• 56 results
#1 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is your favourite Mutant Teleporter?

And why.

I ask because there seems to be many. I just caught up on an assortment of X-Men books and Pixie, Blink and Arial were all featured here and there, all with teleporting powers.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

AoA Blink! She's a complete BAMF and an incredibly intriguing character. I miss her V___V

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

AoA Blink! She's a complete BAMF and an incredibly intriguing character. I miss her V___V

That is Nightcrawler's word! Don't use it when talking about a lesser character!

Nightcrawler is the best teleporter, not best teleporting mutant, just plain best teleporter period.

#4 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Was this you?

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: No, but it is completely true.

#6 Posted by Saren (24415 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean people with teleportation as their main power or people who can also teleport as well? I ask because Legion can teleport billions of miles into space, so......technically his teleportation is superior to Nightcrawler's.

#7 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Do you mean people with teleportation as their main power or people who can also teleport as well? I ask because Legion can teleport billions of miles into space, so......technically his teleportation is superior to Nightcrawler's.

Well, both, kind of. More along the lines of characters that are notable for their teleportation. Pixie has other magic back she is mainly used as a teleporter. Blink is known for her teleportation, as Arial is (their main powers). Nightcrawler, though being a skilled fighter, is the same.

Legion has most conceivable powers, but he doesn't quite fit the criteria.

#8 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446 said:

@Decoy Elite: Was this you?

Whenever nightcrawler teleports the sound effect in my mind doesn't sound like bamf, it sounds like a quick low volume high pitch voice saying bad ass mother f'er

#9 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps: Haha!

#10 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

This is your favorite, not who has the best teleporting. :P

#11 Posted by Saren (24415 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@CitizenBane said:

This is your favorite, not who has the best teleporting. :P

Still Legion then!

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: That's fine with me.

You can like lesser characters all you want. :P

#13 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

magik is the one best teleport around, than pixie. Night Crawler is outclassed

#14 Posted by Invisible_Witch (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Blink from the AOA

#15 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Invisible_Witch said:

Blink from the AOA

#16 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

Nightcrawler is never outclassed.

Magik can have all the time travel she wants and Pixie all the range and mass carrying but Kurt is still cooler. XD

My Proof

I think it was a rubbish issue actually, but it reminds Kurt why he's awesome and that's good enough for me. lol

#17 Posted by SC (11995 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Skool Vanisher with the silk pajama's and bad bad man attitude. Ariel is up there too. Exiles Blink I heart.  

Gateway is probably my fave. After U-Go Girl.

#18 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Exiles Blink

#19 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

Old Skool Vanisher with the silk pajama's and bad bad man attitude. Ariel is up there too. Exiles Blink I heart. Gateway is probably my fave. After U-Go Girl.

Hahaha, I love that guy ^_^

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's look at the most popular mutant teleporters...

1. Nightcrawler

2. Blink

3. Pixie

4. Magik

5. Lila Cheney

6. Vanisher

7. Ariel

8. Cloak (don't know if he counts though...)

9. Deadpool (him too)

10. U-Go-Girl

11. Shatterstar

They're the top mutants I can think of... but I'm still on the fence about Deadpool and Cloak's classification!!!

Out of all those characters:

The longest range of teleportation goes to either Blink, Ariel, or Lila Cheney!!

Best use of teleportation goes to Nightcrawler of course!!

#21 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

SHOAL IS!

#22 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Cloak ( soooo underused)

Then Blink

than the master of the BAMF

#23 Posted by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloak isn't a mutant is he? Or were the drugs just the catalyst to his power?

Cable count as a teleporter?

Anyway, BAMF!

#24 Posted by Aero_gt (838 posts) - - Show Bio

night crawler is the most popular but the lesser characters are um... still alive so... kurt is out classed. besides teleporting is a secondary power its like being able to fly as your main power.magick is much more dangerous and badass. pixie is next. then cloak. then blink. then hellion. then the fuzzy dude.

#25 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler

#26 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
Wolverine and the X-Men #4

@Maniac2312 said:

Cloak isn't a mutant is he? Or were the drugs just the catalyst to his power?

Cable count as a teleporter?

Anyway, BAMF!

No, he isn't. He's like Spidey; a mutate, but not a mutant.

If Cable counts, then so does Deadpool. They both relied on external tech to teleport :)

Bamfs! :)

#27 Posted by BloodTalon (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

That is Nightcrawler's word! Don't use it when talking about a lesser character!

Nightcrawler is the best teleporter, not best teleporting mutant, just plain best teleporter period.

This

#28 Posted by BloodTalon (413 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer said:

@moywar700 said:

Nightcrawler is never outclassed.

Magik can have all the time travel she wants and Pixie all the range and mass carrying but Kurt is still cooler. XD

My Proof

I think it was a rubbish issue actually, but it reminds Kurt why he's awesome and that's good enough for me. lol

and this.

Incase my opinion was not clear Nightcrawler is a bad ass mother f@$^*er "BAMF"

#29 Edited by Maniac2312 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: That's what I thought about Cloak and Deadpool, which is why I added Cable to the list. If Deadpool counts then so should Cable. The only reason Cloak is even on the list is cause some writer decided to put him and Dagger on the team for some reason.

#30 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Need I say more?

Illyana Rasputin ; Magik
#31 Posted by noggin_the_nog (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler is the best teleporter ever. He may not be the fastest or have the longest range but he does it with style! Cloak's pretty awesome as well though, and yes, he is a teleporter.

#32 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

TELFORD PORTER

#33 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawle is just simply the best out of all of them.

#34 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio
AOA Blink
#35 Edited by chiq (1802 posts) - - Show Bio

time travel, dimensional travel, great distances, large number of objects, versatility and precision. Great teleporter for combat situations.

blink, kurt and legion are also cool.

#36 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I really need to remind people of THIS?! =O

#37 Posted by Thunderscream (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler is the first image that pops into any comic reader's mind as an example of a teleporter, but I really love how versatile Magik's stepping disks are. She gets my vote :)

#38 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

1. Nightcrawler

2. Blink

3. Pixie

4. Magik

5. Lila Cheney

6. Vanisher

7. Ariel

9. Deadpool (him too)

10. U-Go-Girl

11. Shatterstar

They're the top mutants I can think of... but I'm still on the fence about Deadpool and Cloak's classification!!!

The longest range of teleportation goes to either Blink, Ariel, or Lila Cheney!!

Nice list. I'd still include Gateway and Legion. And if you are looking at mutants, that new fellow in the Avengers, Manifold, is a teleporter too. Personally my fave is Nightcrawler too.

#39 Posted by JROCK72 (399 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT ABOUT NOCTURNE????

#40 Posted by Jake Fury (17928 posts) - - Show Bio

Ariel's 80s costume was the best:

#41 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler is still the best.

#42 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

blink - a character that grew from a shy little girl to a confident kick-butt leader

pixie-i just like her more and more lol

nightcrawler- first teleporter i knew about, he's a classic

vanisher- i like vzz sound , like a old tv changing channels

#43 Posted by McKlayn (1011 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

1. Nightcrawler

2. Blink

3. Pixie

4. Magik

5. Lila Cheney

6. Vanisher

7. Ariel

9. Deadpool (him too)

10. U-Go-Girl

11. Shatterstar

Nice list. I'd still include Gateway and Legion. And if you are looking at mutants, that new fellow in the Avengers, Manifold, is a teleporter too. Personally my fave is Nightcrawler too.

Wow how can I have forgotten Gateway? Manifold counts too. But Legion is iffy to me.

#45 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite teleporter is Nightcrawler...

But Magik can teleport through space and time, so I'm thinking that makes her the most powerful. At teleporting.

Also, I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned Iceman, although I guess he can really only teleport himself without probably killing the other person(s)

Also, also, is it true that Jubilee can teleport now because she's a vampire? because that's kind of awesome.

#46 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm amazed by the amount of teleporters the X-Men are associated with.

#47 Posted by Silver_Raven (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone else like it if Nightcrawler came back with as an more powerful teleporter?!

I think him having a connection to the Brimstone dimension might allow for him to be as skilled as Magik is with her connection to Limbo.

#48 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anyone else like it if Nightcrawler came back with as an more powerful teleporter?!

I think him having a connection to the Brimstone dimension might allow for him to be as skilled as Magik is with her connection to Limbo.

Nightcrawler's one of those characters who's kind of perfect being not the most powerful, that is, I don't think making him more powerful would make him any more interesting.

A lot of what I like about the character is that his powers are more subtle. He can't just swoop in and save the whole team, he has to be a bit crafty. I think this is part of what makes him distinct, that his personality has developed at least partially from originally feeling inferior to others, fearing that he was not brave or powerful enough to save his teammates if they needed him.

This is probably what lead him to take on so many practical skill sets like being the team's combat medic, mechanic, pilot, and, of course, expert swordsman. Not the flashiest roles to put a superhero in, but still impressive that he seems to be one of the only characters to learn them all. I dunno, I guess I just liked him the way he was.

#49 Posted by Silver_Raven (350 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven said:

Nightcrawler's one of those characters who's kind of perfect being not the most powerful, that is, I don't think making him more powerful would make him any more interesting.

A lot of what I like about the character is that his powers are more subtle. He can't just swoop in and save the whole team, he has to be a bit crafty. I think this is part of what makes him distinct, that his personality has developed at least partially from originally feeling inferior to others, fearing that he was not brave or powerful enough to save his teammates if they needed him.

This is probably what lead him to take on so many practical skill sets like being the team's combat medic, mechanic, pilot, and, of course, expert swordsman. Not the flashiest roles to put a superhero in, but still impressive that he seems to be one of the only characters to learn them all. I dunno, I guess I just liked him the way he was.

I understand this but at the same time when he comes back I am hoping he will be changed and not return as the same character he was for all those decades. And as much as some people might have hated the introduction of Azazel as his demonic father at least it gave his character some kind of development after years of stagnation and under use.

Evolution is part of the X-men's M.O. so maybe that might involve a power upgrade or new outlook on life after his resurrection. I know I would prefer him to have a wider ranger of his teleportation and perhaps an ability to teleport objects to himself. He may have been the best teleporter of his day but over the years others have outclassed him and they even made a story about that, with Pixie of all people showing him up. He deserved much better than he got before his passing. Maybe this new Nigtcrawler might get his due.

#50 Posted by oldnightcrawler (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand this but at the same time when he comes back I am hoping he will be changed and not return as the same character he was for all those decades. And as much as some people might have hated the introduction of Azazel as his demonic father at least it gave his character some kind of development after years of stagnation and under use.

personally, I didn't hate the whole Azazel thing, I just wasn't a fan of the story it was revealed in (The Draco?).

The backstory, of Azazel and Mystique, I actually quite liked. It seemed like an old myth or folktale; which, besides being cool in and of itself, seemed like an appropriate story for Nightcrawler to be the product of.

Honestly, I never got tired of Nightcrawler, though I admit that between being featured in some mediocre stories and generally delegated to the background of most other stories, I can see why people would.

Evolution is part of the X-men's M.O. so maybe that might involve a power upgrade or new outlook on life after his resurrection. I know I would prefer him to have a wider ranger of his teleportation and perhaps an ability to teleport objects to himself. He may have been the best teleporter of his day but over the years others have outclassed him and they even made a story about that, with Pixie of all people showing him up. He deserved much better than he got before his passing. Maybe this new Nigtcrawler might get his due.

I don't think a character needs to become more powerful to be more interesting. For Nightcrawler, more than anything else, it's his personality that makes him interesting. And, I would even argue that his most interesting feature is his ongoing personal journey to become a better person, more than anything to do with his powers.

I like his powers, they're distinct even now, and still have a lot of potential for more lateral story telling. But I'd take Nightcrawler with no powers over most characters, regardless of how powerful they are.