X-Men experts help.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

What was the last time Scott Summers went to space BEFORE M-Day?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Astonishing X-Men.....where he was quite literally "in space"

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

@cattlebattle: Are you talking about the story where Cyclops didn't need his visor for a few issues? Because i thought that was after M-Day though i couldn't be totally wrong about that since I read Astonishing X-Men much later from when it first came out, so my perception on the timing of things is kind of wonky.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow.....this actually stumped me.

I know he led the team to go after Magneto when he stole nukes....idk if he's really gone back since.

.....though to my recollection nothing good ever happens to him when he's off planet...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fall of Avalon maybe?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. Kitty was with the X-men when House of M happened.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@cattlebattle: Are you talking about the story where Cyclops didn't need his visor for a few issues? Because i thought that was after M-Day though i couldn't be totally wrong about that since I read Astonishing X-Men much later from when it first came out, so my perception on the timing of things is kind of wonky.

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle said:

Nah. Kitty was with the X-men when House of M happened.

As far as I know Astonishing X-Men is before M-Day.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't be. Kitty was both times with the X-men, during HoM and Phoenix: Endsong.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle said:

Unstoppable takes place right before Messiah Complex. Kitty is there in the build up towards the event but isn't seen during the climax. That puts Scott's last time as something before Astonishing

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle said:

Unstoppable takes place right before Messiah Complex. Kitty is there in the build up towards the event but isn't seen during the climax. That puts Scott's last time as something before Astonishing

^^^^^

What this respectable expert said.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@koays said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle said:

How could his last time before something before Astonishing if he goes to space during Astonishing??

Most wikis and fictional chronological accounts place the Astonishing story line right before M-day...so yeah, I'm stickin' to me story.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@koays said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cattlebattle said:

How could his last time before something before Astonishing if he goes to space during Astonishing??

Most wikis and fictional chronological accounts place the Astonishing story line right before M-day...so yeah, I'm stickin' to me story.

Explain 2 things then. How was Kitty present during HoM and Phoenix: Endsong that states in the comic itself it takes place post M-day.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Explain 2 things then. How was Kitty present during HoM and Phoenix: Endsong that states in the comic itself it takes place post M-day.

Ask Marvel?? ;)

Seriously though, its really just bad editorial not keeping track of what takes place when and where. Seeing that Endsong and Astonishing are mini series that are considered canon and HoM is a line wide crossover in another reality, all this stuff essentially gets jumbled.

This is not the first time stuff like this has happened though, not in the slightest.

In the early 90s the "Days of Future Present" crossover is technically Gambits first appearance as he appears along Storm with the X-Men.....which is strange because he didn't even debut in "Uncanny" yet. It doesn't mean that event takes place before it, it just means the books came out in a strange sequence. This goes on a lot actually as I remember the original Miller/Claremont Wolverine series from the early 80s happening alongside a story arc where the X-Men were on Broodworld, however, the actual placement of the story takes place several months later when the X-Men are back home.....

Seeing as Kitty, uh, "dies" or whatever at the end of Astonishing and she is present in Endsong and HoM would suggest it's last in sequence. Also, the events of Whedons entire run are supposed to happen within a couple of days so it's unlikely that that story takes place after M-Day. It's just overall lack of communication between writers and whichever story arcs. It took Whedon like 6 years or something to finish that book and it sold well so they just started using that roster in the main titles.....in a similar stroke of confusion, World War hulk also technically takes place during Whedons run and Petey gets his hand broken....yet there is no mention of it in the Astonishing books.

I suppose it all comes down to whatever you consider what was canon, and when. It really is just sloppy continuity by Marvel overall, though, as I said, most wikis, which are primarily written and edited by fans have Astonishing as the X-Mens last hurrah before Decimation, hence, the last time Cyclops goes into space before M-day.....

Gosh, don't you just love the X-Men? You would have an easier time trying to understand quantum mechanics, lol.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask Marvel?? ;)

Seriously though, its really just bad editorial not keeping track of what takes place when and where. Seeing that Endsong and Astonishing are mini series that are considered canon and HoM is a line wide crossover in another reality, all this stuff essentially gets jumbled.

This is not the first time stuff like this has happened though, not in the slightest.

In the early 90s the "Days of Future Present" crossover is technically Gambits first appearance as he appears along Storm with the X-Men.....which is strange because he didn't even debut in "Uncanny" yet. It doesn't mean that event takes place before it, it just means the books came out in a strange sequence. This goes on a lot actually as I remember the original Miller/Claremont Wolverine series from the early 80s happening alongside a story arc where the X-Men were on Broodworld, however, the actual placement of the story takes place several months later when the X-Men are back home.....

Seeing as Kitty, uh, "dies" or whatever at the end of Astonishing and she is present in Endsong and HoM would suggest it's last in sequence. Also, the events of Whedons entire run are supposed to happen within a couple of days so it's unlikely that that story takes place after M-Day. It's just overall lack of communication between writers and whichever story arcs. It took Whedon like 6 years or something to finish that book and it sold well so they just started using that roster in the main titles.....in a similar stroke of confusion, World War hulk also technically takes place during Whedons run and Petey gets his hand broken....yet there is no mention of it in the Astonishing books.

I suppose it all comes down to whatever you consider what was canon, and when. It really is just sloppy continuity by Marvel overall, though, as I said, most wikis, which are primarily written and edited by fans have Astonishing as the X-Mens last hurrah before Decimation, hence, the last time Cyclops goes into space before M-day.....

Gosh, don't you just love the X-Men? You would have an easier time trying to understand quantum mechanics, lol.

Yep.... New readers friendly they say ha?