TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrekGrey

How did you find X-Men: No More Humans?

I found weird (but great) the part when Young Jean Grey and the alternate Old Jean Grey were both the Phoenix.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a weird book. I thought it was fine until Jean/Been became the focus of another book.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you were referring to no more humans

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrekGrey
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was OK....I think it will fair better once we revisit the idea of the dimension filled with Alternate reality mutants and give the book a little more purpose then "Rule of Cool"

On its own its just OK. Though the moment Dark you know who descends was pure awesome in any other circumstance, but being burnt out on Phoenix stories and Teen Jean becoming a plot device out of nowhere sort of ruined even that twist.

More time shouldve been dedicated to the X-Men debating what life without humans would be like. That way when they show up with an army of X-Men it would've had more weight that they chose to side against the plan even with all the possibilities.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EC2277

I don't know what say: this return of Old Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix seems too much pseudo philosophical to me. But it also interesting and rather well write. I have to reread it before to have a definitive opinion about this story, but I think it could be a first step to redefine the role of Phoenix Force in the Marvel Universe and a clue about the role of the Original 5 in the present; the dialogue between Old Scot and Teen Jean at page 102.

In this moment I think it wasn't bad. Also it was pretty good.

This book in that point of the continuity should be placed?

I think between All New X-Men 30 and 31, because in ANXM 30 the X-Men fight against the the child of Wolverine and Mystique and 31 the Original 5 are displaced in the Ultimate Universe.

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: I don't know were it is in the timeline. But do you know if the Death of Wolverine happened before the dimension hopping?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trekgrey: Death of Wolverine is after this arc. They left for the Ultimate Verse while Kitty and Scott were going to read the Will which Wolverine was alive for.

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ah! Thanks! So: X-Men: No More Humans - Uncanny X-Men #24 - Death of Wolverine - All New X-Men #37 - Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy #2 - Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha - Avengers & X-Men: Axis?

I just don't understand why Teen Jean is the only O5 present in Axis, do you know why?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EC2277

@trekgrey: I think there is a problem of communication: evidently who write Axis don't know that Jean is in the Ultimate Universe. It shouldn't happen, but if they have a lot of job to do, it can happen.

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trekgrey said:

@koays: Ah! Thanks! So: X-Men: No More Humans - Uncanny X-Men #24 - Death of Wolverine - All New X-Men #37 - Death of Wolverine: The Logan Legacy #2 - Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha - Avengers & X-Men: Axis?

I just don't understand why Teen Jean is the only O5 present in Axis, do you know why?

Axis is before Black vortex continuity wise.

Teen Jean is there because of her current popularity/main character status. But i think Axis doesn't take place till the kids come back anyway.

We know Axis won't effect Uncanny until after the end of this arc, by which time the kids will be back in the 616.

TrekGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TrekGrey

@koays: Ok. Thanks, this it's truly helpful.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

It was OK....I think it will fair better once we revisit the idea of the dimension filled with Alternate reality mutants and give the book a little more purpose then "Rule of Cool"

On its own its just OK. Though the moment Dark you know who descends was pure awesome in any other circumstance, but being burnt out on Phoenix stories and Teen Jean becoming a plot device out of nowhere sort of ruined even that twist.

More time shouldve been dedicated to the X-Men debating what life without humans would be like. That way when they show up with an army of X-Men it would've had more weight that they chose to side against the plan even with all the possibilities.

jean grey a plot device?!?!?!?!? how dare you!!!!!!! thats only hope summers , lol.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked this up, like most I thought it was fine and I actually enjoyed most of it. Three points however:

1. The mutant called Lorelei with mesmerizing powers. Is she a straight up rip off of the Enchantress sister Lorelei from Thor?

2. The Phoenix fix was too easy. X-writers need stay away form that or if you go to that well to often it makes you look lazy.

3. This is pretty dramatic world event, even thou all the humans were spared we still have crashed planes, cars and other scenes of mass destruction. The world might not know Raze was behind it but you would think that every world government and super being (good and bad) would to get to the bottom of this and I don't want to even think about the religious implications that would be debated.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: Even the X-men didn't put much debate in over the subject. Before or after......would've been a much better event.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@earthsmightiest: Even the X-men didn't put much debate in over the subject. Before or after......would've been a much better event.

Exactly, the fall out of this event should have had a lingering effect on the X-men and the rest of the world ala God Loves Man Kills.

At the very least Reed Richards and Doom should shown up on the schools doorstep 2 days later with the Avengers and Shield in tow asking WTF happened!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earthsmightiest: it was way too low impact. And I get that it may not have been in the plan for this to be a talking point in all the books, but I feel like either within the context of this story at least things like Cyclops' position and the different factional and personal beliefs of the X-Men should've been brought up and discussed more.

I mean I like that they put things aside for this moment but they could've done so much more by exploring the impact instead of making it seem like an obvious good guy vs bad guy situation. Especially when the subject matter was such a hot button issue in the X-titles of the time.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It wasn't a bad idea... They used The Phoenix for an easy fix, whixh they have been doing from 2012 so... Kinda used to it...

I agree with the people before me who commented saying that the event should have been discussed more...

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that looks interesting. Sadly I haven't got this book yet. Looking forward to it though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#21 god_spawn  Moderator

It felt like to me what BotA was supposed to be with an AvX ending. It was the last bit that kind of lowered my opinion on it. Overall though, the book was solid. The artwork was pretty good. I thought the main villain was an interesting choice. I did a review on it somewhere in my blogs, but I rated it as a 6.5-7/10.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a waste of money... another tired phoenix story