Why is X-Men your favorite team?

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

What is it about the X-Men that makes you like them so much?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They feed my hatred for the flatscans.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

@sprior93 said:

They feed my hatred for the flatscans.

Well Said Brother, they teach that young teenagers can beat a well trained super villain with team work!!

No really its the diversity and family feel I think, as well as the underlying message of real world problems. Racism, Child Abuse, Religious takes, it has so much that almost anyone can relate to them. The family thing means alot too, it shows that despite you not being totally related or even similar you can still be Family with some one

(prolly why FF is my second favorite, same family feel just less diversity lol)

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Immolation

@mcklayn said:

No really its the diversity and family feel I think, as well as the underlying message of real world problems. Racism, Child Abuse, Religious takes, it has so much that almost anyone can relate to them.

I agree with this. One of my favorite teams was the original Claremont team where we saw people from all over the world come together and cooperate as a team. But mostly for me it was the great stories that I read from the Claremont era that made me start liking them.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

No really its the diversity and family feel I think, as well as the underlying message of real world problems. Racism, Child Abuse, Religious takes, it has so much that almost anyone can relate to them.

I agree with this. One of my favorite teams was the original Claremont team where we saw people from all over the world come together and cooperate as a team. But mostly for me it was the great stories that I read from the Claremont era that made me start liking them.

They have such a vast and diverse cast that they bring to the table. So many different power sets, races, sexual preferences and strong male and female characters. Marvel makes a big deal about making women promenint in comics but honestly i think Claremont did this way before anyone told him too. Storm, Jean, Rogue, Psylocke, Kitty are just a few women that he pushed and made into bigger characters then most men in comics period. Up until this entire marvel cinematic push they were more popular then Iron Man, or Ant man, or most of DC lol and its because of the X men.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interactions....

I just like a team that are more then a team, or a group brought together for superheroics. There's lots of reasons that ppl join the X-Men, more reasons why they stick around...but its that family dynamic that they all kind of have in common. This isn't a group for only the best of the best like the justice league, or a world police/protect agency like the avengers have become in modern times...anyone whether you've got power or not can be an X-Men or help them to achieve their goals (whether it requires combat, teaching, or activism) and even if you dont want to do any of that your still welcome to stay at the X-Men's house.

Its so different from any other team setting that you can't really compare it to anything else dynamic wise

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: ur all wrong its because of the x-men 90's tv show......and the show was based from actual x-men comicbooks

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Invain

Cuz they're edgy and kewl!!

Seriously though I agree with Koays, immolation, and mcklayn. You all brought up very good points and I agree with all of them.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i relate to them and because X-men tas.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Originally because of the amazing writing. Then it became a force of habit. I all so grew to really like many of the characters.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Interactions....

I just like a team that are more then a team, or a group brought together for superheroics. There's lots of reasons that ppl join the X-Men, more reasons why they stick around...but its that family dynamic that they all kind of have in common. This isn't a group for only the best of the best like the justice league, or a world police/protect agency like the avengers have become in modern times...anyone whether you've got power or not can be an X-Men or help them to achieve their goals (whether it requires combat, teaching, or activism) and even if you dont want to do any of that your still welcome to stay at the X-Men's house.

Its so different from any other team setting that you can't really compare it to anything else dynamic wise

This answer is coincidentally the same reason the X Forums on CV is always the most active. The Interactions, and totally no restriction on who comes and talks. Half the people who are on the top 10 seem to hate X men some times lol

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:
@koays said:

Interactions....

This answer is coincidentally the same reason the X Forums on CV is always the most active. The Interactions, and totally no restriction on who comes and talks. Half the people who are on the top 10 seem to hate X men some times lol

Lol True, though I like to think were less bound by a love of comics and more by a desire for them to be better which gives us more room to debate. We all think it can be better but if that means being more like an older time then we'll start arguing about 70s/80's vs mid 00's; a new time? Well wait till we actually debate Bunn's potential ...; Do we like what's going on? OK well how would you improve it? Does it suck because it didn't take your advice? Is it secretly more awesome then we realized becayse of some long forgotten plot point? Does it suck because of a forgotten plot point?

And that's not even getting down to the political/social/ethical/moral debates we get into...or the wars that breakout over criticism or percieved misuse of character.

Its all so opinionated and veried...smh the X-Men board is the hardest working board on this site....bar none

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sometimes wonder if I actually like the X-Men, or I just like Claremonts X-Men. When Claremont wrote the X-Men for 15 years it was like a massive story where every single character, including the supporting characters and villains had arcs and evolved over the years, and the concepts and stories would have purpose and it always felt like events would lead up to something, then, after that was realized, would start building to something else. If you read all of his work during those years including the New Mutants, the mini series, the Anuuals, and Classic X-Men, it all unfolds like one big story. It's basically akin to reading something like "A Song of Ice and Fire", "Black Company" or any science fiction book series. It's a run that is unique and powerful to Marvel and DC super hero comics and the ideas and characters from it were so influential that they are still replicated to this day.

I could search for a better analogy, but look at it like this; at a point in time there was an amazing band that made hit album after hit album, then the lead singer, or guitarist, or whoever the major creative force is leaves, and the band still has some good songs here and there but is ultimately kind of blah....that is pretty much what I think of the X-Men.

I mean look at most of the posts so far.....Claremont was mentioned twice and someone mentioned the 90s cartoon, which were just watered down versions of his stories.