wrong, the Astonishing X-Men showed up (Wolverine, Gambit, Northstar, Karma, and Iceman) and they ended up in the AoA universe only they tore a prison-like chamber that was holding three universe monsters that could consume worlds. The reason why the prison was so weak was because of the X-Treme X-Men (don't know if you've been following that series or not but they would go world-hopping to kill evil Xavier's) weakened it with their endeavors. So the X-Terminated (the "heroes" of the AoA universe including a depowered Jean Grey and Sabretooth), the X-Treme X-Men (Dazzler, Sage, an alternate Kid Nightcrawler, an alternate gay Wolverine known as Howlett, an alternate gay Hercules, Corporeal Summers "black-Cyclops", and a floating Xavier head in a jar) and the Astonishing X-Men decided to fight the monsters only to lead to the death of a few X-Terminated members and the Xavier head. One of the monsters then traveled through the portal to the 616 universe, so Sage, Wolverine, Karma, Northstar, and a few others went to the 616 universe to try and fight it. The monster ended up killing the Dreaming Celestial. Meanwhile back in the AoA universe, Jean Grey and friends decided to get the Apocalypse seed so they can transform Jean Grey into a powerful being to combat the monsters. More members of the X-Terminated died, Hercules died by being too long in contact with a monster, and Kid Nightcrawler died teleporting the 616 monster to the AoA universe. The crew manage to find the Apocalypse seed, only for it to be taken by Dark Beast to try and use it. The seed rejected Dark Beast knocking him unconscious. Jean transformed and began to hold her own until an army of these monsters came through the portal. AoA Nightcrawler (seeing a new purpose) decided to teleport the remaining members (Dazzler, iceman, Corp Cyclops, etc) to safety in the 616 universe, along with a reluctant Prophet (the leader of the X-Terminated and only survivor of his team). While teleporting Iceman, Dark Beast awoke and grabbed ahold of Iceman, inserting a death seed within him. All of this while Jean Grey continues to fight the monsters. Sage and AoA Nightcrawler then figure out that they can trap the monsters in the AoA universe forever if they cut-off the portal (like tying off an umbilical cord), but it would kill AoA Nightcrawler. Knowing this heroic sacrifice, AoA Nigthcrawler cuts-off the portal by teleporting it which kills him. Eveyone is happy they survived, Wolverine delivers Dazzler a place amongst his staff, Howlett and Corp Cyclops go off to Greece, and Prophet is seen hanging at the beach where Dazzler seems to be also remembering her fallen comrades.

So that's basically it in a nutshell (maybe I should have just done a full-scale review on the event!).

Good job summarizing it! This event seemed unnecessary and I don't think having alternate reality versions of the same character floating around is ever a good thing.

#20 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a terrible, terrible story.

Everything that was set up in X-Treme X-Men and, especially, Age of Apocalypse was trashed.

AWFUL.

#21 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a terrible, terrible story.

Everything that was set up in X-Treme X-Men and, especially, Age of Apocalypse was trashed.

AWFUL.

Hey we got Dazzler and Sage back... it wasn't a complete throw-away!

@phoenixofthetides: Thanks. I believe they should have perished alongside the others... they would have been more memorable that way!

#22 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992

Thank you so much for your replying. I appreciate the time you spent, but I still have questions.

One why did AoA Nightcrawler feel alone? What happened with him and Mystique? I just looked at Black Cyclops he looks terrible with that facial hair. I actually like Howlett so I think it's good he survived.

What happened to Dark Beast?

I think Astonishing X-Men were there simply to fill in for the Uncanny X-Force.

#23 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio
@m3th said:

@papad1992

Thank you so much for your replying. I appreciate the time you spent, but I still have questions.

One why did AoA Nightcrawler feel alone? What happened with him and Mystique? I just looked at Black Cyclops he looks terrible with that facial hair. I actually like Howlett so I think it's good he survived.

What happened to Dark Beast?

I think Astonishing X-Men were there simply to fill in for the Uncanny X-Force.

AoA Nightcrawler felt alone because he betrayed the only team (Uncanny X-Force) that helped and assisted him in his quest to find AoA Iceman and AoA Blob. Also, the way he killed AoA Blob (the murderer of Kurt's wife) was too savage and unjust. In addition, he felt like he abandoned his home world. So it was a combination of these factors that made him feel alone and longing for the return to his homeworld to escape what he had done here in the 616. Don't know if you read Black Cyclops but he comes off a little bit like our Cyclops, and Howlett is ok too, but they shouldn't have survived unless they were vital for a story coming up (instead of just venturing off to Greece).

When I mentioned Dark Beast grabbing Iceman right before AoA Nightcrawler was about to transport him back to our world and inserting the death seed within Iceman, when they appeared back in the 616 universe, he was knocked unconscious by Gambit. And I assumed taken away by either the X-Men or SHIELD.

Astonishing X-Men's role was very small, in that they played second (not even... third) banana in this crossover. Each member had something "happen" to them, to say the least. Iceman assisted in finding the Apocalypse seed and got the death seed inserted in him (future storyline), Karma tried to communicate with the monsters but was overwhelmed and almost killed, Gambit provided some dialogue and knocked Dark Beast unconscious, Nothstar was the only one who managed to hurt the monsters and continued to do so sparingly, and Wolverine had a little team-up with Howlett for a few panels and got the emotional popped tear when AoA Nightcrawler said I'm sorry. That's it. But yeah... the only reason they were there was because Uncanny X-Force disbanded and the writers wanted some closure between him and AoA nightcrawler and also they wanted some interaction with the team finding their world''s Dazzler and Sage.

#24 Edited by choadius (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: "Also, the way he killed AoA Blob (the murderer of Kurt's wife) was too savage and unjust."

I wouldn't call it unjust (the fat son of a bitch did eat his wife after all), but it was certainly savage, and definitely one of the more creative deaths in a whole series of death-dealing. could anything be too savage for someone who ate your wife? not for me. i think aoa nightcrawler wanted to go home because there was nothing left for him to do in 'our' world (with aoa blob and aoa iceman dead), besides that fact he was ashamed of his betrayal of x-force.

btw, was x-treme cyclops supposed to be black? i didn't realize that. and x-treme wolverine was gay? huh. well i suppose if xavier is a floating head and cyclops a member of a different race, a gay logan isn't much of a stretch. maybe i should check out x-treme x-men. any standout issues or story lines come to mind? how many issues did that series run for anyway?

p.s. i'm just getting back into comics after a decade long hiatus. please excuse my ignorance.

edit: elixir would be one of many that would be gunning for prophet, that's for sure. he (his 616 counterpart anyway) was responsible for blowing up that bus of de-powered mutant kids after house of m, wasn't he? i might be remembering that one wrong.

#25 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@choadius said:

@papad1992: "Also, the way he killed AoA Blob (the murderer of Kurt's wife) was too savage and unjust."

I wouldn't call it unjust (the fat son of a bitch did eat his wife after all), but it was certainly savage, and definitely one of the more creative deaths in a whole series of death-dealing. could anything be too savage for someone who ate your wife? not for me. i think aoa nightcrawler wanted to go home because there was nothing left for him to do in 'our' world (with aoa blob and aoa iceman dead), besides that fact he was ashamed of his betrayal of x-force.

btw, was x-treme cyclops supposed to be black? i didn't realize that. and x-treme wolverine was gay? huh. well i suppose if xavier is a floating head and cyclops a member of a different race, a gay logan isn't much of a stretch. maybe i should check out x-treme x-men. any standout issues or story lines come to mind? how many issues did that series run for anyway?

p.s. i'm just getting back into comics after a decade long hiatus. please excuse my ignorance.

edit: elixir would be one of many that would be gunning for prophet, that's for sure. he (his 616 counterpart anyway) was responsible for blowing up that bus of de-powered mutant kids after house of m, wasn't he? i might be remembering that one wrong.

Well letting the man that kill your wife die savagely is a bit too much (at least for Wolverine... he didn't like that). AoA Nightcrawler also wanted to kill Sugar Man and Dark Beast but was fed up and tired.

And yes X-Treme X-Men Cyclops is black, and X-Treme X-Men Howlett is gay... the series as a whole had mixed reviews in my book but was ok to say the least. Check out the X-Treme X-Men volume page here.

And writer's aren't creative enough now to remember Elixir and Stryker's quarrel... they're not even keeping track of where they misplaced Elixir! The guy has been missing for years after Second Coming. (Besides that little Wolverine story awhile back).

#26 Edited by fodigg (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not like that X-Treme X-Men basically ends in a crossover with books I don't care about. At least, as far as important characters to the book are concerned.

#27 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me what became of AoA Cyclops during X-Termination..? Also, does anyone know if more stories set in the AoA will be told even though the book was cancelled?

#28 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

what happened to jean grey and does anyone know what the graphic novel of this would be called??????

#29 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont get it why would the 616 universe need a gay wolverine if they already have a wolverine???and now they have three cyclopses (black, young and old)

#30 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone tell me what became of AoA Cyclops during X-Termination..? Also, does anyone know if more stories set in the AoA will be told even though the book was cancelled?

Um seeing as how the AoA universe is now being used as a prison to hold these intergalactic monsters now (and also completely destroyed)... I don't think we'll be revisiting that world again.

#31 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

what happened to jean grey and does anyone know what the graphic novel of this would be called??????

I think it was implied that she "sacrificed" herself to save others. The AoA world has now become an intergalactic prison for those monsters. Last time we saw her was when she knocked out Prophet so AoA Nightcralwer could teleport him to the 616 universe so he would be saved (because he wanted to stay and watch his world die). And I don't know when it will come out as a graphic novel.

#32 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesposito7 said:

Um seeing as how the AoA universe is now being used as a prison to hold these intergalactic monsters now (and also completely destroyed)... I don't think we'll be revisiting that world again.

Alright, thanks. Can you shed some light on what happened to AoA Cyclops?

#33 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

yay know i dont have to buy it

#34 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@sesposito7 said:

Alright, thanks. Can you shed some light on what happened to AoA Cyclops?

Don't know... he wasn't in the story!

#35 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992:

isnt it wierd how jean grey and sage came back nearly at the same time....hmm 0.o

#36 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by captain_oblivious (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Dazzler and Sage are back in the 616 universe!

Though mutants are coming back to the 616 universe, it doesn't seem the X-Men really kept track of people, much less their teammates. I saw a preview of X-Termination and Wolverine mentions seeing Dazzler and she comments "Yeah, I've been gone for such-and-such a time". I got kind of annoyed it seemed with how mutants are an endangered species, nobody kept in contact with anyone. With the villains they have, you would think there would be some more concern when someone's out of touch for any length of time (see also Avengers Arena).

#38 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Dazzler and Sage are back in the 616 universe!

Though mutants are coming back to the 616 universe, it doesn't seem the X-Men really kept track of people, much less their teammates. I saw a preview of X-Termination and Wolverine mentions seeing Dazzler and she comments "Yeah, I've been gone for such-and-such a time". I got kind of annoyed it seemed with how mutants are an endangered species, nobody kept in contact with anyone. With the villains they have, you would think there would be some more concern when someone's out of touch for any length of time (see also Avengers Arena).

It still surprises me at why no one is looking for those kids in Avengers Arena.... but anyways.... Have you read either X-Treme X-Men or the X-Termination crossover (besides that little preview)!?

#39 Posted by Teerack (7372 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad because it will hopefully get Dazzler into a book I do read.

#40 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

X-Treme X-Men was ok from time to time just not GREAT!

#41 Edited by Teerack (7372 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

I hope Dazzler ends up in that new X-Men book coming out with all ladies.

#42 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

I was hoping that too... along with Sage!

#43 Edited by Teerack (7372 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

Sage has one of the best butts in comics o///o

#44 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

XD

I blame the skin-tight, leather bound, black from head to toe, suit she wears... THANK YOU!!!

#45 Posted by Teerack (7372 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

@papad1992 said:

@teerack said:

XD

I blame the skin-tight, leather bound, black from head to toe, suit she wears... THANK YOU!!!

I wish thes BEST X-Men female would come back :(

Danger aint got nuthing on Omega Sentinel.

#46 Edited by frochez (194 posts) - - Show Bio

I always regretted not getting into X-treme X-men. It was such a cool idea, but I was never able to pick it up because of limited funds. I might try and pick up the trades, though. And I'm glad that they've kept gay Wolverine alive; we need more badass gay characters.

I don't really get why there's this sudden obsession in the x-books with Apocalypse and death seeds. It was interesting in Uncanny X-froce at first, but now it just seems like an excuse to turn good characters evil, or make established villains more powerful so that they're a series threat. The strange thing is that everybody seems to forget that Gambit was Death in the past, and so presumably has a death seed growing inside him, too. So why hasn't he become the new Apocalypse yet?

#47 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack:

OH!!!!!! Don't even get me started on Omega Sentinel!! She was one of my favorite X-characters, then all of a sudden (in exactly two issues) she went from being incorporated again as a character (and adding Random was pretty... random) to becoming a death machine and "killed"... that pissed me off!!!! Those two issues were pointless and redundant.

#48 Edited by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@frochez said:

I always regretted not getting into X-treme X-men. It was such a cool idea, but I was never able to pick it up because of limited funds. I might try and pick up the trades, though. And I'm glad that they've kept gay Wolverine alive; we need more badass gay characters.

I don't really get why there's this sudden obsession in the x-books with Apocalypse and death seeds. It was interesting in Uncanny X-froce at first, but now it just seems like an excuse to turn good characters evil, or make established villains more powerful so that they're a series threat. The strange thing is that everybody seems to forget that Gambit was Death in the past, and so presumably has a death seed growing inside him, too. So why hasn't he become the new Apocalypse yet?

If you read Astonishing X-Men #62... Gambit mentions his Apocalypse persona as a joke to Iceman (who's now infected with one)... oh and Polaris was there too cracking a joke about her Apocalypse time too... pretty random stuff but it's details like those which anger fans!

#49 Edited by captain_oblivious (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Until TPBs come out, I'm stuck with previews, reviews, and wikis. My budget's limited for what I can spend on comics (mainly spider-man).

#50 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Until TPBs come out, I'm stuck with previews, reviews, and wikis. My budget's limited for what I can spend on comics (mainly spider-man).

Well seeing as how Dazzler has been in space hoping around from one world to the next and Sage has been missing for like seven years, I'd say it's hard to keep in contact with your friends/"family". Still I know it doesn't excuse the fact that they've been missing and no one seems to do a little investigating into their whereabouts (especially Sage's). It was Cyclops who got Dazzler in that whole mess anyways, I just want to see her reaction when she realizes what has happened here in the 616 world. And for Sage, I think Psylocke was the last person to see her alive in Exiles, so it'd be interesting to see if Sage connects with Psylocke (either joining X-Force, which I think she should, or appearing in Brian Wood's upcoming all female X-Men series) and what that experience would be like.