Will you be reading the X-Men Titles, after Secret Wars

• 94 results
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Poll Will you be reading the X-Men Titles, after Secret Wars (77 votes)

Yes 56%
No 14%
I will give the titles a try 30%

So the X-Titles, will be changing after Secret Wars :

There No Emma, No Kitty, No real Logan. Not Sure what role Cyclops and Beast will be playing in the X-Men titles. We know they will be appearing in Uncanny Inhumans. Magneto & Storm will be the new leaders of the X-Men.

These will be 2 main X-Men titles.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So guys, will you be reading the X-Men titles after Secret Wars. Please pick a option, that applies to you. Please give reasons for picking that option.

• 
time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

I voted Yes.

There No Rogue & Gambit again, which is annoying

There no real Jean or real Logan, which is very annoying.

But, I'm a fan of Magneto, Storm and Psylocke and both of these titles look interesting. Not thrilled that Humberto Ramos is the artists for Extraordinary X-Men title. Not thrilled about the Uncanny Inhumans role in the X-Men titles.

I will still be reading these titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I will be picking up Extra and Uncanny for sure. I'm not interested in Wolverine, Old Man Logan, or All-New X-Men(bleh), but I may give them a try if the reviews are good.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am going to try Extra at first. Maybe do uncanny if the reviews are solid

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only one I'm really interested in is Old Man Logan, but that has more to do with it being a Green Arrow reunion than anything.

I like Psylocke, but since I don't really like Bunn and hate Land's art, I'll pass on UXM.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I honestly dont know at this point. Some of these developments are really frustrating. No Cyclops, logan, Rogue or Gambit. No Rachel, Jubilee or New Mutants and Generation X. But yet we still have the O5 and teen Jean instead of the real Jean Grey. Its beyond irritating for me, so Im really thinking its time for me to exit. But i dont know... Uncanny is somewhat intriguing my only problem is in the inclusion of Sabretooth and Fantomex, which shouldn't sour me on a whole book but this years of frustration brewing so who knows.

Really kind of torn on this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I honestly dont know at this point. Some of these developments are really frustrating. No Cyclops, logan, Rogue or Gambit. No Rachel, Jubilee or New Mutants and Generation X.

Those characters aren't going anywhere in the long run, and I'm sure we'll see them pop up eventually.

But yet we still have the O5 and teen Jean instead of the real Jean Grey. Its beyond irritating for me, so Im really thinking its time for me to exit.

I don't see All-New X-Men selling very well with that creative team. Jeen and Bendis were the main draws(not sure why).

Uncanny is somewhat intriguing my only problem is in the inclusion of Sabretooth and Fantomex, which shouldn't sour me on a whole book but this years of frustration brewing so who knows.

Eh, Fantomex and Deadpool were in Uncanny X-Force and look how well that book did. I'd say it's worth giving a try.

Really kind of torn on this

This is usually the way it goes with superhero comics. Every 3 or 4 years we get an inspired writer/artist who give us a fantastic run; however, all the books in between range from decent to mediocre to bad. I try not to get frustrated because I know down the line we're gonna get another Astonishing X-Men or Uncanny X-Force. It's just a waiting game.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HAWK2916

@sprior93: While Uncanny X-force was great, Fantomex and Deadpool were actually down points for the book in my opinion at least. Deadpool not so much but the book would have been even better of Fantomex was replaced by Gambit or hell even Nate Grey or Chamber for that matter.

As far as the waiting game, it just seems like we have been and ill be waiting for a long time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@sprior93: While Uncanny X-force was great, Fantomex and Deadpool were actually down points for the book in my opinion at least. Deadpool not so much but the book would have been even better of Fantomex was replaced by Gambit or hell even Nate Grey or Chamber for that matter.

As far as the waiting game, it just seems like we have been and ill be waiting for a long time.

I agree, but I meant that the book was great regardless of those two. This could be the case with the upcoming Uncanny X-Men. Also, Bunn said the full cast hasn't been revealed yet and alluded to the line-up going through a sort of 'musical chairs'. This is wild speculation, but Sabretooth and Fantomex may not even be on the team after the first arc.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: God Bless you if you are right about this!!! lol

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@time: I'm apprehensive about Ramos and Land, but the writers interest me..

Bunn doing an X-men team with Magneto and Mystique seems like a no-brainer to me, so definitely Uncanny X-men..

I'm pumped to see Colossus and Magik back together on the main team, OM Logan's an awesome character, the team in general just looks solid, and I actually think I might like the Inhumans as X-men villains, so I'll try Extraordinary X-men..

..wait a second..

oh what! Beast isn't on either of these teams!

that's it, I quit X-men forever!

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no although, I am on the fence about all new since it at least seems like it might be a fun book to read. I like Magik a lot but the rest of the cast I do not care for in the slightest. Not really interested in the new Brotherhood either.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Friend on mine is supposed to be getting em. I'll read his. Curious about Extraordinary X-Men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Psylocke, Iceman, Magik and Collosus are still around so yes.

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely will be reading Uncanny, Extraordinary, and All-New. The others I have no interest in. The writing Cullen Bunn has been putting out on Magneto is really good and as of right now, I think it will be the best X book, unless Jeff Lemire wants to challenge him on that.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CobraCommander

Definitely.

Especially Uncanny. Not only is Bunn writing it, but it has two of my favorite mutants. Psylocke and Raven are cool too.

Fantosmex is meh. I liked him in UXF, but I didn't really care for him in the latest X-Force run. Didn't even finish that one.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time@koays im getting extraordinary x-men but i dont think i want to get all-new x-men anymore. i mean they took out teen jean grey, why couldnt she be on both teams?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

@oldnightcrawler also i dont think they "new" all-new x-men will do good without there star teen jean grey. at least teen cyclops had a reason to quit the team and be with his dad

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes on Extradorinary, maybe on Uncanny it really should be X-force with that line-up cause those aren't x-men in my book. Hell no on all new.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm and Extraordinary X-men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm and Extraordinary X-men

Never give up hope :)

she'll be back
she'll be back

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no simply because Gambit isn't in one single title. He is the one character I still like to read about, and now I have no reason to hit Midtown Comics on Wednesdays. Part of me thinks it's because of the 2016 movie (aka the silent war between Disney & Fox). Whatever the reason, I'll just have to wait & hope he'll be back soon.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: why do you like teen Jean so much? Is it just because she's supposed to be Jean Grey and that's your favorite or do you really like how the character is written? Just wondering.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: why do you like teen Jean so much? Is it just because she's supposed to be Jean Grey and that's your favorite or do you really like how the character is written? Just wondering.

jean is my favorite but yeah now that i noticed she hasnt really been written well under bendis maybe with a new writer it will get better, hopefully.........

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cajunpirate: No.No.No. That is unacceptable!! You must live everything Marvel puts out!! You can't have an opinion!! Explain away and rationalize every dumb decision they make. Marvel is great, they are really promoting the xmen and you know it. You are not a real fan if you don't love everything they do!!! Lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Yes. Extraordinary for Storm and Uncanny for my Psylocke fix.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Eh...Teen Cyke is there. I mean I'm not reading it until adult Scott is confirmed alive in the new 616. But hey maybe teen Scott will be texting Teen Jean.

Really am I the only one noticing that Marvel seems to be giving us a young Scott and Jean just in time for Age of Apocalypse's new fans to ask us stupid continuity questions jump on to the first volume of a new book.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Eh...Teen Cyke is there. I mean I'm not reading it until adult Scott is confirmed alive in the new 616. But hey maybe teen Scott will be texting Teen Jean.

Really am I the only one noticing that Marvel seems to be giving us a young Scott and Jean just in time for Age of Apocalypse's new fans to ask us stupid continuity questions jump on to the first volume of a new book.

i was thinking maybe the inhumans kidnap scott and put him in inhuman jail just like beast wanted. also would explain why beast joins inhumans. plus doesnt beast want scott to pay for his crimes!?!?!?!?!?!?

the o5 dont have cellphones cause in there time they didnt have good one, lol....... i never seen them text in all-new x-men vol 1

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

i was thinking maybe the inhumans kidnap scott and put him in inhuman jail just like beast wanted. also would explain why beast joins inhumans. plus doesnt beast want scott to pay for his crimes!?!?!?!?!?!?

the o5 dont have cellphones cause in there time they didnt have good one, lol....... i never seen them text in all-new x-men vol 1

Pfft Beast wants Scott to pay for his crimes and Uatu and the future Sorcerer Supreme want Beast to pay for his. #FreeScott

The O5 have a cerebro that works without a telepath, and fits on Beast arm. They should be able to figure out texting.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope in the first arc the terrigen mist heighten teen Jean's power so much that she's able to send her and the O5 back to the past.lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I hope in the first arc the terrigen mist heighten teen Jean's power so much that she's able to send her and the O5 back to the past.lol

no teen jean has to bond with old man logan lol......why is marvel going there, they should let it go. there still pro scott/emma and pro jean/logan

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for j_mutantcomando76
J_MutantComando76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. EXM for Old Man Logan, Storm, and Colossus.

comicawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: You do know that Storms solo book was cancelled, and it is not coming back because of poor sales

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup,i am going to read them all. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicawesome: It was canceled because the people at Marvel are a bunch of goblins. How can any book do well when it's being denigrated by the publisher?

Storm would still be going if they actually promoted it and gave it a decent artist.

comicawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By comicawesome

@Sprior93: It was because of poor sales. But I do think that the reason why it has bad sales is because marvel are promoting X-men books less because of there ongoing conflict with Fox. Also because Marvel is putting out another more memorable book featuring a female minority Character.

MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will pick up everything but all new. Just not interested.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not caring until they bring back a good X-Teen book like Academy X was. Totally fed up with lack of appreciation of the X-students.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By adamTRMM

Yeah, Uncanny and Extra, let's see where they go with both, pretty intrigued to see a new direction, hopefully Bunn/Lemire succeed in their approach.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: ppl actually like uncanny with mainly bad guys in it???? wth!!!!!!! such a shame since i like magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Magneto, Psylocke, and Sabretooth(inverted) aren't bad guys, just Mystique and Fantomex(sort of). Also, there are members that haven't been revealed yet.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: is the writer of the new uncanny x-men good?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Magneto, Psylocke, and Sabretooth(inverted) aren't bad guys, just Mystique and Fantomex(sort of). Also, there are members that haven't been revealed yet.

Saberthooth on cover don't look like inverted, you know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: Greg Land said he used their most recognizable costumes for the cover art, and that they won't actually look like that in the book.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again the inclusion of Sabertooth and Fantomex is the biggest problem. Bunn has done well on Magneto though so I don't know. If we could replace those two it would be great. Cyclops could still fit on this team as could Gambit or Bishop. Magik would still be good here as well as Emma or Cable.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ppl actually like uncanny with mainly bad guys in it???? wth!!!!!!! such a shame since i like magneto

I can't say I'm hysterical in any way about Magneto working with ST and Mystique, let alone Fanta, but I will lie if I say I'm not intrigued. Again, I don't like the lineup Bunn has picked (there's so many characters I'd LOVE to see Magneto interact and work with much better than those three), it doesn't make much sense, but let's see what he can do with that.

Psylocke is an interesting addition though.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will absolutely be picking up un-x and ex-men. I have lived through much worse, most recently the bendis era and the totally underwhelming all girls x-men team, which for the record i had high hopes for. can it get worse than the last couple of years?

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will give the Uncanny X-men a try but, for Extraordinary X-men I'll see the reviews first. It doesn't seem so Extraordinary to me.

@nwoslave said:

can it get worse than the last couple of years?

The answer to that question is always "yes."

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@time: No Rogue or Gambit doesn't bother me at all. My favorite era was pre-Rogue X-Men and pre-Maddrox X-Factor so I'm excited for ExXM and ANXM. Extraordinary literally has 7 out of my top 8 favorite X-Men on one book!!! Too bad Marvel is forcing Kitty into the Guardians.

My only concern is the artists. Ramos is a good artist, but he style is more suited for Spider-Man. We'll see. Land is meh. I have never like Bagley's art. Maybe he can change my perspective?