• 81 results
#51 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me wonder how everything's gonna be like in, say, 7 years from now...(if we live that long).

#52 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

My ultimate pet peeve is killing off characters just to bring them back to life later.

So I am very bothered by the fact that Nightcrawler is back.
And I am even more bothered by the fact that Rogue is dead-- and she will be back soon. For pete sake the X-men haven't even addressed that she died. So you know she will be back soon.

#53 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

My ultimate pet peeve is killing off characters just to bring them back to life later.

And I am even more bothered by the fact that Rogue is dead-- and she will be back soon. For pete sake the X-men haven't even addressed that she died. So you know she will be back soon.

That what's getting on my nerves about the current stories lately, death is so cheap that you don't actually feel any fear of your character dying because you know that they will come back soon anyway.

#54 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

That what's getting on my nerves about the current stories lately, death is so cheap that you don't actually feel any fear of your character dying because you know that they will come back soon anyway.

RIGHT!^ I actually prefer characters to stay dead. And only kill characters off with sound reason. There is really not much point in bringing Nightcrawler back imo. Especially when we have other teleporters Marvel should focus more on: Blink, Magik. Pixie, and Nocturne. I like Nightcrawler, but I felt the X-men were fine without him.

#55 Edited by AuldWolf (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just bumping this because it still burns me up inside how badly Beast was mutilated by Bendis.

The Beast Morrison gave us was a three-dimensional character, an interesting dichotomy about the entanglement of the primal and the intellectual, and how Hank McCoy felt about both. It gave us a more introverted, insightful, analytical Beast. The thing is is that Beast was always supposed to be a scientist, but Morrison gave us the first Beast that we could actually believe was one. Other writers continued with that trend -- including Ellis, Whedon, Fraction, and even Gillen.

For the first time, Beast was a frontrunner, an important character and not just the hired muscle. And his disconnection from more extroverted social scenes along with his scathing wit for socialites made him a very appreciable character that introverts like myself could identify with. He'd blossomed from a blue, bouncing, blithe, bloke-bimbo into something genuinely special.

Bendis didn't understand any of that, though. It went over his head. I always felt that Bendis was very low-brow and writes for the lowest-common-denominator, looking at his tumblr and how he insecurely damns writers more intelligent than he is (Moore, Morrison, and others) pretty much confirmed any hunches I had about him. The problem with Bendis is that he's unable to write an intelligent character, he's never done it, because he actually isn't intelligent. Does anyone remember his Doctor Doom?

So, Bendis furrowed his brow at the brilliant, three-dimensional genius character that Morrison had given us, that Ellis had improved upon, and threw a wobbly. He wasn't having none of that high-brow BS, oh no sir. He wanted a thicko Beast, and so Hank McCoy became just the hired muscle again. Blithe, empty-headed, and essentially a blue hulk with a wit that not even my construction worker uncle-in-law would think of as being particularly clever. Great.

I long for the old, introverted, intelligent Beast. The Beast that wasn't just hired muscle. The Beast who was a believable genius. I want him back. Just because Bendis is thick, it doesn't mean that Beast has to be thick too, does it? If so, why? I really want to know. I truly miss that clever take on Beast. You really have no idea. It was of a rare sort of vision that doesn't often bless mainstream comics.

Everything about Marvel Now has been horrible. Even the devolution of Tony Stark and how he's become such a technophobe, shying away from his Extremis and Bleeding Edge advancements. It's awful.

It's like Bendis put his foot down and demanded that Marvel comics must never try to appeal to someone with an IQ over 50. And now that's law.

Can we just rewind Marvel Now and pretend it never happened?

I doubt that'll ever happen, eh? But still, I can dream.

R.I.P. The real McCoy, you were an inspiration to intelligent introverts everywhere.

#56 Posted by Rickbarry (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a minute since I've bought a marvel title since this whole Marvel Now shake up happened. 'Course I do have some hope that the Amazing X-men comic and it's more classic line up makes me buy something again. Three months without a single comic purchase. Whatever will I do with my nerd dollars?!

#57 Posted by HAWK2916 (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

@auldwolf: Awesome post. I think we may be long lost siblings lol.

#58 Edited by Koays (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@auldwolf: Where did Bendis do all this damage to Beast? (Genuinely asking) He completely under uses his Beast in All New...so was this before Marvel Now?

#59 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@auldwolf: not disagreeing with you're point about Bendis, I like many of his stories, but, as you say, it's hard to write a believable genius if you aren't one and most comic book writers just aren't.

But I think you're giving too much credit to Morrison when you say

"The Beast Morrison gave us was a three-dimensional character, an interesting dichotomy about the entanglement of the primal and the intellectual, and how Hank McCoy felt about both. It gave us a more introverted, insightful, analytical Beast. The thing is is that Beast was always supposed to be a scientist, but Morrison gave us the first Beast that we could actually believe was one. Other writers continued with that trend -- including Ellis, Whedon, Fraction, and even Gillen.

For the first time, Beast was a frontrunner, an important character and not just the hired muscle. And his disconnection from more extroverted social scenes along with his scathing wit for socialites made him a very appreciable character that introverts like myself could identify with. He'd blossomed from a blue, bouncing, blithe, bloke-bimbo into something genuinely special"

While I agree that Morrison had a decent understanding of what was interesting about the Beast's character, I don't think he totally reinvented the wheel. Growing up reading Beast in the 90's he was far more than "hired muscle", being Xavier's real right-hand-man and even leading the team at different points when Cyclops wasn't on the team.

As for being a scientist, his major arc through most of the 90's was trying to cure the Legacy virus; that he wasn't ultimately successful himself doesn't make him a worse scientist in itself. Certainly Morrison appreciated how central Beast's role had been, but he'd been a crucial part of Xavier and Cyclops' inner circle for years by that point.

#60 Posted by jonesy10 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Basically Bendis has turned Hank McCoy into an impotent mad scientist. This extends to all three versions he has given us. And like every other character in Bendis' X-Universe, he's also sexually frustrated. Again, we have the idea that Jean is perfect and unattainable and it's implied that Hank bent the rules of time and space so he could pine away at his old crush. Or something like that. Which is why I have retcons of established relationships. Anyone who followed Claremont and Morrison X-Men knows that Hank and Jean are best friends and deeply respectful of each other. The problem with Bendis is that he only understands male/female relations from a sexual POV. He has no idea that people get together for reasons other than hormones. What can you say about the lame/incompetent mutants he features in UXM? The healer dude lusts after the Cuckoos. The fat one basically a non entity. The skinny one who vaguely turns into other people (wtf kind of power is that?) is also a non entity. Hijack? Who cares? Tempus could be interesting because her powers are cool, but all we know of her is she's Aussie and has a knucklehead for a brother. Do these people have parents or friends? Are we to believe to these people would drop them just because they are mutants? These questions of integration, which have always been central to the X-Men mission, are completely and utterly ignored by Bendis. He hasnt' bothered to give the UXM team an external threat to bring them out of their seclusion. The closest we get is Scott's speech at the university and then....nothing. He rather conveniently uses Magik as their personal "mutant greyhound" to teleport them in and out of trouble. Oh, and if anyone gets killed on his watch, he's got a healer for that. Therefore we have no consequences. SHIELD has conveniently become super stupid, allowing a known terrorist to impersonate an agent and generally letting Maria Hill get owned by Cyclops at every turn.

And the reasons all of these characters act this way is because the man writing them is narrow minded. Then again, I think we're seeing the backlash to Grant Morrison and Peter Milligan, who each gave us ideas of what the X-Men could be. Marvel has spent the last nine years undoing the things they disliked about Morrison's run. We still have to put up with Scott/Emma despite the fact that they shouldn't still be together. They kept the Cuckoos and Quentin Quire, sexing up the teen girls and making Quire significantly more cool, having forgotten the trauma of death and enlightenment. Gone is anything that might me yucky. No more Ernst, U-Men, Beak, or low class Angel. They're far to creepy for the Hollywood mutants. Better to have the generically appealing Armor and Wing, one dimensional enemies like 'Danger' and the incredibly one note Breakworld. And while we are at it, let's dispense with intelligence and wit, what we need is 'snark', immaturity, and no consequences.

#61 Posted by Koays (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonesy10 said:

Basically Bendis has turned Hank McCoy into an impotent mad scientist. This extends to all three versions he has given us. And like every other character in Bendis' X-Universe, he's also sexually frustrated. Again, we have the idea that Jean is perfect and unattainable and it's implied that Hank bent the rules of time and space so he could pine away at his old crush. Or something like that. Which is why I have retcons of established relationships. Anyone who followed Claremont and Morrison X-Men knows that Hank and Jean are best friends and deeply respectful of each other. The problem with Bendis is that he only understands male/female relations from a sexual POV. He has no idea that people get together for reasons other than hormones. What can you say about the lame/incompetent mutants he features in UXM? The healer dude lusts after the Cuckoos. The fat one basically a non entity. The skinny one who vaguely turns into other people (wtf kind of power is that?) is also a non entity. Hijack? Who cares? Tempus could be interesting because her powers are cool, but all we know of her is she's Aussie and has a knucklehead for a brother. Do these people have parents or friends? Are we to believe to these people would drop them just because they are mutants? These questions of integration, which have always been central to the X-Men mission, are completely and utterly ignored by Bendis. He hasnt' bothered to give the UXM team an external threat to bring them out of their seclusion. The closest we get is Scott's speech at the university and then....nothing. He rather conveniently uses Magik as their personal "mutant greyhound" to teleport them in and out of trouble. Oh, and if anyone gets killed on his watch, he's got a healer for that. Therefore we have no consequences. SHIELD has conveniently become super stupid, allowing a known terrorist to impersonate an agent and generally letting Maria Hill get owned by Cyclops at every turn.

And the reasons all of these characters act this way is because the man writing them is narrow minded. Then again, I think we're seeing the backlash to Grant Morrison and Peter Milligan, who each gave us ideas of what the X-Men could be. Marvel has spent the last nine years undoing the things they disliked about Morrison's run. We still have to put up with Scott/Emma despite the fact that they shouldn't still be together. They kept the Cuckoos and Quentin Quire, sexing up the teen girls and making Quire significantly more cool, having forgotten the trauma of death and enlightenment. Gone is anything that might me yucky. No more Ernst, U-Men, Beak, or low class Angel. They're far to creepy for the Hollywood mutants. Better to have the generically appealing Armor and Wing, one dimensional enemies like 'Danger' and the incredibly one note Breakworld. And while we are at it, let's dispense with intelligence and wit, what we need is 'snark', immaturity, and no consequences.

Wow....where to even start.

1. While your view of Hank Mccoy may have some merit. It's still mostly conjecture, as we haven't seen any evidence aside from a stray thought of "what if?" in one issue that is very realistic considering at one point he and all the other X-men males at the time did have a thing for Jean as teenagers. I don't see how a stray thought considering the possibility of being in a relationship with a close friend of the opposite gender makes him "impotent". Also what Retcons?
2.You comment about "only understanding male and female relationships from a sexual pov" is ironic because you immediately disavowed the fact that we spent an issue meeting the friends and/or family of all of the recruits except Triage, and considered them "non factors" if they weren't "lusting" after someone. So i strongly believe your wrong here because the only mutant who's life hasn't been explored in Uncanny is Triage, and his issues being ignored is a running joke.
3. The Uncanny X-Men fought against Shield because the external threat of Dark Beast was manipulating them into thinking shield was sending sentinels after them...though you may not be caught up on the latest issues. Also implying that they have no consequences is completely wrong when Dazzler, Cyke/Emma/Magik and Maria Hill are all currently experiencing the consequences of decisions made before or after the series.
4. Mystique has infiltrated Shield before, and Shield has always been portrayed as either near omnipotent or laughingly ineffective. But we see at least three times that the moment the X-men let their guard down Shield is on them within seconds so they can't be that ineffective really.
5.And this is what i really have a problem with in your post. Ignoring the similarities of the roles that Bendis and Morrison had within the X-Men; You don't seem to see that everything about X-Men in the last decade has evolved in some way from the work Morrison did. Whedon was inspired by Morrison's run. Broo and most of the other JGS student body resemble Morrisons depiction of mutants. Aaron's run on WatX(and i can't believe im defending that) had Toad and Husk which was very similar to Angel and Beak. And then there's the greater world building that occurred after Morrion's run that is only possible because of his run. Without Morrison expanding the mutant race we wouldn't have had the story of the mutants fall to near extinction and there battle and eventual return to prominence. Without Morrison's characterization of Scott we wouldn't have experienced the re-invigoration of his character as he stepped out of the victim role he had throughout it and into a leadership role once again. EVERYTHING we currently have was built on top of Morrison, not in-spite of him and the world would be very lacking if they hadn't.....and i'm not even a fan of his run.
6. Wing died....so much for Hollywood. And i don't find Danger one dimensional considering her existence was ignored. And THEN after she got past that she had a character arc focusing on her feelings of people being imprisoned, despite the fact that she was the warden.
7. The fact is that Morrison is a world builder, just like Bendis. Generally the complaints about them are going to be (and usually are) very much the same when it comes to their new characters, new conflicts, new interactions. But to say that you like one for something and then complain about the other doing something similar is laughable when you consider that Beak was very much a predictable character(likeable or not) while much the same can be said about shapeshifting member of Uncanny...who you shrugged off.

#62 Posted by Psy_chrometer (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor x men. I do feel bad how they were treated after avx. The whole avx thing was stuped. I never understood how this tragedy end up being so unexplain and on favor to the Avengers. Shame shame shame.

#63 Posted by HAWK2916 (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I never really thought about the similarities between Bendis and Morrison but you're right and you make some good points here. I happen to be one of those people who don't think Morrison was that great either, in fact some of my issues with Bendis are in some ways similar to my issues with Morrison.

I do happen to think that in some ways the Marvel Now! thing has hurt the xmen. While I enjoy different teams with different purposes and agendas, the storytelling centered around whatever angst dividing them is over for me. Its not as if the Schism was done well to begin with.

Something that would change my whole outlook on Bendis and this current state, and make me freely admit how wrong I was on every board, was a recent piece I read over at bleedingcool. Not to promote another site, in fact I think it may actually be a video on youtube. But they are having a discussion, in two parts really, and its entitled The Great Cyclops Conspiracy of 2014. Some of the ideas proposed in that speculation are awesome actually and if that or some variation of it is what Bendis and the big wigs at Marvel have in mind, then I stand corrected on every criticism Ive had (except the stuff about the incompetent Aaron lol). In fact what is proposed in the article and video is something along the lines of an idea that I've put to paper but never tried to do any fan-fic writing because Im an idea guy and not a writer. All Im saying is check it out if you havent. It would certainly change my whole perspective if it were close to true

#64 Posted by Koays (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: I never really thought about the similarities between Bendis and Morrison but you're right and you make some good points here. I happen to be one of those people who don't think Morrison was that great either, in fact some of my issues with Bendis are in some ways similar to my issues with Morrison.

I do happen to think that in some ways the Marvel Now! thing has hurt the xmen. While I enjoy different teams with different purposes and agendas, the storytelling centered around whatever angst dividing them is over for me. Its not as if the Schism was done well to begin with.

Something that would change my whole outlook on Bendis and this current state, and make me freely admit how wrong I was on every board, was a recent piece I read over at bleedingcool. Not to promote another site, in fact I think it may actually be a video on youtube. But they are having a discussion, in two parts really, and its entitled The Great Cyclops Conspiracy of 2014. Some of the ideas proposed in that speculation are awesome actually and if that or some variation of it is what Bendis and the big wigs at Marvel have in mind, then I stand corrected on every criticism Ive had (except the stuff about the incompetent Aaron lol). In fact what is proposed in the article and video is something along the lines of an idea that I've put to paper but never tried to do any fan-fic writing because Im an idea guy and not a writer. All Im saying is check it out if you havent. It would certainly change my whole perspective if it were close to true

Yea it's hard to dislike one and not the other. I mean unless were talking writing style or quality, they pretty much play the same part....shaping things and shaking things up, and generally they do it in similar ways.

I genuinely think that we've taken an up swing, but looking back Marvel Now was actually a bit of downward slump for X-books...i mean just compare the best books then to the best books now. An idk if you noticed it also, but it seems like the rampant hatred between factions died down a lot when Aaron left. We still get shots here and there but there's not as much "I hate Scott be the writers says so"...i mean Beast even gave us a reason for once....so progress?

Lol I was sort of just breezing through the article right up until they made the point that I realized 1. there's been a lot of flashbacks and redraws of old X-books lately. and 2. we never got any reason AT ALL for Dark Beast to attack Scott. And reading it with the conspiracy in mind makes it seem like he was almost scared/angry at Scott for something he was going to do rather then anything Scott could've done to him in the past. Everything starts making sense once you realize how many evil entities are crossing paths with Scott's mind.

Seriously if anything the youtube vid deserves a thread man.

#65 Posted by HAWK2916 (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays: I might just create one. I'd love to get people's take on it. I might post my storyline which is somewhat similar as well.

#66 Edited by HAWK2916 (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonesy10: I tend to agree with your assessment of Beast under the current crop of writrs' pens. Personally I have always argued against the premise for All New Xmen. One of the reasons is the portrayal of Beast. It makes him out to be some petty and silly mad scientist more concerned with embarrassing his foe and searching for the " I'm sorry o wise one, how can I ever regain your favor my lord" type apology as opposed to just fixing the damned problem.

For me at least it would be more conceivable for Hank to have traveled back in time to try and stop/change the current circumstances in order to save one of his oldest friends and his mentor. Then possibly having something go wrong and thrust him into the past with the O5. Perhaps the time-travel has taken a toll on him physically and mentally and he babbles about the events from the time he has left and the O5 in their curiosity of what seems unbelievable as well as trying to help him travel to the present. To me that premise or something similar doesn't discredit Beast and make him seem petty in the extreme. And of course that would be an arc not a whole book. The book could be them going back with the knowledge of the future and how that changes them and their surroundings, thus possibly creating an alternate universe where the old stories can be retold somewhat similar to what the ultimate line was supposed to be.

#67 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

For me at least it would be more conceivable for Hank to have traveled back in time to try and stop/change the current circumstances in order to save one of his oldest friends and his mentor. Then possibly having something go wrong and thrust him into the past with the O5. Perhaps the time-travel has taken a toll on him physically and mentally and he babbles about the events from the time he has left and the O5 in their curiosity of what seems unbelievable as well as trying to help him travel to the present. To me that premise or something similar doesn't discredit Beast and make him seem petty in the extreme. And of course that would be an arc not a whole book. The book could be them going back with the knowledge of the future and how that changes them and their surroundings, thus possibly creating an alternate universe where the old stories can be retold somewhat similar to what the ultimate line was supposed to be.

I think that probably would have been more interesting, too.

#68 Edited by Neghead (472 posts) - - Show Bio

[Post removed at author's discretion.]

#70 Edited by rodwell (83 posts) - - Show Bio

The x-men are not ruined, maybe they have become divided, but it has made for such an interesting story line. There are so many exciting new x-books out at the moment, I dont understand how people can be hating on the current era. Sure not ever series is good. But ive never wanted to buy so many x-books. Love all the solos, Storm, Magneto, Cyclops, and even Night crawler.

#71 Posted by Fredcdobbs (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I just feel they have no real goal at the moment, would like to see them being more proactive instead of just reacting to stuff that happens to them. I don't mean in the militant Scott way though. Fed up with all the constant infighting as well.

#72 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: as for the Thunderbolts, I have a feeling that we will see the old team soon, or something similar with maybe Songbird involved, since the current run is ending and they talked about a completely different relaunch. I miss Moonstone and I'm so looking forward to her return.

As for the X-Men, well I love many characters in the franchise but currently I'm enjoying the Avengers more, and this is quite sad.

#73 Posted by ImpurestCheese (6056 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by HexThis (924 posts) - - Show Bio

It was before Marvel NOW!, really. I think removing Genosha from the equation was actually a big mistake, had it remained they could've used it the way "Wolverine and the X-men" (the cartoon) did. Joe Quesada had it destroyed because there were "too many mutants" but with Genosha, the mutants were still a people rather than a militaristic island of elite superheroes starting civil wars every week. If the X-men were the bridge between Genosha and America, the neutral force between the two, then they would've had more to do. Also, Magneto wouldn't have had to have gone bad then be retconned into being Xorn, the House of M could've had a different context and a more lasting effect, and characters like Mystique who should be more anti-heroes would have a playground to work with. Killing Jean was another mistake because, frankly, Messiah Complex and Second Coming weren't really that good and neither was the Sisterhood arc because it was all about filling the void Jean left with inadequate substitutes and annoying misleads. Killing Xavier twice and having him exiled polarized and divided the fans because it led to Scott running the show and the X-men ceasing to be a team and/or family and more of an army. Also, let's face it, as popular as Wolverine is, his character was never meant to be a leader. He did just fine as the scrapper of any team he belonged to, it made no sense to make him a more defining leader of the X-men than Storm or Beast or Jean.

I sometimes think 616 needs a partial-crisis. Not a complete reboot, just a cataclysmic event that resolves some cases of neglect and mismanagement. Another House of M but one that adds to the franchises, not just reduces.

#75 Posted by boschePG (2705 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: @veitha: I really dont like the Marvel Now reboot. Its aligned more to the movie audience, which I understand, but it had a chance to fix any perceived screw ups before Marvel Now.

#76 Posted by HAWK2916 (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

@hexthis: Some interesting points you make there. I'm pretty much in agreement with this.

I also agree with @boschepg

#77 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

@impurestcheese: @veitha: I really dont like the Marvel Now reboot. Its aligned more to the movie audience, which I understand, but it had a chance to fix any perceived screw ups before Marvel Now.

I like everything not X-men related in the reboot, to be honest. Except for Magneto, that is gold IMO.

What we got in the X-Men is the terrible Logan/Storm's relationship(really, Ororo? Really?), Jeen Grey bitching everywhere(I've had enough of her and the O5, kill them or send them back to the past. Or send Bendis to another timeline, it's the same.), Rachel Grey reduced to a mourning wallpaper-ish girl(who fell with John Sublime. John. Sublime), Emma Frost reduced to the Bendis-kind of bad girl(meeeh*starts crying*), Firestar thrown in the X-Franchise with no reason or need(she can go back to Spider Man and his Amazing Friends), Logan turned into a caring father figure(bleaargh), Nigthcrawler brought back in the worst possible way, a guy who throws golden balls becomes one of the main characters of the flagship X-Book(with more lines/spotlight than Emma Frost, damn!), Mystique becoming a true whore who now has children everywhere and who is Married to Charles Xavier(Emma's reaction in Uncanny X-Men is everything I need to say about this....).

Too many problems, they should change the writers of the entire X-Universe. Bring Hickman, Remender, Spencer, give David a big book and send Bendis to DC Comics. I'm very disappointed about Wood. He was so good! What the heck happened to his book!

In the Avengers/FF franchise stuff is better IMO. Uncanny Avengers, Secret Avengers, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers and Young Avengers, Dark Avengers are/were beautiful titles. Cap is gold, Thor is pure gold, Captain Marvel is fine and the other various solo titles are perfect(Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Black Widow, Elektra, Moon Knight...). Fantastic Four by Robison is very, very cool.

#78 Posted by Vitalius (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is All hate Mutant Scapegoat because writters want him to be. He killed Professor X and broke the power of some mutants because of influence of Phoenix Force. And Uncanny and All New X-men, he continues to be a good person and he is using his fame to fight Mutant issue in new different way.

@impurestcheese: Agreed. The team is like Rogue Avengers something sometimes to make a team popular and there is awful issues and some doesnt make sense in terms of plot. P.S I also like Songbird i think that she appear on some issues of Superior Spiderman, another awful series.

#79 Posted by fridric (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree it sux! After Morrison there's nothing X-traordinary which happened to the X-family!

#80 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4963 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people say Marvel is trying to sabotage the X-Men on behalf of Disney since they don't own the movie rights. This seems far fetched, but Marvel's new Avengers Now line up is made entirely of members Disney owns the rights to, and does not feature Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, or any members of the X-Men, meaning we know that Marvel is more then willing to make accommodations for Disney.

#81 Posted by phisigmatau (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people say Marvel is trying to sabotage the X-Men on behalf of Disney since they don't own the movie rights. This seems far fetched, but Marvel's new Avengers Now line up is made entirely of members Disney owns the rights to, and does not feature Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, or any members of the X-Men, meaning we know that Marvel is more then willing to make accommodations for Disney.

wow

whatta insult to Thor

#82 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@boschepg said:

I like everything not X-men related in the reboot, to be honest. Except for Magneto, that is gold IMO.

What we got in the X-Men is the terrible Logan/Storm's relationship(really, Ororo? Really?), Jeen Grey bitching everywhere(I've had enough of her and the O5, kill them or send them back to the past. Or send Bendis to another timeline, it's the same.), Rachel Grey reduced to a mourning wallpaper-ish girl(who fell with John Sublime. John. Sublime), Emma Frost reduced to the Bendis-kind of bad girl(meeeh*starts crying*), Firestar thrown in the X-Franchise with no reason or need(she can go back to Spider Man and his Amazing Friends), Logan turned into a caring father figure(bleaargh), Nigthcrawler brought back in the worst possible way, a guy who throws golden balls becomes one of the main characters of the flagship X-Book(with more lines/spotlight than Emma Frost, damn!), Mystique becoming a true whore who now has children everywhere and who is Married to Charles Xavier(Emma's reaction in Uncanny X-Men is everything I need to say about this....).

Too many problems, they should change the writers of the entire X-Universe. Bring Hickman, Remender, Spencer, give David a big book and send Bendis to DC Comics. I'm very disappointed about Wood. He was so good! What the heck happened to his book!

In the Avengers/FF franchise stuff is better IMO. Uncanny Avengers, Secret Avengers, Mighty Avengers, New Avengers and Young Avengers, Dark Avengers are/were beautiful titles. Cap is gold, Thor is pure gold, Captain Marvel is fine and the other various solo titles are perfect(Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Black Widow, Elektra, Moon Knight...). Fantastic Four by Robison is very, very cool.

This encapsulates my feelings, as well. The X-Men just don't feel that fun to me, and the characters seem to be acting dumber than ever (and more ignorant of their own prior histories). I figure that someone is buying it, because Bendis and Co. would have been removed if the $$$ had gone down.

It's almost as if writers who actually liked their characters' previous histories are sent to the Fantastic Four and solo titles, and everyone else is just given the big name books to boost sales by putting their names on the covers. Mysterious...

#83 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: I just find it entertaining that Mickey Mouse is standing in front of hellfire. Like he's welcoming you to the Seven Circles of Hell.