#1 Posted by amseaton (242 posts) - - Show Bio

If you had to choose, would you rather be a delta-level mutant, with a normal human appearance, but weaker powers that are narrowly applicable, though still controllable.

OR....

A gamma-level mutant with a powerful, uncontrollable, mutation that is sometimes sometimes useful but usually detrimental to living a normal life, such as a monstrously inhuman appearance that can't be switched off at will.

#2 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (979 posts) - - Show Bio

If i'm the only one or they are treated like marvel's mutants, i would be Cipher or something, if not, then nightcrawler <3

#3 Posted by amseaton (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianxeno929: Having a more useful and powerful mutation is extremely alluring!! But, not being able to hide from a society that hates/fears you would be awful.

I am torn.

#4 Posted by numi (276 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, I'll take the Gamma level. I don't like people much anyway.

#5 Posted by amseaton (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi said:

meh, I'll take the Gamma level. I don't like people much anyway.

I tend to dislike people as well.

#6 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4203 posts) - - Show Bio

@amseaton:

ill pick gamma. Does emma frost diamond form count as gamma???

#7 Edited by God_Spawn (38381 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#8 Posted by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

Delta. More useful IMO, practical, and manageable.

#9 Posted by dbatdog (548 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll take the gamma and bamf my way around :)

#10 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather be Delta level. I never liked the freaky looking mutants. But then again, I didn't even like the elves and dwarves in D&D :P.

#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10851 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler's powers would be awesome but I would probably take Callisto's or Sage's power. Enhanced human strength, speed, reflexes, senses, and power to instantly intuit the best way to defeat an opponent or problem would be pretty cool. Or to have a computer like mind like Sage and control technology,and have near unlimited mental storage capacity, instant recall of all memories and data, and compute with the speed better than a super computer would also be a pretty bad-a$$ power.

#12 Edited by adamTRMM (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Sage is delta, her mental abilities are kinda alpha, wasn' she a technopath? I would pick delta, luck like Domino's and I don't ask for more :)

#13 Edited by amseaton (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: The Marvel wikia has Sage classified as a delta.

#14 Edited by CheeseSticks (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino's luck for me.

#15 Posted by XsPectre28 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

id take Doug Ramspey?Cypher's Power anyday

#16 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8787 posts) - - Show Bio

defitley delta level mutant

#17 Posted by MN_Logan (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I would take Cypher's mutation in a heartbeat. Especially with that necrosha upgrade that makes him able to beast his whole team with a steel pipe.

#18 Posted by _Gaff_ (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

gamma

#19 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

@amseaton said:

A gamma-level mutant with a powerful, uncontrollable, mutation that is sometimes sometimes useful but usually detrimental to living a normal life, such as a monstrously inhuman appearance that can't be switched off at will.

my power would be like a psychic dark type power where i turn like into an orange thing. i would be able to read minds andhaunt you with your past mistakes, explode minds, shoot dark projectiles, healing factor and even tell your furture and make sure it does or doesn't happen.

i'd probably be a villain like LOKI.

so as soon as i'm done with the X-men, the avengers would be next.

#20 Posted by fisheypixels (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamma hands down. I don't want to be stuck with the ability to translate languages. That would be lame.

I guess Beast being my favorite character ever may have a part to do with it. But I'd rather have an awesome power and look different than look normal with a lame power.

#21 Edited by Cloakx14 (3994 posts) - - Show Bio

Delta. powers like rogue.

#22 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Fine with prodigy

#23 Posted by LP (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody would pick delta in real life. No one wants to look like a monster even most of the gamma mutants hate their appearance lol

#24 Edited by devilsgrin81 (756 posts) - - Show Bio

@amseaton said:

@adamtrmm: The Marvel wikia has Sage classified as a delta.

it does, but we know never to trust a Wikia. I'd put Sage in the Beta category. Not an Alpha, but she is probably the scariest person ever to wear an X. Formidable telepathy and a indomitable will. Cyberpathy with global range. I'm sorry thats not a minor power with only selective applicability. The Jump-Start thing she can do to potential mutants, or to force further mutation...