#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5700 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think that the new X-Men movie "Days of Future Past" will beat the Avengers' $1 billion global box office record?

Personally, I think that the X-Men might not beat the Avengers' box office record because since the Avengers was something new to the Superhero movie franchise, some moviegoers might view Days of Future Past as being a bit old since the X-Men film franchise started in the early 2000s. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2081 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt it. Not saying it won't do good. But probably not avengers good.

#3 Edited by Cap10nate (1892 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. There was so much build up for the Avengers which also carried over to IM3 which caused the $1bil sales.

There really isn't much hype leading into DOFP outside the comic book crowd. It seemed like everybody was excited for the Avengers to come out a year before it was released, and I bet only a few non-comic fans even know there is another X-Men movie being made besides Wolverine . . . which hasn't been given much thought because of IM3, MOS, and all the other action movies coming out in the near future.

#4 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, no.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (27230 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The X Men are not even that well known besides Wolverine. You can't beat the Avengers box office when only one of team members is relevant to the public.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12305 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Avengers played really well to children. The X-men movies tend to be more serious and have some more mature material that children and dullards might find "boring".

#7 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. last stand and wolverine origins left a bad taste in a lot of fans (me included) the avengers (love it or hate it ) is picking up steam and is not slowing down (new cartoon, shield show, sequel in the works) x-men movie franchise is done for now . unless they completely blow the movie audience away , i do not see them making any kind of splash

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like it to, but I really doubt it.

#9 Posted by chalkshark (1172 posts) - - Show Bio

Not without Robert Downey, Jr. it won't.

#10 Edited by Xwraith (11042 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The X-Men have faded from the public consciousness since the 90s.

#11 Posted by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP will be fortunate if it even hits Amazing Spider-Man numbers.

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5700 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: I agree that since the Avengers had more hype, it would be hard for DOFP to meet that record.

#13 Posted by HAWK2916 (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it comes anywhere close to Avengers as far as money at the box office. However if its done right it may actually be a great great movie on par with The Avengers

#14 Posted by Veitha (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, it won't beat any other film of the Avengers franchise

#15 Edited by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Avengers played really well to children. The X-men movies tend to be more serious and have some more mature material that children and dullards might find "boring".

This.

#16 Posted by Jack Donaghy (828 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLNO.

#17 Posted by longbowhunter (5867 posts) - - Show Bio

Whaaat? No way.

#18 Posted by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahah no way

#19 Posted by Black_Claw (2819 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not going to beat avengers. It's going to make a lot of money but still nowhere close to avengers.

#20 Posted by gambit75 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP is going to do badly at the Boxoffice as X-men: First Class did.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13739 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a chance.

#22 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5700 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The X Men are not even that well known besides Wolverine. You can't beat the Avengers box office when only one of team members is relevant to the public.

I agree with this. Only Wolverine seems to be well-known to the public while the other X-Men members are barely known. With Avengers, at least there's Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk and that's much more than with the X-Men (at least in terms of which X-Men got their own movies which were basically Magneto, Wolverine and Xavier).

#23 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4713 posts) - - Show Bio

No!

#24 Edited by SandMan_ (4526 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. There was so much build up for the Avengers which also carried over to IM3 which caused the $1bil sales.

There really isn't much hype leading into DOFP outside the comic book crowd. It seemed like everybody was excited for the Avengers to come out a year before it was released, and I bet only a few non-comic fans even know there is another X-Men movie being made besides Wolverine . . . which hasn't been given much thought because of IM3, MOS, and all the other action movies coming out in the near future.

this.

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5700 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not going to beat avengers. It's going to make a lot of money but still nowhere close to avengers.

I agree. Avengers was a new franchise while the X-Men movie franchise had been around since the early 2000s.

#27 Posted by Teerack (4554 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#28 Posted by phisigmatau (433 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAH no