Will Jean/Phoenix be in an all female Avengers team?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EC2277
No Caption Provided

Marvel Announces All-Female Avengers, "A-FORCE"

A-Force will be a new title correlated to Secret Wars and it will start in May. It will be written by G. Willow Wilson and Marguerite Bennett, while it will drawn by Jorge Molina.

It seems that the team will be based in the country of Battleworld called Arcadia and Wilson describe it like a "feminist paradise".

If you see the picture, you can see also Jean/Phoenix in the right side, between Scarlett and Spider Woman. I don't know if she is Teen Jean, Old Jean, Another Jean.

Really it seems so stupid that I don't know if it is better laugh or cry. But not I'm definitely sure that they are mocking us.

Anyway I reconize the follow characters: Dazzler, She Hulk, Medusa, Storm, Rogue, Wasp, Elektra, the sister of Northstar (I don'r remember her name), Captain Marvel, an Iron Woman (?), Spider Gwen, Black Widow, Firestar (?), Black Widow, Spider Woman, Jean, Scarlet and two members of Alpha Flight: the winged woman behind Jean and the woman with the withe and red costume behind Black Widow; I don't remember their names.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

........................................................................................

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the costumes all of the various characters are wearing, such as Storm, Dazzler, Scarlet Witch, Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel, being from the "best" versions of those characters, I think it's safe to assume that this is the Old Jean. Could also be Another Jean if Battleword exists in an alternate confluence of timelines and dimensions.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeans dead though...

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeans dead though...

If you look at the costumes, it looks like these are older versions of the characters. Most of them are wearing their retro gear.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's related to Secret Wars

But if this brings back 616 Older Jean, then I am in...

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:
No Caption Provided

A-Force will be a new title correlated to Secret Wars and it will start in May. It will be written by G. Willow Wilson and Marguerite Bennett, while it will drawn by Jorge Molina.

It seems that the team will be based in the country of Battleworld called Arcadia and Wilson describe it like a "feminist paradise".

If you see the picture, you can see also Jean/Phoenix in the right side, between Scarlett and Spider Woman. I don't know if she is Teen Jean, Old Jean, Another Jean.

Really it seems so stupid that I don't know if it is better laugh or cry. But not I'm definitely sure that they are mocking us.

Anyway I reconize the follow characters: Dazzler, She Hulk, Medusa, Storm, Rogue, Wasp, Elektra, the sister of Northstar (I don'r remember her name), Captain Marvel, an Iron Woman (?), Spider Gwen, Black Widow, Firestar (?), Black Widow, Spider Woman, Jean, Scarlet and two members of Alpha Flight: the winged woman behind Jean and the woman with the withe and red costume behind Black Widow; I don't remember their names.

BTW:

Aurora is Northstar's sister.

Yes, that's Firestar all the way at the top.

The winged woman behind Jean is Pixie. Behind her in the white and blue costume is Snowbird from Alpha Flight.

The woman in the white and red behind Black Widow should be Vindicator from Alpha Flight

There was an Iron Woman in an alternate universe - it was Natasha Stark. We came across her when Reed was looking at alternate ways Civil War could have ended. She ended up marrying Steve Rogers/Captain America, so their universes' Civil War settled amiably.

And because I'm a fan of Monica Rambeau, the lady in the silver costume at the top left, right next to the Secret Wars logo is '82-'89-era Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EC2277

@phoenixofthetides: You are right: they are Aurora, the second Vindicator (if I don't remember bad, the first Vindicator was her dead husband) and Snowbird.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

*shrugs* All-female...Avengers? It just doesn't invoke tantamount levels of gravitas no matter what side of the bench you're on. It's like this: the X-Men have eked lucrative and commercial success on the fabulosity of their female characters-- (this has already been established but i will regurgitate nonetheless) the stories of X that have historically and canonically proven to have long-lasting repercussions on the franchise and the mutant community will almost always have a reputed woman of X mast-heading it. Schism basically had Jean, for crying out loud, whereas with the Avengers you've got...the Scarlet Witch and perhaps the Wasp for being the subject of one of the most widely cited examples of domestic abuse in fiction?

Like, picture that promotional picture devoid of any X-men and bask in the prosaic roar of blatant marketable pandering. But Wilson's writing one of the best Marvel titles atm, so i'm still inclined to check out the first issue on principle alone.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

*shrugs* All-female...Avengers? It just doesn't invoke tantamount levels of gravitas no matter what side of the bench you're on. It's like this: the X-Men have eked lucrative and commercial success on the fabulosity of their female characters-- (this has already been established but i will regurgitate nonetheless) the stories of X that have historically and canonically proven to have long-lasting repercussions on the franchise and the mutant community will almost always have a reputed woman of X mast-heading it. Schism basically had Jean, for crying out loud, whereas with the Avengers you've got...the Scarlet Witch and perhaps the Wasp for being the subject of one of the most widely cited examples of domestic abuse in fiction?

Like, picture that promotional picture devoid of any X-men and bask in the prosaic roar of blatant marketable pandering. But Wilson's writing one of the best Marvel titles atm, so i'm still inclined to check out the first issue on principle alone.

Precisely. The X-men also, lest anyone forget, did this very same thing a year ago with the "X-men" title. Before the new muslim Ms. Marvel, we had Monet St. Croix years and years ago (a couple decades before, really). Before Monica Rambeau led the Avengers, Storm had led the X-men quite famously so. The Avengers have always rested on the laurels on the X-men's social innovations, all of Marvel has. The X-men films have black people, lots of women, Jews, Catholics but in MCU everyone is straight and mostly white and mostly male. Even Joss Whedon said recently that Fox owns all the best female characters!

And as a Scarlet Witch fan, I would say the X-men lore amped her up as a presence more than the Avengers. A HUGE part of the reason for why I'm so opposed to the potential revision of the Maximoff twins' parentage is because Pietro and Wanda were quite dispensable to the Avengers titles initially. They were adults who acted very childish, with Wanda resigned to lamenting over love and family. Then someone thought to give them the connection to Magneto which brought out all this emotional, psychological brevity to their story that shaped them to be the characters they are today more than any Avengers storyline.

I guarantee you, everything Joss is going to bring out in Wanda and Pietro will be largely inspired by the nuances Magneto gave them (and the reverse is true for a more sympathetic Magneto in the X-men films). Even off the basis of her look alone, it would seem as though this new Wanda is inspired by X-men: Evolution which heavily focused on that family dynamic.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to determine if the girl wearing a tang top and leggings to the right of Jubilee, on the far right upper-hand corner of the group is Lightspeed from Power Pack. I haven't seen her in a while, though.

No Caption Provided

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By HexThis
EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EC2277

@phoenixofthetides said:

@hexthis said:

Are you referring to the girl in the goth outfit in the front? I thought she was Negasonic Teenage Warhead, with Wanda being based on her classic version in this lineup with the red outfit and cape right behind her.

Not, the gothic-lolita is Nico Minoru from the Runaways.

I'm trying to determine if the girl wearing a tang top and leggings to the right of Jubilee, on the far right upper-hand corner of the group is Lightspeed from Power Pack. I haven't seen her in a while, though.

No Caption Provided

It could be, so the misterious girl at right to She-hulk should be Singularity, a new character created expecially for this title.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO It's Jean from an alt universe maybe Jean from No More Humans not 616.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@@

@hexthis said:
@ageofhurricane said:

Precisely. The X-men also, lest anyone forget, did this very same thing a year ago with the "X-men" title. Before the new muslim Ms. Marvel, we had Monet St. Croix years and years ago (a couple decades before, really). Before Monica Rambeau led the Avengers, Storm had led the X-men quite famously so. The Avengers have always rested on the laurels on the X-men's social innovations, all of Marvel has. The X-men films have black people, lots of women, Jews, Catholics but in MCU everyone is straight and mostly white and mostly male. Even Joss Whedon said recently that Fox owns all the best female characters!

And as a Scarlet Witch fan, I would say the X-men lore amped her up as a presence more than the Avengers. A HUGE part of the reason for why I'm so opposed to the potential revision of the Maximoff twins' parentage is because Pietro and Wanda were quite dispensable to the Avengers titles initially. They were adults who acted very childish, with Wanda resigned to lamenting over love and family. Then someone thought to give them the connection to Magneto which brought out all this emotional, psychological brevity to their story that shaped them to be the characters they are today more than any Avengers storyline.

I guarantee you, everything Joss is going to bring out in Wanda and Pietro will be largely inspired by the nuances Magneto gave them (and the reverse is true for a more sympathetic Magneto in the X-men films). Even off the basis of her look alone, it would seem as though this new Wanda is inspired by X-men: Evolution which heavily focused on that family dynamic.

LMFAO @ this SJW bullcrap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@avenger85: Stating facts does not make someone an "SJW".

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@avenger85: Stating facts does not make someone an "SJW".

Opinions are not facts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is she-hulk front and center? Is the marvel's poster girl for female heroes? I didn't even know she was famous lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By HAWK2916

So now all the females in Xmen are Avengers now? Is this what they were going to announce of the VIEW? Is this supposedly a way of celebrating women now, I mean what next an all minority Avengers team or maybe an LGBT Avengers team? This is kind of starting to be a joke these days. Why does everyone insist on combining everybody into one team. There are more heroes than villains so what danger could possibly exist in the Marvel u?

Uh oh... There goes my complex.lol. Will Secret Wars end the xmen so that they just are rolled over into becoming the Uncanny Avengers- just a division of the Avengers dedicated to human-mutant issues, struggles, rights and equality?

It just seems that these franchises wait on the Xmen to come up with something then turn around and copy it over and over again. These types of ideas just seem played out at this point or maybe I'm just outgrowing comics finally

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Secret Wars just got more confusing..... i hope no one buys it

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no emma frost not bad at all, lol XP

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the costumes all of the various characters are wearing, such as Storm, Dazzler, Scarlet Witch, Monica Rambeau/Captain Marvel, being from the "best" versions of those characters, I think it's safe to assume that this is the Old Jean. Could also be Another Jean if Battleword exists in an alternate confluence of timelines and dimensions.

I agree it does look like the old Jean. I think it's her.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

BTW:

Aurora is Northstar's sister.

Yes, that's Firestar all the way at the top.

The winged woman behind Jean is Pixie. Behind her in the white and blue costume is Snowbird from Alpha Flight.

The woman in the white and red behind Black Widow should be Vindicator from Alpha Flight

There was an Iron Woman in an alternate universe - it was Natasha Stark. We came across her when Reed was looking at alternate ways Civil War could have ended. She ended up marrying Steve Rogers/Captain America, so their universes' Civil War settled amiably.

And because I'm a fan of Monica Rambeau, the lady in the silver costume at the top left, right next to the Secret Wars logo is '82-'89-era Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar.

I'm thinking Rescue (Pepper Potts), since while most of these are retro, they aren't really 'What If..?' characters like the Thor cover.

Started this in General, but the girl with the Rainbow wings was IDed as Karolina from Runaways. The 'star' girl from next to She-Hulk is Captain Universe.

They will probably have an alternate cover with the new Singularity character later.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-women team was just another guinea pig. Marvel tries everything first in x-men then goes full force in avengers even if it runs over the x-men.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess it that the cover is only going to be a representation of the ladies flying around and frolicking on Paradise Island (sorry, Arcadia).

This title is not going to last once the Universe resets so it won't truly matter who (or from what time-period/alternate universe) they come from anyhow. It will be a fun mini- at least from an art perspective. I think Wilson is highly overrated for having written only one title which meanders and moves forward slower (and the first issue of X-men was terrible imo) than Bendis so we shall see.

I plan on picking up my issues through screen grabs on Tumblr just so I can see the art.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Koays  Online
EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EC2277
@hopesummersforthefuture said:

Secret Wars just got more confusing..... i hope no one buys it

:-O

Yes, you are a sensitive: I was going to write, "Wake me up when Secret Wars will ended" in the topic of Secret Wars, when I have read this post.

Awesome!